Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street fighter competition documentary-Justin Wong.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

yeah 'I got next' I've been holding off watching it cause ages ago people were saying a longer cut containing evo footage was coming out , anyone know if that's be released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    yeah 'I got next' I've been holding off watching it cause ages ago people were saying a longer cut containing evo footage was coming out , anyone know if that's be released yet?

As far as I know it never saw the light of day, much like the "King of Chinatown" documentary about Wong.

The guy making that one is still asking for donations, but hasn't updated anything in months and keeps stringing people along when they call him up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Basically he was gonna cut in footage from Evo 2k9.

Except he probably couldn't even have IMAGINED how goddamn HYPE the SFIV Grand Finals would turn out to be.

Also Jwonggg lives on West Coast now.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Here's another version of the last part (overlaps for the first minute or so).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM3AekutinA&feature=related

Also did anyone else find gootecks' basketball analogies in the first vid hilarious :D

"Is pro basketball a game? Yea it's a game, but it's not really a game..."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Red350 wrote:
    Also did anyone else find gootecks' basketball analogies in the first vid hilarious

"Is pro basketball a game? Yea it's a game, but it's not really a game..."
    Funnily enough, I now remember a thread on Sirlin.net discussing something similar -- how NBA (and really, most basketball) actually IS played with a self-imposed ruleset.

At low-level especially, you can really frustrate, and win, by playing 100% offense, all the time, and never letting your opponent wander on back to your half of the court. Actually, that's a decent SF analogy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement