Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod insurance problem

Options
  • 12-01-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I have my iPod 2 years and the insurance is nearly up on the 16th of February. I've had numerous problems with this and it's the third problem now occuring. I've sent it away with this problem and it was sent back saying no problem found. It's now being requested for the write-off and I have been informed I shall receive vouchers for the shop I bought it in.

I just need to know that I will receive vouchers for the amount I bought it for or can they give me vouchers for what it's worth now?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Interesting. Is it the insurance company that's writing off the iPod?

If so, then I'd imagine that it's like an insurance company writing off cars - i.e. they will give you the current value of the iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Well yes and no if you understand. I've to go through one company as in the call centre and then the repair centre will actually process the write off. But should I not be getting the full value as it's under insurance and not up to merchantable quality?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Well yes and no if you understand. I've to go through one company as in the call centre and then the repair centre will actually process the write off. But should I not be getting the full value as it's under insurance and not up to merchantable quality?
    But according to the repair company there is nothing wrong with it and hence it would (to them) be of merchantable quality and following on that only the value today. Keeping in mind that even if it was not of merchantable quality after 2 years you can expect a certain right of simply because you have used it for part of the expected life time.

Advertisement