Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice, tips before surfing at Oz

Options
  • 12-01-2010 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello there, I'm really interested about surfing in Australia, particularly in Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.

I have ever since wanted to harness my surfing skills there. And actually, I this year 2010, am planning to enrol in a surfing school exactly in that popular place.

I found this institution while browsing online in the hopes of getting infos and knowledge before plunging in http://www.internationaltrainingcollege.edu.au/index.php/Surfing-Courses.html

What do you recommend? since I think they have the course packages, the facilities, instructors, etc that is just right for me. Is there anyone here who had experienced there service? Are there any good surfing schools available in the place?

I am excited to plan things and I think I have to take it from the experienced people.

Thanks for the advice...;-)

-Ed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mate just come over and if your on a WHV you will be spoilt for choice for the time to do this and the amount of courses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

A Shark will only eat you if you are Wet, SO my tip is to avoid gettin wet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Your best bet is to do as Zambia says and just come over without booking into a 12 week course. If I were you I'd look into possibly doing something like this for a fraction of the cost of that course, or else just arriving flying into Brisbane and heading to either the Gold or Sunshine Coast and booking a surf lesson or two once you're there.
    With surfing, you just need a few pointers and then after that it's purely a matter of time spent in the water. It's a pretty steep learning curve but it's just a matter of perseverance and it will eventually click!
    Haven't been with any surf schools over here, but the main beginners area on the Gold Coast would probably be down Currumbin direction, while the main beginners area on the Sunshine Coast would be up around Noosa, and there are loads of surf schools in both areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

honestly dude, i'd book a couple of lessons, and then either rent gear, or buy your own and just practise surfing yourself. there's really only so much an instructor can say/do. get a lesson, and then practise practise practise, just spend as much time in the water as you can.

ive taken it up in nz, and that's pretty much the way ive done it. i ended up doing a heap of lessons once a week, but that was mostly for the social aspect of it, to help me meet people and that :)

Advertisement