Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Pitch Heli Cyclic Problem

Options
  • 12-01-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi All!

I have just rceieved my Esky Honey Bee FP V2 and am busy setting it up for flight, although it seems little is needed to be done.

But, one problem I have noticed is with the cyclic control. I was checking the blade tracking while holding the heli at arms length and very slowly spinning it up. Tracking is pretty close, maybe just a few mm out, but I did notice that if I move the cyclic forward, the rotor disc tilts forward but also a little to the left aswell! If I pull aft cyclic it tilts back and to the right. What could the problem be?????

The pitch servo seems pretty well aligned and on the aircraft centreline so any ideas??

Thanks!

SL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

First of make sure you are not adding in left cyclic with your finders as your pushing the left cyclic forward, its easy to do with out knowing especially when the heli is spooled up. Try the same stick movements with out the heli spooled up and look at the swash to see (when cyclic pushed forward) that it alone goes forward.
    if it is still happening (and you can see it at the servos) then you have got some sort of interaction between your servos, You may need to look at the radio/manual to correct this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Swinging Looney

Thanks syl.

My roll sevro is definitely not moving when I use forward or aft cyclic. Without the heli spooled up I can actually see the swashplate tilt to the right as I gradually move to full aft cyclic and vice versa.

Suppose it could be my swashplate guide or maybe my pitch servo is not actualy acting up and down in line with the heli centreline?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

pitch servo
    Not sure what you mean by pitch servo, thought you have a FP heli?
    How many servos do you have on the swash?

Advertisement