Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Tottenham Wed 20 Jan (Rearranged)

Options
  • 12-01-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Live on Sky awsell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Live on Sky awsell

All booked up and ready to go again, better bleedin play it this time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Nice one Hatch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

this know means that were on tele Wednesday v Liverpool, Saturday v Leeds and Tuesday v Fulham.... and I'm going to the Fulham game!! Happy days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

Dave11 wrote: »
    this know means that were on tele Wednesday v Liverpool, Saturday v Leeds and Tuesday v Fulham.... and I'm going to the Fulham game!! Happy days.....

I can't make it over for a while due to work and study commitments but the 'pool game is on after my 1st exam and Fulham game is on after my last! Beers all round!!:D

I know its excellent, I am going over on saturday, then we are live in the next 3 games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    All booked up and ready to go again, better bleedin play it this time ;)

Good man.
    They better bloody win.
    You deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Nice one Hatch :D

Donal, sent you a visitor message there about a week ago....don't know if you got it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good man.
    They better bloody win.
    You deserve it.

Fingers crossed mate.

ruiseal wrote: »
    Donal, sent you a visitor message there about a week ago....don't know if you got it or not.

John only saw that now, cheers for that mate. Mark has taken care of the taxi i think but thanks for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Pool lose again tonight,lets hope they keep up there poor form.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Gerrard and Toress forced off with knocks and while i wouldn't wish injury on any player I hope both make there return after we play them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

God I hope they are not OK until next Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd say if there's any doubt he'll rest them this weekend so they're fit, though I think the Pool will have a tough time away to Stoke without either of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

the pool are in disarray. any time they concede a goal their confidence falls apart and they are for the taking .

if we get an early goal there we could get 3 or 4. lennon is back jogging apparently but prob wont be ready until leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Torres out for 6 weeks and Gerard out for 2 weeks ,happy days!. Be nice to go to anfield next wed night and give them a right going over:D

where did u see that?

mickman wrote: »
    where did u see that?

Sky sports news and they report yossi is out for 3 weeks as well.

just saw it. unreal. we have to go there now and kick their ass good and proper

torres is their biggest loss in my opinion. they have nothing up front without him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Madness - 3 of their best players out from 2 - 6 weeks. Happy days for us though I'd actually feel sorry for Liverpool fans*

*this only applies if they stay 4 or more points lower than us for the rest of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i've always wanted to see us stuff a top 4 team in an important game and i dont think we'll get a better chance. IMO its about time the world realised they are only a two man team.

• Advertisement

i agree totally. i dont think the pool were ever good enough to win the champs league

if we lost our two best players i.e. lennon and modric

we bring in kranjcar and jenas - who will the pool bring in ? ngog and lucas, ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

They'll probably play their little hearts out but I think we should be winning this game comfortably if we really deserve 4th place. Torres was the difference between them and Villa (who we are better than). Seems clear to me that 4th is between us and City.

Kold wrote: »
    They'll probably play their little hearts out but I think we should be winning this game comfortably if we really deserve 4th place. Torres was the difference between them and Villa (who we are better than). Seems clear to me that 4th is between us and City.

and looking at it in real terms and the way we took city apart at the lane , you'd think that we'll be there or there abouts at the end. We have arsenal chelsea and utd in april , that will be the crucial month for us.

BERBA wrote: »
    and looking at it in real terms and the way we took city apart at the lane , you'd think that we'll be there or there abouts at the end. We have arsenal chelsea and utd in april , that will be the crucial month for us.

No reason for us not to be looking higher than fourth. Squad is big enough and the other teams aren't exactly been consistent or setting the world alight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I actually believe we can do this now:)

liverpool will be nowhere without them 3 id be surprised if the got 3 points havent seen there fixtures but there team is pathetic without them!

villa are a good side but i still think we are a much better team and are squad is far better

city would be our main rivals now...people say there doing well under mancini but come on they've won 4 games against poor sides wolves blackburn...etc
    hopefully we can pull off a good run id expect to win the next 4 (hull,pool,leeds,fulham) and we've a good chance to do well in the F.A Cup

Good exciting year for spurs fans hope it continues:D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

torres and gerrard out ,every sucessful team needs their fair share of luck liverpool dont have it this season
    have to capitalise on this, win at anfield and a champions league spot becomes ours to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lads there’s nothing I don’t like more than thinking Spurs will do well and get back up there but this sort of rubbish talk about hammering a team at a ground where we haven’t won since 1995 is making me cringe.

We had this sort of crap talk before we played Stoke and Hull and we had the same old Spurs show their face away to Everton. Following Spurs should teach all of ye to never ever talk them up because when you think its going well it slaps you in the face. I would be amazed if we win at Anfield regardless of what team Liverpool put out.
    Spurs- until this team prove me wrong do not have the mental fortitude to win away to Liverpool especially when they are expected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I understand where your coming from golfball but I look at it from a different view.

Consider this, when was the last time we expected to beat liverpool in the league? We may never again be in this sort of form/squad my opinion is to milk it while we can. Hoperully we'll be still milking away ten years from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

golfball37 wrote: »
    Lads there’s nothing I don’t like more than thinking Spurs will do well and get back up there but this sort of rubbish talk about hammering a team at a ground where we haven’t won since 1995 is making me cringe.

We had this sort of crap talk before we played Stoke and Hull and we had the same old Spurs show their face away to Everton. Following Spurs should teach all of ye to never ever talk them up because when you think its going well it slaps you in the face. I would be amazed if we win at Anfield regardless of what team Liverpool put out.
    Spurs- until this team prove me wrong do not have the mental fortitude to win away to Liverpool especially when they are expected to.
    Don't really understand your negativity. We are having the best season for years and years and been in the Top 4 all season. Liverpool are playing terrible and have now lost Torres & Gerrard!!

It can't have gone much better for now anyway. Get behind the team.

COYS!!

• Advertisement

[/FONT]
    Spurs- until this team prove me wrong do not have the mental fortitude to win away to Liverpool especially when they are expected to.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on Spurs throwing it back in our faces when we expect a result. But the way I look at it is that if Spurs are to create that mental attitude where they can go to a ground of a 'Top 4' team and beat them - now is a good time to start for 2 reasons:
    1/ I don't think there is a better time to play them
    2/ it puts light between a rival and us for a top 4 spot - good for confidence

Saying all that - we need to put away Hull first - and be ruthless about it!

Advertisement