Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need computer help ???

Options
  • 12-01-2010 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I am looking for someone to maybe help me .How can I improve photo images when saved from computer.When I save a image from computer and use it again in images needed for work ,the images are then not of the same quality.Is there a way I can save a photo ,image,and have crystal clear images then when i use them again.All help welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Try the photography of computing fora, you might get better help there

EDIT; sounds like you are saving the images as a different file-type when you use them. Try to use the same software in work as at home to preserve the quality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

If you are talking about using images from the Internet in printed materials then images online are usually only 72 dots per inch (dpi) so look fine on a screen. Printed image usually need at least 300 dpi.
    See here or here for a explanation.

Also just downloading images from the Internet and using them commercially (or for any use really) could be a violation of the owners copyright and could get you and your company in serious trouble.

However if you are talking about images you have created with an application or have taken with a digital camera and are using in printed material you need to check that the image you are creating/saving/using has a resolution greater than 300dpi before you can print it.

The Digital Art/Design
    forum might be a better place to ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement