Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth Grinding

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

I know a horse who has this extremely annoying habit. I know it boredom but how do you stop it? He is starting to pass it on to the younger horses aswell and there is not enough room to keep them seperate from him!

He also has a bad habit of the occasional nipping which wouldn't be as bad except he is near 18hh and has a rather big mouth and long neck. Any advice on that too would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Does the horse only do it when in his stable? Or would he do it when he's being ridden? Some horses do it from anxiety just before they are taken out to be ridden or before they go somewhere. I don't know how you'd stop it. Have you had his teeth checked recently? They could be causing him pain or be just that little bit too long?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Thanks.

Yeah it's only in the stable that he does it. He's grand out of it.

Advertisement