Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website interaction

Options
  • 12-01-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    in relation to our company website.
    just wondering if you would know of any product that when a visitor to our company website arrives that a real time monitoring software could be shown in our office. maybe the location of the visitor and how long they stayed on the site.

I know this would be reinforce the importance of the company website within the office to our sales people etc.

any ideas. I have seen a few products on the net but nothing that stand out or has been recommended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Well, "web analytics" is the term for the category of tools you're looking for, that should help with the googling at least. I've never used them in realtime though, not sure what would be good for that - there do seem to be several tools that offer that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

Ok - ill have another search in a bit

We have google analyticts up and running and it is proving very useful but I want something that is more real time graphicial to show employees internally how the website is being used to create more awareness of it as a business tool and sales outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

I asked around some, this one was recommended, does look impressive;
    http://getclicky.com/

good stuff - that is more what i'm talking about.
    Real time info that can be displayed. plenty of stats to keep them informed.
    Might trail it for a while and see how goes down.

I have also trailed www.clicktale.com - its good but not real time - you login and look at previous user visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Statcounter rules :)

• Advertisement

its good aswell.

But.. I would like need alot more graphical interface not for me but for sales and the typical company users.
    I want the users in the office to have a look at the screen and see a snapshot of current visitors, pages.
    I intend to make the users have alot more interest in our website. make sales more interested in it and create a competitive interest between sales and technical.
    It would look very well also when different companys come into our offices and they to can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 krmwebdesigner

abakan wrote: »
    hi all,
    in relation to our company website.
    just wondering if you would know of any product that when a visitor to our company website arrives that a real time monitoring software could be shown in our office. maybe the location of the visitor and how long they stayed on the site.

I know this would be reinforce the importance of the company website within the office to our sales people etc.

any ideas. I have seen a few products on the net but nothing that stand out or has been recommended.

I have the perfect real time website monitoring software. It will show you what time they came onto the site, how they got there and referring websites the came from, how many hits per day, how many visits per day, who is on the site now (by IP, country, what page, what their browser is, what screen resolution they're using, what time they came onto the site, what time they left, what time they hit certain pages and how many pages they hit). It can show you what keywords or phrases they used to find your website and what search engine they used, and it can give you reports of all of the above.

PM me for more info on where to get it and how to install. I might be able to show you a working example also.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Statcounter gives good real time results. Made in Ireland too afaiu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Gordon wrote: »
    Statcounter gives good real time results. Made in Ireland too afaiu.
    Even better, made by a fellow boardsie

Advertisement