Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turnaround on Dell orders

• 12-01-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a new Dell PC yesterday and was quite surprised to see the estimated delivery date is set as 15/03/2010. The guy on the phone told me it would be here much sooner but would not say when. What type of turnaround have people been getting with them?

Thanks,
    D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

:D

Ordered a laptop on December 8th. On January 7th Dell admitted that it's lost and a new one was ordered. The delivery date on that is February 16th.

I ordered a PC in November and had it the following week. It was a stock model so no customisation. This may have sped up the process.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My uncle ordered one before Christmas. Stock model. Took about a week as well.

Depends on where it's manufactured. I think mine's coming from China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭d8player

Depends on where it's manufactured. I think mine's coming from China.

How do you know where its coming from? All the sales representatives are from India.

• Advertisement

d8player wrote: »
    How do you know where its coming from? All the sales representatives are from India.
    It's an AW and I think they all come from there. My sales rep is in Dublin.

I ordered my PC ten days ago and it is still listed as "In Production" on the website and the estimated delivery date is listed as March 18th. Not very impressive. I also see on their website that there are no email addresses listed where you can contact them. I sent some emails to their team in India and am getting no response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Hi,

I ordered a new Dell PC yesterday and was quite surprised to see the estimated delivery date is set as 15/03/2010. The guy on the phone told me it would be here much sooner but would not say when. What type of turnaround have people been getting with them?

Thanks,
    D.

Three weeks in my case : standard E5500 Latitude Laptop

hinault wrote: »
    Three weeks in my case : standard E5500 Latitude Laptop

Did you pick a standard model or did you customize?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Did you pick a standard model or did you customize?

standard model : nothing fancy

• Advertisement

My laptop spent about twelve days as "Work In Progress" and then was listed as "In Production" when I checked on Tuesday morning. No change since.

If you need to speak with someone regarding your order, call 01 204 4014. It's option three, option one (personal) or two (business) and then option three again. Have your order number ready. Probably won't get speaking to anyone in Ireland anymore, I think they were all moved overseas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

I think Dell have gone to the dogs regarding order times. I used to always recommend Dell, but not any more. It is very bad service in this day and age to have to wait 30 days or so for a standard (no modifications) pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Got a XPS lap top - pretty much standard spec just after xmas ordered, showed as shipped 2 days later but then took another 2 weeks to reach me.

That said though since it has arrived been trying to get problems resolved - lacks an ordered software and hard drive was supposed to have been upgraded (took Dell 1 week to respond to my email and only then when I escalated it and they tell me the are investigating).

Very dissapointed with Dell this time - have ordered 2 times in past and was always perfect and swift.

Would not presently recommend Dell.:mad:

All the Dell forums are full of people complaining about delays in receiving orders. Multiple delays now seem common. I'm still waiting on mine, but I hope that it'll arrive this week. The last order got lost and no one knows where it went. Dell's tracking system is abysmal, even their internal one. If you have to call them to find out where something is, good luck. Chances are you'll know just as much about it as they do.

All the Dell forums are full of people complaining about delays in receiving orders. Multiple delays now seem common. I'm still waiting on mine, but I hope that it'll arrive this week. The last order got lost and no one knows where it went. Dell's tracking system is abysmal, even their internal one. If you have to call them to find out where something is, good luck. Chances are you'll know just as much about it as they do.

What was it like before they moved out of Ireland? Surely it was better than this.

It was certainly better. I had about half a dozen orders before now and they all went well. It's not just Limerick, they closed a number around the world. The plant in Poland that they closed Limerick for is in the process of being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

A lot seem to come from China these days

I think that's where mine is coming from. It shipped last Thursday and I have a UPS tracking code, but UPS don't have it yet.

Advertisement