Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autechre

• 12-01-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭

Autechre are doing a UK/Europe tour in March.

Anyone know if they are coming here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

First I've heard of it, would love to go if they were. I've never seen them live before. Has anyone here gone to an Autechre gig before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I saw them at the Temple Bar Music Centre a few years ago. They were OK but a bit boring. The music was very different to what they've been putting out on CD lately, more dub orientated and less crystalline if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I saw them about a billion years ago at The Funnel and they were awesome: it was quite freeform but atmospheric and rather exciting. I think it was around the time of "Chiastic Slide", one of their great records. I saw them a couple of years later in Temple Bar Music Centre and mostly I remember a load of dry ice and protracted silences as they rebooted their crashed PCs. The music was cut up, abstract and lacking a sense of purpose. I also recall several "heads" wandering around looking like they were regretting taking that pill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Seen them a few times - last time was at Glade in 2008 after they had released Quaristice. I loved the show, got completely immersed in it. Built up to a brilliant crescendo at the end.

Their set changes every tour, but it's the same set for the whole tour (if that makes any sense). So if they are coming here, don't listen to any recordings ;)

There's also talk of a new album in March, which would make sense.

It would certainly be an interesting gig to go to.I wonder what they use in their live set up, anyone know? I'm guessing it certainly all software these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

The music was cut up, abstract and lacking a sense of purpose. I also recall several "heads" wandering around looking like they were regretting taking that pill...

I could imagine that alright, but I guess the key is to go to the gig in the mindset that they are likely to come out with anything. Be it too abstract or whatever....

Definetly not a band to take drugs to.... at least live.

jiltloop wrote: »
    It would certainly be an interesting gig to go to.I wonder what they use in their live set up, anyone know? I'm guessing it certainly all software these days.

Last time it was all hardware - no laptops at all.

penexpers wrote: »
    Last time it was all hardware - no laptops at all.
    Really? I'm surprised at this, very hard to accomplish those glitchy rhythyms live.

Full dates
    11 Mar 2010 20:00
    Pure Manchester, Northwest
    12 Mar 2010 20:00
    The Rainbow Birmingham, Midlands
    13 Mar 2010 20:00
    Bloc Weekender Minehead, Somerset
    15 Mar 2010 20:00
    Stealth Nottingham
    16 Mar 2010 20:00
    Sub Club Glasgow
    18 Mar 2010 20:00
    Pavilion Theatre Brighton
    19 Mar 2010 20:00
    Tri Postal Lille
    20 Mar 2010 20:00
    Locomotive Paris
    21 Mar 2010 20:00
    Olympic Nantes
    28 Mar 2010 20:00
    Kino Šiška Ljubljana
    29 Mar 2010 20:00
    A38 Budapest
    30 Mar 2010 20:00
    Flex Wien
    31 Mar 2010 20:00
    Fléda BRNO
    2 Apr 2010 20:00
    Koncerthuset København C
    3 Apr 2010 20:00
    Parkteatret Oslo
    4 Apr 2010 20:00
    Nefertiti Göteborg
    5 Apr 2010 20:00
    Voxhall Århus C
    6 Apr 2010 20:00
    Uebel & Gefährlich Hamburg
    7 Apr 2010 20:00
    Melkweg Amsterdam
    9 Apr 2010 20:00
    Ancienne Belgique Brussels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

No Irish date yet but here's hoping. Awesome live. Last couple of times i saw 'em they played with no stage lights. Completely dark room (with only the fire escape lights above the doors in the room on) and it worked a treat with the music.

A must see outfit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement