Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Cool Cookie's Betting Blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Todays bet is up on the blog now, sorry for not having one yesterday but there was nothing that caught my fancy !

Bet won already after 60mins, happy days ! Had it as part of a small accumulator with Villa and Palermo so I'm delighted, hope some of you had a bet on it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭bealfeirste5

Todays bet is up on the blog now, sorry for not having one yesterday but there was nothing that caught my fancy !

Thanks for putting it up!

Another 2 wins from 2 today for the blog, lets hope we continue this good form ! :D

First of todays bets up on the blog now, pretty confident about it aswell ! Might have another one up in a few mins aswell just trying to get a bit of team news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Looks a good bet alright man, can only get 1/2 on it on paddypower though not 8/13 :(

Kod-box wrote: »
    Looks a good bet alright man, can only get 1/2 on it on paddypower though not 8/13 :(

Ye paddy power aren't the best for some of the lower league stuff, I took the 8/13 with Stan James if you have an account there ? 4/7 still available on betfair aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

no dont have a stan james a/c, gonna dash to my local bookies now and get it on, they'll usually check oddschecker and give close to the best if they dont have it on their system.

Best of luck with it ! Ahh everything was conspiring against me in putting up the second bet couldn't find team news for ages and then just as I had finished writing up the blog post the laptop battery goes, then another 5mins rummaging around for the charger and the bet finally gets posted !

Another two from two today ! Forest v Swansea was always going to finish unders and it took a 90th minute goal to break the deadlock, derby also grabbed a fine 2-0 win at home to Watford, happy days ! :D

• Advertisement

Today's first bet up on the blog now !

Today's bet is now up on the blog !

Blackpool cruised to an easy 2-0 win over Doncaster so thats another win for the blog, I'll get around to counting up the profit so far at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Great job mate, I stuck €20 on them after reading your blog post and they duly obliged ! Cheers :D

Another two winners for the blog today ! :)

Running Profit = +65pts

Today's bet is now up there may be another one to follow in the next few mins depending on team news

New bet posted up, expect the odds to shorten as more team news becomes available so get on quick !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I've added your blog to google reader, that should notify whenever you post something. Keep up the good work, you're doing well. You must be up about 70 points since the second week in January!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Ye I've been following the blog since the start its made me a nice bit of profit so far, cheers OCC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

Anything doing for WC Cookie?

• Advertisement

Going to try and revive this for the coming season, I wont be posting bets as regularly as I used to due to time constraints but I'll try and make the effort to post some every now and then. Previously the blog was focused heavily on football but my current betting has changed to focus more on American Football and Tennis which I have found to be quite profitable. So without further a due here is my first bet. Not one to play full stakes or get rich off as it's preseason and the odds aren't the best but definitely worth a bet IMO.

Dallas Cowboys to beat St Louis Rams NFL Preseason Week 3

Reasoning to follow, just wanted to put the bet up now as the match starts around 1am.

Basically the reason for this bet is that the Dallas Cowboys will be playing their starters for longer than the St Louis Rams, probably for the first three quarters where as the Rams coach Jeff Fisher has come out and said he'll rest his starters after a certain time. The Cowboys are using this as a dress rehearsal for their first game of the season and will rest all their starters in the final game of preseason while the Rams are doing it the other way around and using week 4 to play their starters for a longer period.

Some stats to back up this logic.

Jason Garret the Cowboys HC has a 1-0 record in week 3 of preseason
    Jeff Fisher the Rams HC has a 4-10 record in week 3 of preseason

Best of luck if you decide to follow!

Oops forgot to add in the odds are 4/9 for a straight Cowboys win.

Phew that was closer that I expected but a wins a win!

Dallas 20
    St Louis 19

US Open begins Monday in the tennis so I'll try have a look over the matches and post up some bets.

Small treble on the NFL preseason games tonight with my bet based mainly on trends, specifically coaches W-L record in preseason as some take it rather more seriously than others.

Eagles 8/15
    Steelers 8/13
    Broncos 4/11

Ah pity, Broncos and Eagles win but the Steelers let slip an early lead and just lose in overtime. That's the unpredictable nature of preseason though I guess, college football returns next week and along with the US open tennis starting Monday I should be posting up a few more bets.

Opening day of the US open tennis today so as always I will place a few multiples.

Tomic to beat Ramos 1/3
    Sela to beat Kuznetsov 4/11
    Jankovic to beat Keys 4/9
    Cirstea to beat Fichman 2/7

4 fold works out at 3.38/1, good luck!

Opening day of the US open tennis today so as always I will place a few multiples.

Tomic to beat Ramos 1/3
    Sela to beat Kuznetsov 4/11
    Jankovic to beat Keys 4/9
    Cirstea to beat Fichman 2/7

4 fold works out at 3.38/1, good luck!

WIN :)

Only home now so I'll have a look at the rest of todays matches and see if anything takes my fancy.

Bet in Play: Dimitrov to beat Joao Sousa, Dimitrov is simply the far better player and one of the brightest young talents in tennis. A former US open junior winner he has experience on these courts and should be able to come back and get the win. Currently score 3-6 6-3 3-2 to Sousa

5 points Dimitrov to win 4/7

And to finish off the day

Kuznetsova to beat Burdette 5/11, former US open finalist usually plays well here and should have too much experience for Burdette.

Barthel to beat Larsson 1/4, 2-0 record for Barthel against Larsson and simply the better player, courts will suit.

5 points double

• Advertisement

Bet in Play: Dimitrov to beat Joao Sousa, Dimitrov is simply the far better player and one of the brightest young talents in tennis. A former US open junior winner he has experience on these courts and should be able to come back and get the win. Currently score 3-6 6-3 3-2 to Sousa

5 points Dimitrov to win 4/7

LOSE Dimitrov was absolutely awful and fully deserved to go out

Advertisement