Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cards.

• 12-01-2010 3:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

How ****ing good were they?

Playground currency. The reason i was ok with going into school. Ill never forget the day i got Charizard in my starter pack.

Anyone con the really young classes into trading an evolved pokemon for a bunch of Energy cards? "Your giving me 1 card, im giving you 5!".

Im going to the attic to see if i can root out my folder. Yeah, i had a folder, you had to stay organized.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'll never forget the disappointment of getting 3 'shiner' cards in one pack only to later discover they were counterfeit cards. *cries*

I'l never forget that damned 5th classer got me to trade his Rhyhorn for my Shiny Rocket Dugtrio, He conned me into thinking Leer turns other pokemon into Weedle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Haha, you got pwned :P I found all my old pokémon cards recently and got some new ones. The old ones have that musty smell :P Now if I could only remember how to play properly....

I'l never forget that damned 5th classer got me to trade his Rhyhorn for my Shiny Rocket Dugtrio, He conned me into thinking Leer turns other pokemon into Weedle.

Oooo, shneaky.
    Haha, you got pwned :P I found all my old pokémon cards recently and got some new ones. The old ones have that musty smell :P Now if I could only remember how to play properly....

All mine got donated to charity years ago :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

We'll have to get some pokémon card tournaments going

All mine are in a shoebox in the attic.They were dug out last year for my younger sisters art project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I have no idea where mine are, they may have been given away. :(

Pokémon cards thought children the way of shady business deals thus they have become an important part of our culture. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I remember going to a carboot sale in the UK when I was about ten and buying a 'Mew' card. It looked pretty legit but I knew it wasn't.
    I wish I could find my Pokemon cards. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I had some great ones. A shiny Mewtwo, shiny Machomp (still in plastic), shiny charzard and hundreds more. I remember they were €3.50 a pack and the excitment of opening them up. Spent so much money on them but now they are worthless. You could usually tell if they were fake if you could see through them when pu up against a light.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »
    I had some great ones. A shiny Mewtwo, shiny Machomp (still in plastic), shiny charzard and hundreds more. I remember they were €3.50 a pack and the excitment of opening them up. Spent so much money on them but now they are worthless. You could usually tell if they were fake if you could see through them when pu up against a light.

Was there anyway of telling a pack was fake BEFORE you opened it...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Ive never actually heard of fake cards being actually packaged. I know someone who had fake cards and TBH I never really thought about where he got them from.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dark Raichu, 1st Edition. Card number 83/82 on the first Team Rocket deck. My most prized possession.

It was a s***e card though :pac:

Not to mention my other 1000+ cards.... got about 8/9 first editions from the lot, no fakes either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'll have to take a picture of my big box full of cards, all neatly packed away.
    I'm going to have to buy a good few folders to put them all in.

Also, anywhere know where sells the new/old cards?
    My sister bought me a Hoenn starter pack for my birthday, back in October but wont tell me where she bought them! haha

Game sell them and I'm sure a few other places do too. Check toy shops and tesco.

You can guess what I'll be doing on Saturday. haha

Haha. My mam bought me one of those tins with booster packs in it for Christmas. I was happy :D

Oh man, I have to get some of those.

AND I WANT TO ACTUALLY USE THEM TO BATTLE AGAIN!!!!

We'll have to pokébattle! I can't remember how to play though :(

We'll have to pokébattle! I can't remember how to play though :(

I got a rule book in the starter pack.
    I'll scan them and make a thread for them... At some stage. haha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CianRyan wrote: »
    I got a rule book in the starter pack.
    I'll scan them and make a thread for them... At some stage. haha

an online Pokemon TCG game :D

an online Pokemon TCG game :D

This could get very interesting.
    NO PHOTO SHOPPING HP/PP ON CARDS!!

hahaha

CianRyan wrote: »
    This could get very interesting.
    NO PHOTO SHOPPING HP/PP ON CARDS!!

hahaha

Lol, I was thinking of doing it over msn or something, would work out much better :)

Lol, I was thinking of doing it over msn or something, would work out much better :)

MSN probably would work better but I'm having all these ideas about an arena style situation.
    One thread for the two people battling and another thread where people could talk about the battle and cheer people on. haha

WIFI battles leagues are another thing that could be awesome.
    I just need to figure out how to set up my bloody DS... :(

http://www.pokemon.com/us/trading-cards/how-to-play/demo/playing

For anyone who wants to learn how to play again :D I think I've got it now. Hopefully we can get some matches going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I remember playing the TCG a good few years ago (about 12 years at this stage!)

Then I found YuGiOh and realised the Pokémon card game was a heap of crap.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Then I found YuGiOh and realised the Pokémon card game was a heap of crap.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: GTFO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: GTFO!!!

Sorry, but it's true...

At least I'm not saying I'd rather play Magic over Pokémon. Heck, I'd play anything over Magic...

Well, I respect your opinion even if it is wrong :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Is there anywhere or anyone that can value cards, I forgot I had all these up the attic, most of them going back 10 years.

- Folder I have has about 100 pokemon cards, 150 - 200 YuGiOh cards.
    - Collectors set of uncut factory sheets lenticular series one pokemon (80 cards).
    - Kellogs lenticular collector cards (full set of 10).
    - Cheetos & Walkers Tazos discs all unopened - 33 standard, 26 lenticular
    and a few other bits.

pk0s.jpg

pk1s.jpg

pk2sv.jpg

pk3s.jpg

pk4s.jpg

pk5s.jpg

Advertisement