Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Palin to join Fox News....

Options
  • 12-01-2010 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Lovely.

Will she ever shut up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,349 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A stupid number of people adore the dumb bitch, but its not enough to get her elected. Its really not. She could try, but she would fall short.

In lieu of this why not use Palin as a GOP rally banner? It seems like a perfectly nominal move for them. If only to score rich ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭legal-eagle

Extreme Right Wing pack of gun nuts on Fox if you ask me!
    They believe Obama is Lenin reincarnated. she'll fit right in.
    It really bothers me how biased American media is, there are so many an ill-informed simpletons polishing their shotguns when the Fox ticker "Terror Alert" is high:rolleyes:

Might actually watch some Fox news as I used to do for my daily dose of comedy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Lots of hilarious vids on youtube coming soon.

You do realize, everything you just said was Spin and Rhetoric, complaining about - well, Spin and Rhetoric. Its not as though Fox News is the Only outlet putting their own slant on Politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Overheal wrote: »
    A stupid number of people adore the dumb bitch, but its not enough to get her elected. Its really not. She could try, but she would fall short.
    but those stupid people believe every stupid word she says, and now she'll have a 24/7 direct line right into their homes!

• Advertisement

Stella777 wrote: »
    but those stupid people believe every stupid word she says, and now she'll have a 24/7 direct line right into their homes!
    They wont will be her words though ;)

They'll be using teleprompters like JJ Abrams uses Lens Flares. Sarah Puppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

She may not be electable, but she could be a kingmaker. If she does`nt run in 2012, which is not certain btw, she could be a very valuable asset for the GOP when it comes to fundraising and publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

kev9100 wrote: »
    She may not be electable, but she could be a kingmaker. If she does`nt run in 2012, which is not certain btw, she could be a very valuable asset for the GOP when it comes to fundraising and publicity.
    If she doesn't run in 2012 then what is it that she wants? Simply a media-whore?

She is definitely has a long term goal. Could she really be looking as far ahead as 2016 maybe 2020?

Could she really be just thinking about getting jobs in the media?

axer wrote: »
    If she doesn't run in 2012 then what is it that she wants? Simply a media-whore?

She is definitely has a long term goal. Could she really be looking as far ahead as 2016 maybe 2020?

Like Huckabee they are keeping their options open by staying visible should they decide to get back into the political sphere.

axer wrote: »

Well, she clearly loves the sound of her voice so a fulltime job in the media is definitely a possibility.
    And like I said earlier, she can still have a huge influence on politics even if she never runs again. She could be the new Rush Limbaugh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well, she clearly loves the sound of her voice so a fulltime job in the media is definitely a possibility.

...and its not like she's that qualified to earn big bucks doing much else......

This proves the Republican bias of Fox News. Fair and balanced my ass.

Nodin wrote: »
    ...and its not like she's that qualified to earn big bucks doing much else......

Maybe she could do a double act with Glenn Beck? After all, they may run together in 2012:eek:.

http://digg.com/politics/Palin_Floats_Glenn_Beck_as_a_Possible_2012_Running_Mate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,465 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Extreme Right Wing pack of gun nuts on Fox if you ask me!
    They believe Obama is Lenin reincarnated. she'll fit right in.
    It really bothers me how biased American media is, there are so many an ill-informed simpletons polishing their shotguns when the Fox ticker "Terror Alert" is high:rolleyes:

Might actually watch some Fox news as I used to do for my daily dose of comedy!!

They'd do the same thing in Ireland if guns weren't banned.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Karsini wrote: »
    This proves the Republican bias of Fox News. Fair and balanced my ass.
    Apparently Rupert Murdoch endorsed Obama.. :confused:

Maybe she could do a double act with Glenn Beck? After all, they may run together in 2012:eek:.

http://digg.com/politics/Palin_Floats_Glenn_Beck_as_a_Possible_2012_Running_Mate

She's the calm one, he's the panicker.....He gets into a state about the Communo-Nazi-Muslim Democrats about to "socialize" air, she calms him down in a motherly by pointing out that Jesus will be back by the time they get legislation on the agenda....next year some time.

All those people who had to actually put effort into writing comedy and satire since Bush left are certainly looking forward to it.

Nodin wrote: »
    She's the calm one, he's the panicker.....He gets into a state about the Communo-Nazi-Muslim Democrats about to "socialize" air, she calms him down in a motherly by pointing out that Jesus will be back by the time they get legislation on the agenda....next year some time.

All those people who had to actually put effort into writing comedy and satire since Bush left are certainly looking forward to it.
    Lest we Forget, how well Fox's last partnering went...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Eye candy for Fox News. Wahey!

They wont will be her words though ;)

They'll be using teleprompters like JJ Abrams uses Lens Flares. Sarah Puppet.
    It's hard to decide which possibility is scarier: that They (with a capital T) will be feeding the words directly into her teleprompter, or that the crap she'll be spouting on-air might be coming directly from the barren arctic tundra that is her brain!

Will she be moving to New York I wonder? Will she bring along that husband of hers? Where is he going to play with his snowmobiles???

It's hard to decide which possibility is scarier: that They (with a capital T) will be feeding the words directly into her teleprompter, or that the crap she'll be spouting on-air might be coming directly from the barren arctic tundra that is her brain!

Will she be moving to New York I wonder? Will she bring along that husband of hers? Where is he going to play with his snowmobiles???
    And the most important question of all, what newspaper will she read?

• Advertisement

I dunno. But on the outset I still dislike the girl. She was a great political move for the GOP. Fantastic - Especially after the Biden-Hillary thing and if she could have held it together McCain would be my endorsed CIC right now. It just all fell apart during the Katie Kurich thing, and thats when I started leaning left again on the election. They just picked the wrong woman.

It could very well turn out she has good ideas and beliefs but has been poor at articulating them. Very, very poor :p But sure, we'll all watch her at least a few times, so she at least has the opportunity to script what will hopefully be her own words and display them as she sees fit.

But Hopefully, she will stick with this Rogue motif of hers, because its going to be hard to say shes Towing the Party Prompter if she's constantly at odds with the GOP main-line pundits. Who doesnt love a fresh opinion?

Im not condemning her just yet, but she's got a lot to prove of herself.

Oh and if anyones interested, shes 8 minutes outside of her first appearance......on the Hannity O'Reilly show?! Gross.

Wow, she actually used the word Articulate;

And I agreed with the first 3 minutes of O'Reilly's broadcast.

Wow :pac:

edit: now i may be buzzed off of Same Adams Winter Lager, but this Factor Episode, will be required viewing for all. Im not sure what to make of it just yet. Im mildly fascinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Here she is.

Why is he still calling her Governer?
    Starts with her complaining about how she is unfairly treated by the media and then she starts to attack Obama.

Part 1

Part 2

bobbyjoe wrote: »

Why is he still calling her Governer?
    Starts with her complaining about how she is unfairly treated by the media........

Had the media known then what they know now......
    "Palin couldn't explain why North Korea and South Korea were separate nations. She didn't know what the Fed [the Federal Reserve] did. Asked who attacked America on 9/11, she suggested several times that it was Saddam Hussein. Asked to identify the enemy that her son would be fighting in Iraq, she drew a blank. Later, on the plane, Palin said to her team: 'I wish I'd paid more attention to this stuff'."

and.......
    "Palin flew to Philadelphia to spend the next week concentrating on debate prep. The next two days were a total train wreck. Never before had Palin's team seen her so profoundly out of sorts for such a sustained period. She wasn't eating (a few small bites of steak a day, no more). She wasn't drinking (maybe half a can of Dr Pepper; no water, ever). She wasn't sleeping (not much more than a couple of hours a night, max).

"The index cards were piling up by the hundreds, but Palin wasn't absorbing the material written on them. When her aides tried to quiz her, she would routinely shut down – chin on her chest, arms folded, eyes cast to the floor, speechless and motionless, lost in what those around her described as a kind of catatonic stupor."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6984739.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

Truly horrifying......

Starts with her complaining about how she is unfairly treated by the media and then she starts to attack Obama.
    The secret might be in the term "Unfairly"

If the above is even half true then that is truly terrifing. How can a candidate for vp not have heard about the korean war? How could john mcain, a supposed expert on foreign policy, have chosen someone like that? Mind bogling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Palin joining Fox - the dumb joining the right-wing dumber.
    Sad but thats America's media for you.

Read? Ha ha. Good one!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Originally Posted by kev9100

Well "The Globe" would be a good start! :pac:

Advertisement