Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Season goals

Options
  • 12-01-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

What are they?

I'm planning to top both of my Div. III leagues. With III.14, I'm hoping to top the group, take the prize money and then throw the promotion match. Its not the hardest group, I'm pretty ****ed up financially and ideally I want to improve my finances, stadium, re-jig the squad and finish off improving my training facilities before I go up to Div. II.

Regarding III.1, I just want to get the hell out of the group anyway possible. If I get past the play-offs, which is difficult enough, then its all out to get into div.II, even if it means relegation next season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm 4th in my league but I'm hopeing to pull off some magic in the play offs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Expect to finish second in the league, then almost certainly lose both playoff matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I will finish 4th after the regular season if I beat Cody1 in the last game.

If he beats me, he will finish 4th.

Either way, I would expect the DHF to be in the very same division next season.

I reached all my other goals this season...

8000 Capacity Stadium
    Level 4 Facility and Trainers in operation
    Full 10 star Academy on the go.
    Reached Round 6 of the Cup
    Bank account in the Black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Yep, all about the prize money for me. Not bothered about doin well in the playoffs. Would like to have another go at my current league. Would prefer to finish above jprender obviously.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I reckon i'll finish 4th. I might win one of my playoff matches. we'll see how it goes. Need to try and sort out my finances too. Have level 3 everything now. Need to try and get enough money to start investing in my academy too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Not bothered about doin well in the playoffs

I'd imagine you'd want to do well in your relegation playoff though Cody, right ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

jprender wrote: »
    I'd imagine you'd want to do well in your relegation playoff though Cody, right ? :D

Dem's fightin words! Looks like the build up has started already:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I've met my main goal from the start of the season of staying in div III. I exceeded my expectations of how that will be done by making the playoffs (I had thought 5th or 6th my only real chance)

Not too pushed about where I come in the end but hoping 3rd for the bit of extra cash. At the moment I think 2nd is probably beyond me and 1st definetly is.

My other goal was to have 3rd level facilities and trainers which I fell behind on slightly but will have a couple of weeks into next season.

As for finances I'll be just in the black by the end of the season so that meets my target there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

My main goal is to stay up in Division 3 and that's still swinging in the balance, but I'm quietly confident.

I've improved my team and tactics to the extent that my main competitor in the league hockeyed me the first time round but was destroyed the second time we met. The improvements have mostly been down to training (my purchases were less than wise following some mad injuries) so I'm hoping my young team can hang on for another season in Div 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I will finish second in my League V group..

Aim to win both playoff games, and get promoted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Aim to finish 2nd - win first playoff and lose final... Orizio we might have somebother if we both want to lose the final!!:p

My goals for this season were get 10 star academy, be making profits and stay in the division, all 3 completed now!:D

so now working on trainers... finishing off getting lv 3 trainers and maybe start on lv4 facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Had the measure of the teams in my league throughout the season so hope it continues in the playoffs. Definitely don't want to be be promoted though so i might throw another game to finish outside the auto promote.

Finances, training and academy all going well so looking forward to next season already.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Well I've pulled my self from the bottom two in my league to 5th so if I can hold that position then I'll be fairly happy (4th is too far off, without help).

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

End of season goals include, actually, are just limited to staying in division III!!

Hoor of a group i have to say. Messed up last weekends fixture against bottom placed team by forgetting completely about the match and failing to set either team or tactics. Sickened my hole so it did.

Anyway sure we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

corny wrote: »
    Had the measure of the teams in my league throughout the season so hope it continues in the playoffs. Definitely don't want to be be promoted though so i might throw another game to finish outside the auto promote.

Finances, training and academy all going well so looking forward to next season already.

I wish you would have thrown your game against my team in the league (the Rebels) would have helped me out. I was really wondering how Toulon RFC managed to beat u!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

JohnButler wrote: »
    End of season goals include, actually, are just limited to staying in division III!!

Hoor of a group i have to say. Messed up last weekends fixture against bottom placed team by forgetting completely about the match and failing to set either team or tactics. Sickened my hole so it did.

Anyway sure we'll see what happens.

John, WNWIM tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Sure thing. Just left a message in your guestbook. The message reads..."your goin down!!!!". Except not really. I do hope its closer than the last time though. I need the feckin points what with that ghastly Munster Mark II crowd hot on my heels!!

Advertisement