Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest story I have read in a long time!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Funny story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

God, damn... How embarrassing. The poor guy!:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ive heard this story so many times now Involving different people and locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

That fcuker is not my ghost writer.

Not bad though. Fair descriptive qualities,plausible,fairly well constructed.

Need a bit more oomph in the graphic detail .

Passable;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Ditching her for a few hours was the only option that he had to be honest. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dancor wrote: »
    Ive heard this story so many times now Involving different people and locations.

Amazing that so many people could have the exact same experience isn't it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Its a fake! urban legend! never happened! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Amazing that so many people could have the exact same experience isn't it? :p

I was at a wedding recently and some wise guy thought he had an original story telling everyone about ''his friend'' soiling himself then thrown the pants from a train window only to realise he had a skirt in his bag. Me and a cousin gave each other that known look of ''where have I heard this before'' Im sure we were not the only ones in listening distance who could have called bull**** on his story, but been the gent I am, I let him have his moment.

Im sure it happened to someone, someday but I dont know how many different versions of it ive came accross with name and location changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭gmonov1

ricky gervais tells this story wit a few minor changes in one of his stand ups, animals i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

gmonov1 wrote: »
    ricky gervais tells this story wit a few minor changes in one of his stand ups, animals i think
    And on his radio show from years ago. It was slightly different, obviously. And he himself says it's an urban legend.

So to sum up, story is a fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Yes, there are holes in the story, one of the biggest being that to save himself embarrassment, he ran away and later posted the whole thing on the internet. But it's still amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

:pac::pac: tis funny...but who would actully post it on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

good story and lamebook is funny, no doubt,
    but the vast majority stink of fake

i curiously googled urban myths just to see what other tripe came up and i found this, its a bit long winded but stick with it, the end is a classic:

A young man took a break from his job as an accountant and went to Las Vegas on holiday. In search of excitement, he spent every night visiting bars and nightclubs, drinking, dancing and meeting women. He was having the time of his life and it seemed like the fun would never end.
    In one particular nightclub, he spotted a beautiful woman, standing on her own. She had long blonde hair and the prettiest face he had ever seen. Their eyes met across the crowded room and the man fell in love at first sight.
    He walked up to the woman and bought her a drink. They talked for hours, laughing, dancing and drinking more and more alcohol. As the night wore on, the man began slurring his words and told the woman that he had fallen in love with her. She said that she had fallen in love with him too.
    By the end of the night, the man and woman were both extremely drunk. As they were stumbling down the street, holding hands, they passed an all night wedding chapel. On a whim, the man dropped to his knees and proposed to the woman. To his surprise, she accepted. They wandered into the wedding chapel and were married on the spot by a justice of the peace.
    Late that night, the newlyweds finally made it back to the man’s hotel room and collapsed on the bed. They both passed out cold from all the alcohol they had consumed.
    In the morning, the man awoke with a splitting headache. He looked beside him and found the bed empty. His new bride was nowhere to be found. Thinking she must have stepped out to get breakfast, the man got out of bed and made his way into the bathroom to wash up.
    As he was soaping his face, he looked in the mirror. The steam from the hot water had made the mirror fog up, and he noticed there was a message written there.

It read: “Sorry I have Leprosy and now so do You”.
    The man froze in horror. He looked down and screamed as he saw his fingers floating in the sink
    :D:D:D:D

i curiously googled urban myths just to see what other tripe came up and i found this, its a bit long winded but stick with it, the end is a classic:

A young man took a break from his job as an accountant and went to Las Vegas on holiday. In search of excitement, he spent every night visiting bars and nightclubs, drinking, dancing and meeting women. He was having the time of his life and it seemed like the fun would never end.
    In one particular nightclub, he spotted a beautiful woman, standing on her own. She had long blonde hair and the prettiest face he had ever seen. Their eyes met across the crowded room and the man fell in love at first sight.
    He walked up to the woman and bought her a drink. They talked for hours, laughing, dancing and drinking more and more alcohol. As the night wore on, the man began slurring his words and told the woman that he had fallen in love with her. She said that she had fallen in love with him too.
    By the end of the night, the man and woman were both extremely drunk. As they were stumbling down the street, holding hands, they passed an all night wedding chapel. On a whim, the man dropped to his knees and proposed to the woman. To his surprise, she accepted. They wandered into the wedding chapel and were married on the spot by a justice of the peace.
    Late that night, the newlyweds finally made it back to the man’s hotel room and collapsed on the bed. They both passed out cold from all the alcohol they had consumed.
    In the morning, the man awoke with a splitting headache. He looked beside him and found the bed empty. His new bride was nowhere to be found. Thinking she must have stepped out to get breakfast, the man got out of bed and made his way into the bathroom to wash up.
    As he was soaping his face, he looked in the mirror. The steam from the hot water had made the mirror fog up, and he noticed there was a message written there.

The man froze in horror. He looked down and screamed as he saw his fingers floating in the sink

That's a really poor urban legend. Really poor. Actually it's the worst attempt at one I've read in a long time as it's implausible in so many different ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

FAIL!

• Advertisement

That's a really poor urban legend. Really poor. Actually it's the worst attempt at one I've read in a long time as it's implausible in so many different ways.

eh, yeah thats kinda why i posted it, just to show how totally sh1te it was :rolleyes: actually compared to some others i found it seems quite plausible,

eh, yeah thats kinda why i posted it, just to show how totally sh1te it was :rolleyes: actually compared to some others i found it seems quite plausible,

Well leprosy has an incubation period of three years or so so it's completely implausible.

Also - even if leprosy was transmitted so quickly the woman would have had visible signs of it too.

Anyways. Let's not cry over spilled urban myth milk.

Well leprosy has an incubation period of three years or so so it's completely implausible.

Also - even if leprosy was transmitted so quickly the woman would have had visible signs of it too.

Anyways. Let's not cry over spilled urban myth milk.

You'll love this one then:

There once was a girl who always wore a scarf around here neck no matter what time of year it was. One day while out on a date with her boyfriend, he said to her "Take off your scarf." She replied, "No, I will take it off when the time is right."
    Years went by and the couple became engaged to be married. On their wedding night, her new husband again said to her, "We are married now so you can take off your scarf." Again she said, "No, I will take it off when the time is right."
    More time passed and the young couple grew old together. The old woman lay on her death bed and addressed her weeping husband kneeling by her side. "I'm so sorry to keep this secret from you for so long. Take off my scarf and you'll see why I've always had it on."
    Her husband took the end of the scarf in his hand and slowly removed it from her neck. Horrified, he watched his wife's head roll off the bed and across the floor. She'd been wearing the scarf to keep her head on!

:D:D I want one of those scarves, just incase!!!

Advertisement