Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get OMV of a 2001 car

• 12-01-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi

I need to get the OMV of a 2001 VW golf for tax purposes

How would I go about finding out what the price of a new 2001 golf was in 2001?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume that you mean Open Market Value.
    I would scour the various Irish car sales sites and find several realistic examples and use these as presumably the VRO have over-priced the car.

Edit: I see that you are looking for the 2001 value - I'd contact VW for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I bought a golf new in 2002 - it was a 1.6 Highline model. The base price for this was about 25k. The (very) basic one - 1.4, manual windows - was about 21/22k (I may even have an old price list at home, will check later).

(Figures for 2001 will probably be in £ so you'll have to convert to €).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I bought a 1.4 base model (metallic paint) in 2000. It was £14,400 punts.

Advertisement