Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing on Canvas,

• 12-01-2010 3:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys,

I'm looking to get a photo I took printed on Canvas, Im thinking maybe A3 or A2 size but most places ive seen are charging 50-90 euro for these, It seems very expensive for what it is really.,

Don't suppose anyone on here would know where i could get it done at a better price than that?

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Steve (ststc on here) does canvas printing and is well recommended.

Pricelist @ 360-dpi.

Depends what you're after really, printing it out onto canvas paper is cheap enough but any more than just the print and you'll have to pay. Most photolabs prices include printing & mounting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

RB is right

the cost of printing onto canvas is not that much more than onto a good paper

the reason the cost including stretching is a lot more, is its a manual task and to stretch a canvas takes about 20 mins to do it properly + the cost of the stretcher frame

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ahh i see, thanks for the comments guys,

I dont really mind doing a bit of the aul manual labour involved in mounting it really, What sort of cost would i be looking at for printing on Canvas alone?

cheers.,:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

Masada wrote: »
    Ahh i see, thanks for the comments guys,

I dont really mind doing a bit of the aul manual labour involved in mounting it really, What sort of cost would i be looking at for printing on Canvas alone?

cheers.,:)

http://360-dpi.com/page8/files/pricelist.pdf

he has prices there for the print itself
    but stretching a canvas so it will look right and will last is tough and to do properly requires practice and some equipment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

stretching canvas is a skilled job, well to do it well it is

you need

1metre steel rule
    sharp knife
    streching pliers
    cutting matt
    stapler, preff electric as you will kill your hands with manual one
    rubber mallet

stretcher bars or frame, tape and hangers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Steve is right, it's hard to do and takes a bit of practice also good stretcher bars aren't that cheap really. Steve would do a much better job than most labs out there, that's from experience!

Advertisement