Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon EOS 450D with wide lens for €450

• 12-01-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭

is this a good deal?

its off a mate i can kinda trust. bought in the states as an impulse buy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I reckon that's ok yea once its in good nick. I got one second hand myself for €500 (I think) about 4 months ago, excellent condition with 4000 pics or so taken on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

yeah thought as much. i am thinking its just an impulse buy for me too tho haha. just bought a brilliant point and shoot as my other "like a dslr" camera broke completely.

what to do, what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I have a 450 D and its a great camera in my opinion, a lot of great functionality and lots to learn and explore on it as a starting camera.

I think your getting a reasonable deal if its in good condition... and depending on what lense it is you could be getting a great deal ....so then , whats the lense?:)

not sure, i will find out.

its a Canon EF-S 18-55 mm IS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

T-rev wrote: »
    its a Canon EF-S 18-55 mm IS

Sounds like the kit lens that comes as standard with most packages. At 18mm will be a lot wider than most point and shoot cameras, but its not that wide on a 450 D

so is it a good deal or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

T-rev wrote: »
    so is it a good deal or not?

I dunno. I bought my first DSLR (canon 1000d) for the equivalent of €300 in Derry last Christmas with the same kit lens and sold it last month for €330 in Dublin. I since bought a second hand canon 40d for €400.

But when comparing the price your being offered on that one to the price on amazon (first shop i searched), its a saving of approx €90-110 depending on exchange rate. Its up to you after that. Have you been keeping eye on prices that these are selling for on adverts.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Its not a bad deal, you could possibly have done a little better ?

As said its sounds like the kit lense, its not bad to be honest. When you said "wide lense" I was hoping for you it was something like a 10mm-20mm which are great lenses and cost a fair penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

It's a good camera and a decent lens. I have the exact same combo. To buy it new you're still looking at 600+ euro so the price is alright as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement