Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Tottenham Wed 20 Jan (Rearranged)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Big match for us, regarless of how bad Liverpool are.

Although Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun are out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Can't see Spurs getting a win there. Too mentally weak and we haven't won at Anfield (or away to any top 4 side) since Jesus was a boy.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

el diablo wrote: »
    Can't see Spurs getting a win there. Too mentally weak and we haven't won at Anfield (or away to any top 4 side) since Jesus was a boy.

Well we need to end that run sooner or later ;)

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'm not being negative but I'll be genuinely shocked if we win there. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Agreed, and Wed is the best chance in years we've had of doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Im travelling to this one with barry tours. Does anyone know if there is parking in at North wall port or should i get a taxi

Coys

oppiuy wrote: »
    Im travelling to this one with barry tours. Does anyone know if there is parking in at North wall port or should i get a taxi

Coys

Might see you in the arkles for one before the game,PM me if you fancy it.

Will do, also gonna try see if any tickets are floating around for the away end on the night.. Will be a fantastic atmosphere should we win

And if anyone has a spare ticket for the away end id be glad to take it off your hands....:)

And if anyone has a spare ticket for the away end id be glad to take it off your hands....:)

i'll pm you my number, text me wed afternoon and i'll let you know if i hear of anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

My view on this is that we'll lose. Despite how crap Liverpool are at the moment, how they're missing their key players, and how we're playing quite well, whenever Spurs are expected to perform well against a Sky 4 team, especially away from home, we never do. Remember Man U earlier in the season? We were flying, playing great football, and Utd were crap, with an ageing midfield yet they still trashed us.

Liverpool will be up for this one and I just don't feel that our guys, despite having a better team on paper and being in better form, will be as up for it. I would expect a draw at the most, though in reality a loss is what I'm really expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

SuprSi wrote: »
    My view on this is that we'll lose. Despite how crap Liverpool are at the moment, how they're missing their key players, and how we're playing quite well, whenever Spurs are expected to perform well against a Sky 4 team, especially away from home, we never do. Remember Man U earlier in the season? We were flying, playing great football, and Utd were crap, with an ageing midfield yet they still trashed us.

Liverpool will be up for this one and I just don't feel that our guys, despite having a better team on paper and being in better form, will be as up for it. I would expect a draw at the most, though in reality a loss is what I'm really expecting.

Have you watched any football lately? This is the worst Liverpool team I have seen in 20 years . Their confidence is low, the manager is chopping and changing formation and players with no results to show, even the supposedly greatest fans in the world are on their backs. They are missing their best players and their replacements are not up to scratch.

Spurs on the other hand are playing amazing attacking football. We have just recorded 5 clean sheets in a row. Although the result on Saturday did not go our way we had 16 shots on target and 10 (ish) off target. We had more shots on target than Chelsea had and they scored 7, more shots on target than the game against Wigan when we scored 9. Our only real injury worry is Lennon who may yet make an appearance. We have options all over the field. Now is the time for Spurs to finally beat Liverpool away. I rarely go into a game against the top 4 feeling confident but I think we can do it tomorrow night.

Believe me I have watched a lot of Spurs over the last while, and I've seen a lot of Liverpool. I know we're doing well and they're not. We just don't perform away to the Sky 4. I realise this is our best chance to beat them, especially considering the form they're in, and I really hope I eat my words at 10pm tomorrow night, but I'm not particularly optimistic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think we will score. could be a score draw. 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mickman wrote: »
    i think we will score. could be a score draw. 1-1
    I also feel a draw is coming to be honest

I also feel a draw is coming to be honest
    A draw would be a great result and it would keep some distance between them and us. But I think they'll do us, 2-1 or 3-1 We always surrender meekly to the big teams away from home. . :mad: Hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

If you look at our last few away games we have a chance. We drew with Villa and Everton when we played them off the park. (Defoe also missed that last minute penalty). Beat Blackburn handily enough and drew with a good Fulham side. We are the form side if you take our 5 clean sheets into consideration also. If Liverpool come at us it will give our attacking players more space to break them down. ( hopefully we will not have to face a team playing for a draw).
    If Lennon is playing I think we will win 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Tom Huddlestone is a fresh injury doubt ahead of Wednesday's trip to Liverpool in the Barclays Premier League.
    The midfielder has struggled with a knee problem this week and is unlikely to be fit for the crucial clash at Anfield.
    Ledley King has returned to training having sat out Saturday's visit of Hull City, but the defender faces a late fitness test ahead of Liverpool.
    However, Jamie O'Hara, back from his loan spell at Portsmouth, is available for selection against Rafa Benitez's side.
    Alan Hutton, Aaron Lennon (both groin), Benoit Assou-Ekotto (hip), Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Carlo Cudicini (wrist/pelvis) remain sidelined.

i personally was hoping that jenas would start anyway.

if we are up 1-0 with 20 mins left, bring on o hara to tighten things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I'd take a point now ever before a ball was kicked.

• Advertisement

I saw this from an ultra-pessimistic poster on another forum. All of these 'records' will be beaten if we win against them tomorrow night;

Doing a double of Liverpool
    Liverpool losing back-to-back games at home
    Spurs beating a Sky 4 team away in the EPL
    Bale winning a game for Spurs while starting for the first time in 22 games

It's hard to believe that Spurs have never won an EPL match that Bale has started in, Hull being the latest example. Hopefully tomorrow night the jinx will be broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Oppiguy see below from club website - might be worth a try

UPDATE, JANUARY 18
    Liverpool away, Wednesday January 20 - LATE AVAILABILITY
    A limited number of returned tickets are available for our Barclays Premier League match at Anfield on Wednesday, kick-off 8pm.
    Tickets are priced £38 adults, £19 U16s, £28.50 O65s and can be purchased in person at the Paxton Road Ticket Office or over the phone by calling 0844-844-0102 (option 2).
    All tickets purchased over the phone will be subject to a £4.90 special delivery charge to ensure next-day delivery.

Not being able to get down to the paxton to pick up tickets, would i be able to pick em up at the ticket office in anfield???. or they may even be on general sale up there

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Not being able to get down to the paxton to pick up tickets, would i be able to pick em up at the ticket office in anfield???. or they may even be on general sale up there

I'd say ring the ticket office and ask, not sure if they can be collected in Anfield though.

Next day delivery within the uk...cant get throught to the liverpool ticket office but im sure if we dont fill the allocation i should be able to get one off them

Next day delivery within the uk...cant get throught to the liverpool ticket office but im sure if we dont fill the allocation i should be able to get one off them

You should be able to buy one off Spurs.
    Then collect a duplicate from Liverpool TO brfore the game.
    Done it before myself.

Guy in the ticket office didnt think it was possible..im sure the ticket office in liverpool will sort me if its not sold out otherwise ill keep rather quiet in with some reds

Flight cancelled again.
    Was gonna fly to leeds, but just got thrown on an early morning flight to manch. Better not get beaten after all this hassle.

Flight cancelled again.
    Was gonna fly to leeds, but just got thrown on an early morning flight to manch. Better not get beaten after all this hassle.

Oh my God, not again. I was thinking that you might be effected by the ATC strike but hoped that you were traveling today.

Unbelievable :mad:

• Advertisement

its impossible to leave this union driven pathetic country of ours nowadays. its very sad in fairness, we may as well be communist, at least then we would have proper public services

anyway today is the day. everyone saying spurs are favourites etc but at the end of the day, the pool are always favourites at anfield in my opinion. they are strong there, even this year. if they win 2nite they are only 1 point behind us (even though they have been in the paper every day this season about their worst season ever, and crisis after crisis etc)

we need width 2nite, niko will have to run at carraghar and whip balls in to crouch.

Advertisement