Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera shipped twice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

I'd let them know, but ask them to send a courier to collect it - it's major hassle to have to go out buy appropriate packaging, make a trek to the post office, queue up etc when you're not even bothered about it.

I think, though, they'll just tell you to keep it alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Its a cheap camera. Save the world and keep the frigging camera.

Be nice to people for a week.

I absolve you of any wrong doing.

Go in peace;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Placebo wrote: »
    i ordered a camera before xmas online.
    got receipt/invoice via email and shipping number in a separate email.

I late inquired about the shipping as it was taking longer than expected and finally i received the camera but it was of a different order number.

recently i got a mail saying my order is shipped and i just received the same product twice.

Anyway i've only been billed once, since they have my details, can they bill me again? total price is only 114 euros. Nothing at a major 1k scale.

Thay cannot bill you again. They will probably figure out where the extra camera went. You ought to do the decent thing and let them know you have it and they may collect it. This will surely be too much trouble for them in any case and you'll get to keep it.

Ultimately it is not yours as you have not paid for/been given it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

p15574 wrote: »
    it's major hassle to have to go out buy appropriate packaging, make a trek to the post office,

If they charged the OP for packaging and shipping he should charge the same for sending it back and not send it until the payment is made, just playing by their rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

...and one of the poor guys at the retailers gets accused of stealing a camera after the stock doesn't balance, and he gets the sack. He turns to drink and drugs, his wife leaves him and his kids are taken into care. All of this takes him over the edge, and armed with an AK47 that he borrowed from his drug dealer, he returns to his old employers and massacres the entire staff, before being killed in a shootout with the police.

Yeh Placebo, you keep the camera:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Twixster

I'm looking to buy a new camera, if you fancy selling it send me a PM ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ejmaztec wrote: »
    ...and one of the poor guys at the retailers gets accused of stealing a camera after the stock doesn't balance, and he gets the sack. He turns to drink and drugs, his wife leaves him and his kids are taken into care. All of this takes him over the edge, and armed with an AK47 that he borrowed from his drug dealer, he returns to his old employers and massacres the entire staff, before being killed in a shootout with the police.

Yeh Placebo, you keep the camera:(

seriously.............??????

cameras a pile of ****, dont even care anymore

Take some compromising photos of some body important and release the camera to the big bad world.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,078 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

seriously.............??????

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Tell them they can arrange to have it picked up as it's a major inconvenenience to post it back to them - I can't see how considering you probably have the box and there are post offices all over the place, but anyways...

They could just tell you to keep it. I've received double goods before, I've been refunded more than I should have been and I always drop the folks an email to let them know and for some reason I always get to keep the money/goods.

Karma doesn't come into it, it's just the right thing to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

maybe i can stop global warming while i'm at it.
    its gonna be a major hassel sending that back, EVEN if they do charge me.

Jesus you must have an easy life if going to the post office for 3 minutes is such a hardship. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Send them a nice long email, thanking them for the product and telling them about all the nice photos your going to take. At the end say "and i really didn't expect two, so thank you very much".
    You told them, not your problem if they dont read your full email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

How is posting something a major inconvenience? I'd hate to see you lot if you ever had to deal with a real hassle.

Send it back ffs.

Photograph your naughty bits and post them here;)

Thats your penance. Go in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

I think you should phone them and tell them you are still waiting on it ,you might get a third one:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

i dont wanna return it because i had my SLR stolen on me twice, thats over 1k. [2k in total]
    Wheres my karma?

Whats that saying, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Isnt there something about accepting goods you know are not yours???

I would let them know, most likely they will tell you to keep it, what comes around goes around, karma and all that. I had very very bad luck for a couple of years and everytime something went wrong I would always think is that because I did this or that or whatever. Now I try my best to do right by everyone, myself an d my husband found 2 phones in the same week, i followed the girl and handed hers back, he handed the one he found to the dj of the pub he was in, next day saw a post on the music forum he goes to about the phone and the owner was reunited. We havent had such bad luck, in fact everytime something happens and we think, damn cant afford that, something happens that we can, i.e. a day we have no money and low and behold we win a tenner on the lotto. (That was today)

Conscience (sp?) is a terrible thing be nice to it and it will be nice to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

dudara wrote: »
    This is raising some foggy recollection from the back of my head re the receiving of unsolicited goods.

Obviously, you're not entitled to the goods. They're not yours and you didn't pay for them. Someone else did. You are entitled to your order.

Contact them, and offer to arrange to post them back, but at their cost. You should not be out of pocket for this one.

Technically, it's yours if you say nothing and they don't come looking for it in the next six months.
    Or if you notify them, they've got one month to collect it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Although slighly off topic
    I ordered stuff of shaving.ie and was sent the wrong stuff, I got onto them and they sent me the proper item and told me to keep the item they sent me by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You're better off just getting in contact with them. They might tell you to keep it, most of the toy camera companies don't mind, considering the HUGE markup they're making.

At most, it'll be a quick trip to the post office.

And think of it this way - If you ever want to order from them again, you won't have to worry about them being dicks about it because you got a free camera the last time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement