Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on changing dates on RTW ticket

Options
  • 12-01-2010 5:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of changing dates on a one world RTW ticket? I have heard from lots of ppl that they have contacted Qantas (the issuing airline) directly and changed for free, but when I contacted them they said it would be $80. Just wondering if anyone has recently done it and if there was a fee or indeed any way around the fee?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

when we booked in jan 2008 (6 months before we left) we could only book 12 months in advance so our return flights were a few months into our oz trip, so we got to change the initial dates the first time for free. However, when they're set, you then have to pay the $75 dollars or so to change them.

So in other words, we were told the first one was free. However, i think we had to remind them that we were told the first change was free.

Also, you can change the dates as many times as you want up to about 24 hours until the flight takes off.

We lost our flights coz we got the 2nd year visa and the flights expired, so i think there actually may be a limit on how far you can keep pushing them back.

Advertisement