Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds in my attic

• 12-01-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I live in a detached house in a 3 or 4 year old estate. A couple of years ago I found a dead bird in my attic, no big deal, I disposed of it and thought no more about it. A couple of weeks ago I heard some strange noises in the attic and on investigation found another bird (alive this time) which I released through the velux window. And now this morning I've found another one, alive and well.
    I've done a visual check of the perimeter of the house and can see no gaps where they might be getting in.
    I did redo the insulation in the floor of my attic last year though and left a gap at the eaves for ventilation, could this be the problem?
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

I did redo the insulation in the floor of my attic last year though and left a gap at the eaves for ventilation, could this be the problem?
    Many thanks.

Would say thats the problem alright, Maybe this can be closed off with wire or something similar to let the air in but not the birds :o

Advertisement