Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talking to my Card Company

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I've racked up a bit of debt on the Visa card, around 3k.

Money is tight recently, pay cut, wife's hours cut back etc etc.

Anyway the card provider (PTSB) have been on the phone looking for some payment.

I'm thinking about getting in touch with them to see if we can come to some kind of arrangement.

Has anyone else done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Talking to the bank is a good thing to do, and maybe agree to pay a certain amount each week or month.

Also MABS are their to help with these problems. I would suggest going to the bank, and see what they will agree too. If your not happy, contact mabs and they might be get them to be a bit more flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

giftgrub wrote: »
    I've racked up a bit of debt on the Visa card, around 3k.

Money is tight recently, pay cut, wife's hours cut back etc etc.

Anyway the card provider (PTSB) have been on the phone looking for some payment.

I'm thinking about getting in touch with them to see if we can come to some kind of arrangement.

Has anyone else done this?

Do up a budget and show it to the bank and make an offer towards the debt. Do it sooner rather than later.

Also request interest and charges to be held on the account if possible. no harm in asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Solution.

Loan to clear credit card (credit union).
    Cut up credit card.
    No if's or buts.

Advertisement