Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 11 Episode 1 on tv3 last night

Wenthworth Miller aka Michael Scofield back on tv :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 11 Episode 1 on tv3 last night

Christine Lahti is back making a cameo for four episode as ADA Sonya Paxton,
    then Stephaine March comes back - but apparently Lahti comes back in episode 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

lord lucan wrote: »
    Yep,the original L&O is 20 years old so Hallmark have gone to town on the whole franchise. They've a list of their top 10 Detectives on their website and they want people to vote on who's the best.

I voted for Lenny Briscoe.;)

Just a heads up for L&O fans,Hallmark are running their "Law & Orders Greatest Detective" over the easter weekend,saturday,sunday and monday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

And how wooden he was.

I have been catching up on the latest season this week and it is still as great as ever.

Stephen Rea guest role was Emmy worthy imo

I kinda thought Wenthworth Miller did well in his role

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

We have it on Five here, must be a few seasons behind you guys. I reckon it's the best of the franchise - certainly with Stabler's barely surpressed rage simmering over on occasion :)

One of the best cop shows on telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Tv3 really killed svu for me you just never knew what ep you were going to get new repeat or really old repeat. Pity coz its a great show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

The show has gotten a bit ridiculous. Half the cases arent SVU cases at all. Like the one where they all worked on that ridiculous animal smuggling case. I think at one point there was a monkey in a basketball.

The episode the other night made me cringe. It was so clearly an attempt to get Christopher Meloni an Emmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

That whole isolation scene was ridiculous, still though not as ridiculous as the decision to have the irritating new assitant DA or that other eejit who did the forensic work that thankfully killed off

• Advertisement

Law & Order: SVU’s May 5 episode will find Benson and Stabler playing house!
    “They’re going undercover as a married couple adopting a baby,” reveals executive producer Neal Baer, who says the episode will allow longtime fans to “experience the fantasy” of a Benson/Stabler coupling (without any of the morning after awkwardness).
    How far will the partners take the charade? “You’ll have to wait and see,” hedges Baer, who declines to say whether the two will share a kiss. “But there’s certainly emotion shown between them because they’re [supposed] to be married.”

F*cking TV3 its off again :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

F*cking TV3 its off again :mad:

Yeah, maddening!! Its not on next Monday either, can't see about the week after that :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Hrududu wrote: »
    The show has gotten a bit ridiculous. Half the cases arent SVU cases at all. Like the one where they all worked on that ridiculous animal smuggling case. I think at one point there was a monkey in a basketball.
    Why not just buy your own storyline for SVU (or other other favourite show)?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304364904575166581279549318.html

Season 10 is being repeated late nights now on TV3

Melissa Sagemiller has joined the cast as the new ADA

• Advertisement

Anyone know what Season TV3 are showing on Monday nights at 10pm? Are these new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Anyone know what Season TV3 are showing on Monday nights at 10pm? Are these new?

They are on Season 11. The newest season (12) is being shown over here on Universal on Sunday Nights at 9.

They said something about a new series starting on TV next Monday.

Is it just me, or is the new series on TV3 a bit dodgy? The storylines seem to have lost any grip with reality at all. This week, we had Benson pretending to be a dominatrix and blackmailing some guy into testifying. The scene where the faux-Brit cop burst in and photographed the guy licking her boot reminded me of the Blackadder blackmail bishop portrait painting scene - just bizarre.

Then there was the whole fake abduction with oodles of blood, but Benson had refused to tell Stabler beforehand what she was up to?

Just doesn't hold together for me.

The show would be better off without Benson imo. She is a very annoying character.

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a321356/chris-meloni-leaves-law--order-svu.html

Chris Meloni has left Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
    The actor, who has played Detective Elliot Stabler since the NBC crime drama made its debut in 1999, will not be returning for the show's upcoming 13th season, reports TV Line.
    Meloni's representative later confirmed to E! News: "It is true - 12 great years and time for the next chapter."
    The news comes just a week after NBC boss Bob Greenblatt declared that a deal to bring Meloni back to the series was "nearly done".
    Fellow show star Mariska Hargitay will return for season 13, but will scale back her involvement in the drama, having adopted a baby girl with her husband Peter Hermann in April.
    Hargitay recently claimed that she is "truly excited" about the upcoming Law & Order: SVU run and the changes it will bring for her character Benson.
    The next season of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will air in the Wednesday night 10pm to 11pm slot on NBC's fall 2011 schedule.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

He will be a big loss.

It has definitly jumped the shark. This week's episode with the bizarre lesbian rights lady was like something out of a kids drama - so over the top that there was no sense of realism at all.

I am done with this show now. Just watched episode 24 of season 12 and
    a teenage girl being able to bring a gun into a police station and shoot 4 people is taking the piss a little bit. And they filmed it like the viewer is supposed to care.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a324489/jennifer-love-hewitt-not-joining-law--order-svu.html

Jennifer Love Hewitt is reportedly no longer in line for a role on NBC's long-running crime drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

The former Ghost Whisperer star had been in early talks with producers to take on a recurring role in the upcoming 13th season as a potential new partner for Christopher Meloni's character Detective Elliot Stabler.

However, following Meloni's announcement last month that he had decided to leave the series after 12 years, Love Hewitt's role is believed to been dropped.

In addition, series regular Mariska Hargitay will not be leaving the show but will instead have a reduced role in the coming season at the actress's request.

It has also been confirmed that Ice-T has now signed on for two more years as Detective Fin Tutuola.

Fin and Munch should be the new lead detectives.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a325934/true-blood-star-to-join-law--order-svu.html

Kevin Alejandro may join the cast of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
    The True Blood star is one of four finalists testing for the male lead in the serial crime drama, according to Deadline. The role opened up when actor Chris Meloni left the NBC series after 12 years of portraying Detective Elliot Stabler.
    Other actors who are being considered for the part opposite series star Mariska Hargitay include Danny Pino (Cold Case), David Conrad (Ghost Whisperer) and Michael Raymond-James (Terriers).
    Hargitay will reportedly undertake screen tests with all four actors tomorrow when they will be flown to New York.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I don't know if anyone else has seen this on Channel 5 but I sometimes tune into old episodes on a Weds/Thurs night and as strange as it seems SVU has a different starting credits to that on TV3. Just thought it was odd. I've seen some episodes on both TV3 and Channel 5 and they've both had different starts!

• Advertisement

B.D. Wong has confirmed that he will not return to Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for the show's 13th season.

The actor plays Dr George Huang on the crime drama, but recently signed up to appear in new NBC series Awake.

Responding to a fan query on Twitter, Wong wrote: "I actually do not return for season 13 of... SVU! I am jumping to... Awake! It's awesome!"

He then told another fan: "Don't know if or when I'll be back! it was amazing to have such a cool job for 11 years and to be a real NY actor (sic)."

Wong first appeared on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit during the show's second season back in 2001.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a330430/bd-wong-confirms-law--order-svu-exit.html

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/andre-braugher-svu/

Andre Braugher is in negotiations for a recurring role on Law & Order: SVU.
    The Emmy winner would play an attorney for the underprivileged who may get close to Mariska Hargitay’s Det. Benson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

http://www.tvline.com/2011/08/andre-braugher-svu/

Andre Braugher is in negotiations for a recurring role on Law & Order: SVU.
    The Emmy winner would play an attorney for the underprivileged who may get close to Mariska Hargitay’s Det. Benson.

Ewww... Olivia could do sooooo much better! He's too old and too ugly. I'd rather they got Olivia together with Trevor Langan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I have only got into this show in the last few months, and its good I am addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

x_Ellie_x wrote: »
    Ewww... Olivia could do sooooo much better! He's too old and too ugly. I'd rather they got Olivia together with Trevor Langan.

Seeing as he's her real life husband, they'd have incredible onscreen chemistry. They're a gorgeous couple, plus Olivia needs some happiness in her life!

I am watching the top ten shows on "Universal" now.Most of these I have never seen as I am a newcomer to the show.

I prefer Olivia with her hair down:o

Seeing as he's her real life husband, they'd have incredible onscreen chemistry. They're a gorgeous couple, plus Olivia needs some happiness in her life!

I know! He's gorgeous but his character on SVU isn't that nice (the lawyer who helps rapists and murderers get off) but he's much better than all the other guys they've got Olivia with over the years.
    I was hoping they would have got Benson & Langan together in the epsiode were Olivia was framed for murdering the biker.
    jimmyw wrote: »
    I prefer Olivia with her hair down
    I like how when you're watching an episode you can always tell what season it's from by her hairstyle.

Yes exactly! It seemed like a moment. They would suit so well in the show. Besides the fact that he's a defense lawyer ;)

Coincidentally that episode is included in the top 10 countdown on Universal UK!
    I've seen the episodes countless times and have them on box set, yet I will watch the entire thing.

And then prepare for S13 without Elliot.. :(

[2004091375087.jpg tn500glaad5.jpg

• Advertisement

Yes exactly! It seemed like a moment. They would suit so well in the show. Besides the fact that he's a defense lawyer ;)

It was definitely a missed opportunity. Hargitay & Hermann are a very good looking couple. I'd love it if they made Trevor Langan the new ADA because ever since Novak left the show they can't seem to get an ADA to stay longer than half a season. And if he was a ADA instead of a defense attorney, Liv would probably go out with him!
    Coincidentally that episode is included in the top 10 countdown on Universal UK! I've seen the episodes countless times and have them on box set, yet I will watch the entire thing.

That episode is on tonight right? It's one of my favourite episodes. I've set the sky+ to record it. I have seasons 1 to 10 on DVD. I can't wait til they release seasons 11 & 12!
    And then prepare for S13 without Elliot.. :(

I'm going to miss Elliot Stabler. I don't know why they just didn't give Chris Meloni the pay raise he wanted to keep him on the show. After all, he & Hargitay have made the show what it is. The show not going to be the same without him.

And I think Peter Hermann looks so much better without the beard.

Yeah I think that episode is on tonight! Just got home in time to start watching them! Hoping 911 is the top episode, I adore it. Or any season 8 stuff for that gorgeous Benson hair.

Same, even with the box sets my Sky+ is full of episodes! :D
    He does look great without the beard. Such a cute couple, and their son. He is just adorable.

He hasn't been on in a while, so it would be great to have him back, as much as it breaks my heart.. Elliot and Olivia looks like it won't happen, and I've never really liked any of her other "love interests". They've hinted at one for this season recently.

Peter Hermann had the lead role in a Broadway play during most of the 12th season. The play finishes next week so hopefully he'll be back on SVU soon.

I wish they'd at least given us ONE kiss between Liv & Elliot before season 12 ended. I've hated all the guys they've set Liv up with, except that reporter that took the blame for leaking government terrorism data, refused to name Liv as his source, and went to prison for life for her. He was lovely. I wonder what happened to him? I have to root out my DVD's and re-watch that episode.

I will forever be a fangirl for Elliot and Olivia. I will go down with that ship :p

I'm looking forward to seeing how they portray Olivia's character in dealing with Elliot's leaving. They said that they won't just skim by it. Nothing ever goes right for her!

There was Dean Porter too, but he just turned out to be an idiot, I loved the scenes with Elliot's obvious jealousy over him.

Same here. E&O all the way! I hated it when Stabler got back together with his wife. I was hoping something would happen between him and Liv then - it almost did in Fault. Now that Stabler's not on the show anymore I just wish they'd find someone decent for her. I never liked Dean Porter. Yeah I loved seeing Elliot get jealous too. :p

I'm not liking much of the rumours and spoilers I've been hearing about the 13th season so far.
    Stabler is supposed to get "fired" because he shot and killed the girl. I don't get why he would be fired for that! She shot 3 criminals and killed the nun. To be he was just doing his job. And the producers have told Dann Florek that his character won't be needed when the show comes back in January after its Christmas break. Apparently, Cragen is retiring and Olivia is given the job as SVU's new captain.
    I don't like that. I think its going to make the long-time fans angry.

Looks like SVU's got a new 'old' ADA
    Scoop: Law & Order Alum Reprises Role on SVU

Court is back in session for former Law & Order “mothership” ADA Michael Cutter over on NBC’s SVU.

L&O original flavor actor Linus Roache is set to reprise his role as the aforementioned cutthroat attorney in the 13th season premiere of the legal drama (airing Wednesday, Sept. 21). Cutter is now Bureau Chief of the DA’s office, a position that just so happens to oversee Special Victims Unit cases.

“I am very happy to be bringing Michael Cutter back to life and exploring how he has evolved into his new position of being a bureau chief and possibly even a mentor,” Roache says in a statement. “I think Special Victims is going to be an area where Cutter’s passion for justice can really come forth.”

New SVU showrunner Warren Leight has a few thoughts on the character, too: “If Cutter was a bit of a hot head in the past, the passage of time and some added responsibility in his new job has made him more mature, and perhaps a bit more jaded.”

• Advertisement

I'm grateful that Alex and Casey will both be appearing on this season. The oldest seasons were by far the best, and seeing some old familiar faces will be nice. They wee my two fave ADA's, and Sonya was fierce.

Seeing new pictures of Danny Pino & Kelly Giddish, it's odd. Even the promo pictures of Mariska on her own, ~le cry. At least Fin is staying on, and hopefully Munch will be about.

Going to miss Cragen too. So many changes. :( Originally Mariska was only going to be there for half, most likely to spend more time with her growing family, but it's nice to see she's staying for the whole season. I reckon it may be her last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Cragen is still in SVU afaik.

Gonna be a strange feeling watching S13 with no Benson & Stabler pairing and no Huang. Have a strange feeling it won't be the same but i'll watch it and see how it goes. At least Munch & Fin are still onboard for giggles and Novak and Cabot are due back too.:)

Yeah on the previous page someone posted that Cragen may be leaving after Christmas :(

It's a shame, he's like the dad of the lot.

Yeah on the previous page someone posted that Cragen may be leaving after Christmas :(

It's a shame, he's like the dad of the lot.

Hope not:(.

Number 2 in the countdown is on tv 3 now.How could a little girl survive under ground for any period of time?:confused:

That's my fave episode, 911. It's incredible. :)

I thought that it would be number 1 in the countdown, but I was happy with the top few.

• Advertisement
Advertisement