Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Palin to join Fox News....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,465 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'll go with The Onion.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,349 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its not that she's retarted shes just not tuned in. She doesnt belong in Federal Politics. And she clearly had no interest in them, prior to being thrown into a presidential campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

Watched her tonight with Glenn Beck. The best comedy I've seen in an age, their combined IQ barely reaches lift-off. Dumb and Dumber. Utterly mortifying stuff. Beck thinks repeatedly using the word "paradigm" makes him sound intellectual. Palin told us that France gave America the Statue of Liberty because it feared America would turn in to France. I'm not making this up. For a laugh I looked at the response on Free Republic, they were almost wetting themselves with ecstasy. One said the Lord Jesus Christ had sent Sarah to save America, at which point several Tea-baggers reigned in with choruses of "HALLELUJAH!!"

Good grief. God has his work cut out if he wants to save Amurika.

Links?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Watched her tonight with Glenn Beck. The best comedy I've seen in an age, their combined IQ barely reaches lift-off. Dumb and Dumber. Utterly mortifying stuff. Beck thinks repeatedly using the word "paradigm" makes him sound intellectual. Palin told us that France gave America the Statue of Liberty because it feared America would turn in to France. I'm not making this up. For a laugh I looked at the response on Free Republic, they were almost wetting themselves with ecstasy. One said the Lord Jesus Christ had sent Sarah to save America, at which point several Tea-baggers reigned in with choruses of "HALLELUJAH!!"

Good grief. God has his work cut out if he wants to save Amurika.

...and just think, this woman could have had her finger on the nuclear button had she and her election running partner won!
    Now thats scary! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Who was your favorite founder?
    All of them!!!!

Yeah :)

But thats what I mean, theres no contest here and I think we're just ****ting on her political grave at this point. I have no respect for her campaign but I see no reason to hang the woman personally. She would have done herself a big favor just staying quiet, governing alaska, worrying not for the affairs of the rest of the world.. Now the poor woman is an inescapable Icon of GOP Failure. Which I guess in many ways can be quite Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    All of them!!!!

Better than the half-expected 'guy with the wig'......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

bobbyjoe wrote: »
    All of them!!!!

That woman makes my brain hurt. On overheals point that we should leave her alone, there's not a hope in hell that will happen. When you come out with statements like 'Obama pals around with terrorists' or that 'small towns are the real america' you lose all credibility and should be attacked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

I actually thought Sarah Palin did pretty good. Sad how some can only profess their perceived intelligence by making fun of another. Only seems to project their own shortcomings in my opinion. I think she might be smarter than most here. And if you want to talk about the question of who was your favorite founding father… How about Mika Brzezinski's (that NY upper west side liberal on the Morning Joe Show over at MSLSD) comment when discussing Pailn’s answer… Mika said Abraham Lincoln was her favorite founding father. So where are the “stupid” comments… they seem to be missing.

As an aside… I need to have surgery Monday from an auto accident. They will be removing part of my spine. Will that turn me into a democrat? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    Mika said Abraham Lincoln was her favorite founding father. So where are the “stupid” comments… they seem to be missing.

As an aside… I need to have surgery Monday from an auto accident. They will be removing part of my spine. Will that turn me into a democrat? ;)

While Mika isnt the brightest, she has never run for public office so thats why she has been left alone I guess.

P.S Best of luck with your surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Stella777 wrote: »
    but those stupid people believe every stupid word she says, and now she'll have a 24/7 direct line right into their homes!
    Overheal wrote: »
    They wont will be her words though ;)

They'll be using teleprompters like JJ Abrams uses Lens Flares. Sarah Puppet.

Have you just inadvertently described the Presidential role? Or was that intentional?

Pocono Joe wrote: »

If the doctor ****s it up because he's been on a 48 hour shift and you still have to pay through the roof to for it, then probably:pac:.

(Seriously though, from someone who is terrified of surgeries, I hope all goes well)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

This worries me greatly. If the economy doesn't pick up or if the U.S mainland suffers a big terrorist attack I think Obama might be a one-term president. It's bad enough that most of the Obama attacks are contradictory (taking 3 days to address underpants bomber/Bush's 6 days for Richard Reid), trying to ret-con Bush's presidency (Guiliani - no domestic attacks under Bush, under Obama - one) or just nonsensical (Death Panel, Health Care reform will kill grandma), the problem is that Palin will be vastly different to any other Pundit or host on Fox News.

Palin is NOT out of the race for 2012 as long as the Republican base and Tea Party goers want her, and they both love her. Now she has a nightly Primetime platform to swat away any grounded criticisms without any follow-up or probing questions and secondly, she's allowed to make whatever kind of statements she wants to like a commentator like Beck etc without the fallout that befalls a politician; losing election seats or having to step down. Her popularity can only increase and it already looks like they're not looking for any insightful punditry, just the strength of her personality within the right-wing base to add credibility to wingnut conspiracies and raise Fox's ratings. I don't think she is out of the race at all and this definitely scares me, Palin isn't too dumb to win a presidency whilst her followers are dumb enough to make her book the biggest U.S bestseller of 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

I agree with the above. I'm going to make a bet that Obama will be a one term president and she will be the next president. I'm not doing it because i hope it happens but purely because when that dark day falls upon us, at least i'll have won money out of it. Although Obama is loved in Europe and throughout large areas of the world, in the states his approval ratings have been falling. Obviously Fox news doesn't help his approval ratings. Read a funny thing, Rupert Murdoch endorsed Obama but his news station Fox didn't. It was a media attempt to say, look i support Obama so obviuosly any stories my station carry of him have to be true as why would i jeopordise my choices chances of being and staying elected. He is as far right as they come so there is no way he is a true supporter of Obama.

I hope my bet doesn't come true but if they voted for Bush twice, then she has a very real chnace of being elected. I believe that she is too stupid to be president. If Obama was as stupid as her i wouldn't want him as president either but this woman, she's got sh&t for brains. If it transpires that she is the next president, all i can say is good luck to us all, or more importantly, good luck to you if you or your country are considered as blocking 'freedom and liberty'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I hope my bet doesn't come true but if they voted for Bush twice, then she has a very real chnace of being elected. I believe that she is too stupid to be president.

I hate to say it but in an anarchistic way it would be interesting to see how a palin presidency would pan out. It would be a complete joke from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Congrats has to go to Jon Stewart, endless material for his show...

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I hate to say it but in an anarchistic way it would be interesting to see how a palin presidency would pan out. It would be a complete joke from day one.

We had eight years of it with Bush: figurehead with someone else pulling the strings. And odds on for a second Korean War.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    We had eight years of it with Bush: figurehead with someone else pulling the strings. And odds on for a second Korean War.

Some would have to explain to that girl what happened in the first one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Anyone know what time she is on Fox News?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I havent watched/switched on fox news since january 2001...

FatherTed wrote: »
    Anyone know what time she is on Fox News?

have you not get any of the comedy channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    have you not get any of the comedy channels?

I know. Seeing as how little comedic talent there is on TV these days, I just know she could give me quite a few laughs....

I've just realised something else: who the hell asks "Who's you favourite founding father?" of a would-be journalist or ex-vp-candidate? That's something you ask a twelve year-old for a fluff piece.

Can you imagine Questions And Answers host asking Mary Harney, who was her favourite 1916 rebel instead of talking about the HSE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread but tina Fey must be happy as she's in work for another few years with her palin character.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Fox deserves Sarah Palin. "Birds of a feather flock together."
    I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread but tina Fey must be happy as she's in work for another few years with her palin character.
    Sarah Palin could stay at home and broaden her foreign relations experience by looking at Russia, while Tina Fey takes her place on Fox and in 2012, and no one would know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Fox deserves Sarah Palin. "Birds of a feather flock together."
    Sarah Palin could stay at home and broaden her foreign relations experience by looking at Russia, while Tina Fey takes her place on Fox and in 2012, and no one would know the difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsU26FNC0sg&feature=related

I thought it hilarious the first time I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Sarah Palin is a joke who would do anything to get back in the spotlight. Fox news deserves her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lets change direction here and try and discuss Palin constructively? :)

Advertisement