Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert results on CAO app ?

Options
  • 12-01-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Do I need to supply a copy of my leaving cert and junior cert results on the CAO form. I found this in the handbook and got confused.

2. Final secondary level qualification awarded,e.g. Junior Certificate, Leaving Certificate (pre-1985only); GCE, etc., and the dates awarded.

Also I am sure that I never received a certificate with my leaving results (have a junior cert one) as I got them online. The only piece of paper I have with my leaving results printed is the the CAO offer notice which I received back in 2002. Will that suffice as proof of leaving cert results ? I cant see how it wouldnt.
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Just contacted CAO and seemingly there is no need to supply them if done after 85 once you supply them with the year and your LCE no.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hey , i just posted similar thread about this called Certificates to supply with CAO, i havent done my LC but i have done my junior, however over the years i have misplaced the cert and the CAO handbook confused me too as it says that CAO can obtain state examination results themselves but then another part of the book says something similar to what the orignal poster said and i got lost therre!!

So your 100% sure that there is no need to send JC/LC certificates if done since 85?

If thats right ,its brilliant!!

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Hey , i just posted similar thread about this called Certificates to supply with CAO, i havent done my LC but i have done my junior, however over the years i have misplaced the cert and the CAO handbook confused me too as it says that CAO can obtain state examination results themselves but then another part of the book says something similar to what the orignal poster said and i got lost therre!!

So your 100% sure that there is no need to send JC/LC certificates if done since 85?

If thats right ,its brilliant!!

No, no, no. I am not 100% sure about the Junior cert. I was talking to them about the leaving cert. They told me if you done the leaving cert between 85 and now then all you need to provide them was your LCE no. and year. I would contact them to make sure about the Junior cert to be on the safe side.

Oh ok!! Did you ring them or email? do you have the contact details handy?>

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Oh ok!! Did you ring them or email? do you have the contact details handy?>

I emailed through the website

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=email

They answered within the hour.

• Advertisement

Thanks, iv emailed through website also but probably wont hear back untill tomorrow. Il post whatever info i get as im sure there are others with similar dilema's

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

I was wondering the same thing about leaving cert results, only I can't find the actual cert. Do you know how to find out your LCE number? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Reeni wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing about leaving cert results, only I can't find the actual cert. Do you know how to find out your LCE number? Thanks

I just rang the secondary school that I went to and they rang me back with it, as it was in archives,

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Oh thats great, thanks a mil!

Advertisement