Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPod

Options
  • 12-01-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

Im just looking for some advice. I have a iPod classic that i bought in a shop less than two years ago. It no longer allows me to put my music on it. Whats my best route to try get it replaced, refunded or repaired or were to i stand. Its outside the one year warrenty but surely a 250 euro iPod should last at least 2 years. There as been no damage to it its just seems no that the harddrive on it has stopped working. I still have the box and receipt ect.
    Whats people advice on what i should do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Not sure about a refund.. Its outside the warranty..
    #
    Is it just a 1 year blanket warranty or are some parts covered past 1 year.. If its a fault that is appearing in alot of these models then you may get a replacement

I would be prepared to buy a new one or py for repair..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What do you mean doesn't allow you put music on it?
    Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps available on the apple website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    There as been no damage to it its just seems no that the harddrive on it has stopped working.

Does it play back the music that's already on it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Give a buzz to Apple support and see what they say (the shop would end up doing the same any way and they may offer to fix it directly free of charge); if Apple wants you to pay for it take it to the shop where you bought it and let them deal with it (expect to be with out it for a while though).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Agreed, contact Apple Support - and see what they say first of all. They're generally regarded as being good to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tomsav

1 year waranty is on top of your normal consumer rights. You would expect an IPOD to last more than two years so if it is broken I would expect it to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

It sounds like you have the 'manually manage my music' unticked. You need to make sure this is ticked to put any music on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

You should start a thread in Apple Media Devices, it could be something simple that is preventing you from putting music on.

Edit: just noticing u have a thread started already, maybe contact apple support as others have suggested and see what they say.

Advertisement