Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Maynooth Mystery Tour

• 12-01-2010 4:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Happening during Rag Week.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=246354871434&ref=mf

What does everyone reckon? I'm a terrible traveller with drink in me, I'd actually be worried about how far they'd take us cause I'd not be able to hack an hour or two on a bus with a lock of pints in me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

From past experience they won't go too far, otherwise you'll be stopping every 5 seconds for piss stops.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Last one went to Swords, Bray and the Red Cow I think and there were plenty of stops along the way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Last one went to Swords, Bray and the Red Cow I think and there were plenty of stops along the way.

Bloody hell that's rubbish. More a mystery tour of County Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The Red Cow and the reasons people go there are a mystery to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

irish_goat wrote: »
    I'm a terrible traveller with drink in me, I'd actually be worried about how far they'd take us cause I'd not be able to hack an hour or two on a bus with a lock of pints in me.

I thought it was just me! I can't even travel well if I've had a lot of energy drinks!

I don't really get mystery tours... you buy a load of drink, get on a bus and go to a random pub somewhere down the country? Sure that could happen any night, I know one lad started drinking in the Roost and somehow woke up outside the Poitín Stil in Rathcoole.
    I just don't get what's so OMG MYSTERY TOUR!!!!! about it! Getting on a bus full of drunk people, stopping every 5 minutes for piss stops and someone inevitably getting sick down the back of your seat.... eugh reminds me of the bus trip to grad night.

Somebody explain why they're so great? Despite what I said above, my main reason for my dislike for Mystery Tours comes from the travel sickness, not the dislike for debauchery. I'm mad for a bit of debauchery, just not in an enclosed space...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I am a perfect traveller when sober but if I'm steaming and we start going near bumpy roads my stomach just starts churning and I sometimes need to stop and get out to throw up. Hasn't happened in ages though.

I think the whole fun of the mystery tour is that you end up somewhere you'd never normally go instead of just going out for another night in Maynooth, you meet loads of new people and suppose there's a feeling of liberation, almost like going on holiay(for one night).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I've had rough nights on the Nitelink, they can forget this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Done it once, won't be doing it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Just put us all on my Nitelink bus. It goes to Ballymun. You haven't lived until you experience the Ballymun Nitelink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

If it;s such a mystery how come we know about it?

At any rate I won't be going, drink i can do, but travelling I can not.:pac:<vomit>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

sounds like the rag week version of a lads holiday tbh.

and no, not a good thing.

now if it were a tank...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Or a flight.

or a giant zorb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

or a giant zorb

Win.

Advertisement