Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need accountancy templates

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for company accounting templates in form of an excel spreadsheet, a CD-rom or a reference book, which were set out by Institute of Chartered Accountants. I mean, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss account templates, etc.

Can anyone supply me with them? I have put up a notice in Aungier Street with this request as well.

Some of my lecturers are away at the moment, and the best I could do is use existing templates and guidelines.

If you have any other suggestions/advice, please post them here or PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

I am doing Accountancy (HL) for my leaving cert this year and i would also me grateful for any help in it, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

The crappy thing is, that few people on this forum are actually studying accountancy, so only they have an idea of what I want.

I've advertised my request in DIT Aungier Street notice board, and nobody has replied yet. Maybe its a bad time to do this, cos people are having exams. But if nobody would reply within the next month, this could be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

what do you mean by templates ? As in what the stucture should look like and what should go into each secton on the P&L and BS ? Would your text books not cover this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

what do you mean by templates ? As in what the stucture should look like and what should go into each secton on the P&L and BS ? Would your text books not cover this?

That's exactly what I want. All of the stuff you've mentioned, including the textbooks :D

The problem is, I will be spending all my time (9a.m to 9p.m) in Bolton Street, and my project deadline is at the end of February. I have a number of other important things to do during this period, so I won't have the time to go to Aungier Street to do the assignment. All the good accountancy books in Bolton Street library are taken, so I'm left with some that I can't understand at all.

I'm not really screwed, I have screwed myself, because I have chosen to do some time-consuming non-college projects. That's why I want a quick fix solution for my accountancy problems. ;)

Advertisement