Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HW & SW Audit Tools

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anybody recommend a tool to audit a network that returns hardware specs as well as software installed? have found a few myself but would like to know what you guys have used and recommend.

Ideally it would be free but if it costs a few bob and saves me some hours it would be well worth it.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

A Simple one I use is Belark, good for one PC, but it can be networked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Belarc's license doesn't really allow for use of the free tool in a corporate environment.
    Spiceworks has worked ok, just install it on a desktop/laptop, rather than a server. Mightn't get all of your PCs though automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭Daith

Lansweeper does a good job provided you can get the client installed on the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

+ 1 for Spiceworks.
    simple ,free and comes in useful for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

thanks guys. have used belarc bafore, but spiceworks looks promising. cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement