Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More floods.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

poconnor16 wrote: »
    I cant see all the way across to the riverside, but they are saying centre park road is flooded too which suggests it has in places in the Marina.
    I kinda forgot my wellies today, otherwise I'd take a wade over to see what the story is:rolleyes:

just pop yer shoes and socks of and roll up yer trusers - yu'll be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

sunnyside wrote: »
    How badly flooded is the Sarsfields Road if anybody knows?

its closed completely as far as i know,they just said on red fm the flood is on the doughcloyne side so its probably where it always floods beside the aparmtment blocks across from elmvale estate,

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Paul91 wrote: »
    just pop yer shoes and socks of and roll up yer trusers - yu'll be fine :D

Lovley and refreshing after a hard days graft LOL :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Lovley and refreshing after a hard days graft LOL :p

egggsactly - like padling on the beach in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The road between Glanmire village and Riverstown Cross is closed apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

janeybabe wrote: »
    The road between Glanmire village and Riverstown Cross is closed apparently.
    Yeah - I heard there were cars floating around down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 weary_one

Flooding all along the road from Sarsfields Club towards Marwood Estate, almost in-passable.:eek:

weary_one wrote: »
    Flooding all along the road from Sarsfields Club towards Marwood Estate, almost in-passable.:eek:

Wow. At least the people in Marwood have the option of going over the top of the estate.

I'm trying to think how people on the other side of Glanmire will get out of the place though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 weary_one

People will have to drive up the back of the old Barleycorn Hotel and then down the back road.

If Riverstown Cross and Sars is flooded how will they get to that back road? I suppose they could go down past O Connell Transport and take the right at the crossroads and go the very long way, ending up on the road behind Marwood.

• Advertisement

Cork City Council is this afternoon (12/1/10) advising the public of localised flooding in parts of the city.

The Curraheen River and the Shournagh River have burst their banks resulting in localised flooding in areas including the Lee Road, Magazine Road and Doughcloyne, Togher.

Due to a combination of heavy rainfall and tidal conditions, a number of city roads have been experiencing localised ponding and flooding including Centre Park Road and Monahan Road which are currently closed to traffic.

The City Council’s Roads Crews have been working from early morning and continue to deal with problems as they arise.

Note: High tide is expected at approximately 4pm today, following which conditions can normally be expected to improve.

Cork City Council will continue to monitor the situation and advises motorists and pedestrians to travel with caution and where possible to avoid these areas.

From the County Council:
    Northern Division

Local Flooding in all areas

Fermoy
    No disruptions

Charleville
    Charleville Scheme: Turned off outlet from Broghill Reservoir in Charleville Town last night to allow that reservoir to recharge and also supplied Buttevant from Doneraile Water Scheme to allow main reservoir at Lisballyhea, Charleville to re-charge. Main Reservoir at Lisballyhea did recharge to 2m but still well short of the 4m normal level so we are just holding and will have to consider shutting supply to another town/village tonight. Have narrowed down a serious leak on Kilmallock Road in Charleville Town and hope to pin it down today and repair it.

Doneraile Water Scheme: Was fine but feeding Buttevant last night resulted in the main reservoir dropping from 3.5m to 1.4m so we obviously cannot continue to supply Buttevant Town from this scheme.

Allow Water Scheme: Barely matched demand demand over the weekend but had to turn off the supply to Dromina last night to allow the reservoir to recharge. Will monitor the situation tonight and hopefully may not have to turn off again (but if we do it will be the turn of Liscarroll tonight).

Mallow
    Reservoir serving Mallow almost empty. Higher parts of the town without water today & yesterday. Tankers available at Church of the Resurrection & Bowling Green Car Park. Flooding in several areas. Park Road now closed, barrier erected in car park and West Brook Court. Flooding predicted in Bridge Street and will be close to November flood levels.

Mitchelstown
    Shortages in the housing estate of Ardmhuilinn and private estates Carrigroe in Mitchelstown and Cois Coillte in Kilworth. We have retained a tanker today located on the Northside of the town on the Dublin Road (Site of Galtee Factory)

Newmarket
    Kilbrin Water Supply disrupted today

Millstreet
    Water disruptions at Old Coach Avenue Millstreet, at Glencollins Ballydesmond and in parts of Boherbue
    Southern Division Roads

Ballincollig Area:
    No roads closed at present due to flooding.
    However Bandon road closed by Gardai west of Halfway roundabout due to a recent serious car crash. Will remain closed until tomorrow.
    Very serious surface water flooding on many roads:
    N22 Cork/Macroom road at Lissarda, Farnanes, Farran, Kilcrea. Surface water ponding extending out onto carriageways. (situation now improving somewhat at 15.00 hours).
    N71 Cork / Bandon road. Ditto.
    Kilumney / Aherla / Cloughduv road: Lot of surface water.
    Ditto on Curraheen road where there is a danger of river overflowing banks.

Carrigaline:
    Sarsfield Road closed near roundabout on South Ring Road.
    Old Kinsale Road closed between Kinsale Road interchange & Tramore Road and overpumping taking place.
    Fivemilebridge to Carrigaline road closed due to flooding on Ballea Road near Carrigaline.
    Carrigaline / Fountainstown road closed due to serious damage at Aghamarta (south of Learys X).

Blarney:
    R579 Leemount X to Cloghroe road closed due to flooding from Shournagh River at the Vagabond Rock.
    Lee Road closed east of Leemount X due to surface water flooding (not due to river flooding).
    Surface water flooding near Inniscarra Bar.
    Shouragh Line road closed due to flooding at Gort Bridge.

Glanmire:
    Glanmire to Riverstown road closed due to flooding from Glashaboy River
    Serious surface water ponding on many roads.

Bandon, Kinsale, Macroom, Midleton and Youghal areas
    Widespread localised flooding in all areas. Some roads impassable due to flooding, including Templeboden Bridge road and Pines Cross to Dispensary Cross road in the Midleton area.
    Many trees down across all areas. Also widespread potholes on many roads, including some national roads, e.g. the N22 west of Macroom and in Ballymakeera and parts of the N25, Cork - Youghal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Sarsfield road is defo closed off. After the amount of idiots that tried to drive through it in micra's and tiny cars and got stuck there aint a chance they are going to leave it open until it clears.

Any updates on town?
    Id say by the mercy should be ok now after the piled up hundreds of sandbags and tonnes and tonnes on the river side of the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Flooding in Blackpool, Centra beside the church is flooded.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

Riverstown cross itself is open to go up barnavara hill or turn right toward sallybrook just cant turn left.

Getting to town from Glanmire i would go through mayfield thats the way i came home from town anyway but that was at 3 o clock

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Flooding in Blackpool, Centra beside the church is flooded.:mad:

No way?! Didn't think that was prone to flooding.....that place does savage pick n mix:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Did the county council use the word "ditto" to describe road conditions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

is it true theres a flood at the commons inn?

cork1 wrote: »
    is it true theres a flood at the commons inn?

Heard it was really bad there this morning alright:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

maglite wrote: »

lol! i was wondering was i reading that right:D:D:D
    brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bunnyfox7

maglite wrote: »

Hehe... I was about to ask that too...:D

Ditto, like, must be someone from D4 working for them.

Advertisement