Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering garmin to tom tom

Options
  • 12-01-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to transfer favorites from a Garmin nuvi to the Tom tom XL.

I uploaded current.gps to http://www.poieditor.com/ it saw the file no problem and all the favourites where there, I then tried to download it as a tom tom .ov2 file, I just named in favs is it important what name you give it?

The problem is the original garmin file was 735kb and the tom tom ov2 file is onnly 1.5kb. I copied it to the both the folder "maps" and the map folder "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland" on the tom tom I just left the name and checked the favourites on the tom tom to see if anything showed up but no luck.

Do I need to name the file something specific? Are tom tom files allot smaller than Garmin or is something going wrong at the conversion stage as well?

Advertisement