Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creche in Carlow IFE

• 12-01-2010 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, couldn't find anywhere that was more suitable.

I'm just wondering if there are any parents out there studying at Carlow IFE or I.T who have children in the onsite creche?

Hoping to go back to studying in September and wondering what its like and how would I go about getting my son a place?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Hey emalou,

I have my son in a private creche in graige I can give you the full address if you want. It's very flexible he is usually there for when ever I am in college.

He was in Askaa Creche before but it wasn't so flexible eventhough its cheaper. He is 19 months by the way. He college doesn't really do much for parents in college, but I will talk to the SU about that. There is a creche beside the college and very cheap but its only for IFE students :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

Thanks for the reply.

I intend applying for a one yr PLC course this September, before entering a degree programme in the I.T.

The creche next to the college would be so convenient for this particular year at least but I don't know anything about it as yet and was just looking for info from someone who perhaps knew what it was like.

I didn't know it was only available to IFE students though, bit of a shame I.T students can't avail of its service.

My son is also 19 months old :)

Hehehe same age we should all get together over cup of tea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭emalou

Ha sounds good!

Are you a first time parent or have you other children?

How do you find being a full-time student aswell as a parent. (by the way are you a mother or father?)

I'm completely up for returning to full time education as I've no qualifications and any job I had before were ones that would never see me advancing in the future, so I want a career now, rather than a job, iykwim?!

Difference is when work was fininshed that was it, but as a student you still have assignments and studying to do, this is the thing that would make me so anxious about returning to college, I'm out of a job now and a full-time stay at home mother and yet there is still so much to do everyday and at the end of each day I'm wrecked, how do you fit it all in...? :)

yeh I am a first time father :S very hard stuff plus I have clueless! being a full time student and a parent is very very hard. I mean its my first time in college and I can't go out and drink whatever regular students do.

I also have to work to pay the rent and etc. So sometimes I have to miss college just to work if I get extra shifts. I also have to pay for an expensive creche but it has to be done right. None of my mates are parent so tehy have no idea how hard it is for me not to go out.

How about you? Your a mother I guess? The hardest job ever :S I am so glad me is a MAN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Hi, currently attend IFE with my daughter attending the VEC creche. Have nothing but the hight of respect for the creche. Had so many doubts when I started , but my daughter loves it now and we have to travel 45 mins every morning. Actually dont know what i am going to do next year, applied on CAO , if I get acecpted in Carlow IT,can my daughter still attend the VEC?
    These are big things for use right now, as financial I dont think I could go IT with out the creche helped fees.
    All I can say is that the creche is brill, and my daughter cant wait 2 go every morning. PS Im a dad.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Scunner as I said that creche is only for IFE students and I am still looking for away for IT Carlow students with kid can use it aswell. I hope to talk to the SU on Monday and I will give you a reply about what they think.

Its costing so so much to put my son to creche every day :( and low hours at work!

Advertisement