Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimedia!?

Options
  • 12-01-2010 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hoping to do product design in DIT . asnyone doing this? would love to talk to someone who has or is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I'm doing product design. For an accurate description of what a product designer is and what he/she does, in an international context, feel free to read the following links:
    What is Product Design?
    1000 Words of advice for a budding design student

Personally, I think that it doesn't really matter whether you do a Product Design course in Carlow, Limerick or DIT. These courses are all validated by professional institutes, and the curriculum is similar, with a slight difference on subject emphasis. You will be given projects in your course, and what you produce and learn from them is much more important than things like the amount of lecture hours or the availability of studio space. NCAD industrial design is a slightly different story, it has a different focus alltogether.

Some courses might give you a better grounding in visual design, others in technology. Please PM me if you want a detailed account of what DIT is like, too much to write in this post ;)

Advertisement