Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 6 months enough?

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Just trying to get a time frame for this. I haven't done any work for business studies, but I'm hoping to do it for the LC. I'll be doing it regardless of whether I get the course done, but I want to know, if I spend 30 minutes 6 nights a week on it, how likely am I to finish the course by June?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Let me get this straight, you haven't done anything as you're picking the subject up from scratch? (Which would be complete madness.) Or you haven't done anything as in you've just been lazy? 30 Minutes? I dunno about that, it would want to be 30 well spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

What grade are u aiming for? and are u picking it up from scratch? Its not madness to do so, yes there are easier subjects to pick up in six months and yes it might get stressful, but if ur willing to do it i dont see why u cant. anyways, what grade are u looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭m19

Slugs wrote: »
    Just trying to get a time frame for this. I haven't done any work for business studies, but I'm hoping to do it for the LC. I'll be doing it regardless of whether I get the course done, but I want to know, if I spend 30 minutes 6 nights a week on it, how likely am I to finish the course by June?
    Hi, i did honours business for my lc last year.
    It's just theory i'd advise you to keep a notes copy
    which is essential for revision. It was a subjected i neglected
    until after xmas also and i got an A1, you will be absolutely
    fine, once you stick to your study plan i think you
    will do very well. relax you've got plenty of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

A mate of mine got virtually an A1 in Biology after picking it up at Christmas, so yeah it's doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Looking for an A in honours. And iot would be a 30 minutes well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭m19

an A in honours is definitely manageable at this stage,
    it's one of the easier subjects to score highly in
    also look back through exam papers. good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭halpin17

It's less than 5 months until the start if the lc, maths not a strong subject either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Slugs wrote: »
    Looking for an A in honours. And iot would be a 30 minutes well spent.

Yeah, u can defo get that A. The thing about business is that, not onily is alot of it (imo) common knowledge, but also throughout the exam u find yourself covering the same sections. I'm only studying five sections. The ABQ is on units 2,3, and 4 this year. U also have the long questions, u can answer on units 2,3 and 4 in these too. Then u only have two more long question, one units 1,5,6,7. So if u pick two units to study and know back to front ul do fine in this part too! A general knowledge of the other two units should be fine to get you along, you can defo get the A!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

You can definitely get an "A" if you work at it. I'm doing Business myself and it's not overly difficult, you just need to know your definitions and answer layout i.e. Define, link to topic and give example or something like that. Those 30 minutes would want to be well spent becuase there is a good bit of volume to the course. Remember to study by unit rather than chapter !

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement