Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera shipped twice

Options
  • 12-01-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

i ordered a camera before xmas online.
    got receipt/invoice via email and shipping number in a separate email.

I late inquired about the shipping as it was taking longer than expected and finally i received the camera but it was of a different order number.

recently i got a mail saying my order is shipped and i just received the same product twice.

Anyway i've only been billed once, since they have my details, can they bill me again? total price is only 114 euros. Nothing at a major 1k scale.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Keep your mouth shut and hope for the best. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Keep your mouth shut and hope for the best. :)

Besides being morally wrong, this is dishonest and a form of theft.

Why not contact the supplier, point out their error to them and return the camera at their expense?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Why not contact the supplier, point out their error to them and return the camera at their expense?

maybe i can stop global warming while i'm at it.
    its gonna be a major hassel sending that back, EVEN if they do charge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Good will goes a long way.

Similar happened to me before. I did the honest thing and contacted them. But, it wasn't for a camera, just an order of memory cards. They actually told me to keep them.

If I were you, I'd drop them an email. They may really appreciate your honesty and "compensate" you. ;)

Of course, they could always just ask you to send it back to them (at their expense).

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

It's their mistake....so punish them and keep it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

There's nothing they can do about it, short of showing up on your doorstep. I'd be pretty certain that they can't charge you for it, as you never requested it; and they can't force you to send it back (without going through court, which for a hundred quid isn't worth their while).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sogg

That happened to me before with a dvd boxset from amazon. Said nothing and gave it to a friend who was delighted! Felt a little guilty at the time but figured it'd be more hassle to return it and sure they never noticed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I say do the honest thing and let them know. If they decide to leave it, grand. If they pay for you to send it back, okay.

neil2304 wrote: »
    It's their mistake....so punish them and keep it

Well I hope you are not punished for every mistake you make in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

keep it!! wait and see if they notice, i doubt they will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Let them know. They'll just tell you to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its a plastic toy camera, i got for my gf. Just so everything in perspective.
    i dont wanna return it because i had my SLR stolen on me twice, thats over 1k. [2k in total]
    Wheres my karma?
    anyway i just dont want the hassel of sending it back and if they charge me, the hassel of the refund. bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

A few years back a smoothie maker arrived to my door from Amazon uk, addressed to another person of the same name in the same town.

I had expected a different order from amazon, so I accepted the delivery.

I couldn't contact my namesake. When I finally got through to a human being at amazon to explain the situation, they gave me another (UK) number to ring. I told them to ring it them selves, and that was the end of it.

Nice smoothie maker....

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

What does your MIND TELL YOU:rolleyes:? Are you feeling guilty?Can you handle the pressure of the unknown?"When will the knock come at your door,The mail from the company,The guy with dark suit and matching glasses with multiple scars:eek: .If you can live with these thoughts,Keep it.If not then contact them.You may wake up during the night all sweaty with guilt and paronia:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

To answer your question; no, they can't charge you. You didn't order it, and didn't authorise a charge. Your invoice says 1 camera, not 2. If they can prove you've received 2, then they could come after you for the camera, or the cost. You should let them know you have it, but you should not be out of pocket, or inconvenienced, by returning it. Tell them to come and collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Well I hope you are not punished for every mistake you make in life.

If they get punished, and suffer sufficiant financial loss, perhaps they will review their practices and improve their business.

Can't hold their hand through this stuff, it's not worth the hassle. Keep the camera, if they contact you then return it at their cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is raising some foggy recollection from the back of my head re the receiving of unsolicited goods.

Obviously, you're not entitled to the goods. They're not yours and you didn't pay for them. Someone else did. You are entitled to your order.

Contact them, and offer to arrange to post them back, but at their cost. You should not be out of pocket for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

As prevoius posters say, email the company and tell them.
    Ireland has a great record with online companies so lets keep it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Placebo wrote: »
    its a plastic toy camera, i got for my gf. Just so everything in perspective.
    i dont wanna return it because i had my SLR stolen on me twice, thats over 1k. [2k in total]
    Wheres my karma?
    anyway i just dont want the hassel of sending it back and if they charge me, the hassel of the refund. bleh

There is no such thing as karma, only assholes who steal cameras and the bull**** excuses they justify it to themselves with, like the guys who robbed you surely would have justified it to themselves, their bad karma, blah blah.

Contact the retailer, they will pay shipping, they cant charge you on a credit card or via paypal, on the credit card you can charge back or see them taken to court for theft, or fraud.

Send back the bloody camera, its not yours.

Placebo wrote: »
    maybe i can stop global warming while i'm at it.
    its gonna be a major hassel sending that back, EVEN if they do charge me.

Firstly I simply stated my opinion on what you should do. Who mentioned global warming???

What on earth is so difficult about putting a camera in the post with a short note? If that simple operation poses a major problem then Lord help us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

why'd you spend 114euro on a plastic toy camera??
    Email them and tell them to get it picked back up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Give me the camera I can live with the guilt and I am not happy under the capitalist system.

I will use the camera to photograph abusers of the capitalist system (bankers and politicians) hopefully in compromising situations.

This could be the beginning of the end for the present corruption (it cannot really be called a system)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Give it to charity. If you still feel bad, email the company, tell them they sent you an extra camera and that you want to donate it to charity but only with their consent. If they do not agree, post their reply all over the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Three Hail Marys in a confession box will sort that one out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Honesty is the best policy ! I'm not trying to be negative but give it back snappy ......before you get framed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dak wrote: »
    Honesty is the best policy ! I'm not trying to be negative but give it back snappy ......before you get framed !

I think you need to develop the humour a bit more! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I think you need to develop the humour a bit more! :)

Need a bit more exposure ! I'm more focused now thanks to your comment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Three Hail Marys in a confession box will sort that one out. ;)
    Funniest comment yet. And true as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dak wrote: »
    Need a bit more exposure ! I'm more focused now thanks to your comment !

Err... damn, exhausted all the puns there i think! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Err... damn, exhausted all the puns there i think! :)

That's ok...we got the picture.

Advertisement