Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low power in the house/electricity

• 12-01-2010 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

very little electricity coming into the house just now, lights are very dim and ring on cooker won't heat up for me to make my porridge :(
    this laptop seems to be still charging ok and televsion turned on.

anyone any ideas what it could be please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

It's most likely a supply fault. Ring the ESB and tell them you have very low voltage, they will investigate. In the meantime, don't use any electronic equipment or equipment containing electric motors such as washing machines, driers, dishwashers, microwaves etc. They can all be severly damaged by low supply voltage.

Ordinary light bulbs are fine but fluorescent or CFLs should not be used either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Make sure all PCs are disconnected too... voltage spikes + on and off electicity can screw hard drives and power supplies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Thisis happening in Dublin 8 area today. So freaky. I open end fridge and the light glowed slightly, the toaster wouldn't settle down, kettle took an age to boil.. What's that line from Withnail & I? "quite freaked me at the time..."

Advertisement