Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool v Tottenham Wed 20 Jan (Rearranged)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Only a few hours until kick off now. Really looking frorward to this one. It will give us an indication of how far we have come or how far we have to go to reach the top 4. If we play as well as our recent performances I think we will do it. With the amount of chances we create and hopefully Reina cannot play as well as Myhill did on Saturday i think we will score tonight.
    2-0 Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

optimistic :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

mickman wrote: »
    optimistic :-)

Very much so. They are there for the taking.

I would love to be able to come into work tomorrow smiling after a Spurs victory at Anfield. But I have been a Spurs fan a long time now and I know when we start to actually believe we may be a top 4 team then we tend to self destruct. You have to live with hope though.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Very much so. They are there for the taking.

I would love to be able to come into work tomorrow smiling after a Spurs victory at Anfield. But I have been a Spurs fan a long time now and I know when we start to actually believe we may be a top 4 team then we tend to self destruct. You have to live with hope though.

......not tonight, please.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm already nervous about this one, haven't been able to think about much else today. Hitting the driving range at 8 so will Sky + the match and watch it when the missus has gone to bed. Will switch off the phone to ensure no disruptions!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Great start :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this has to be one of the worst games of football i have ever seen. niko is an embarrasment 2nite, giving it away, not tracking back, fouling, he is terrible. bring on rose instead of him i say and move luca back to the left.

bale and king our best players. we are bad but the pool are worse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Poor first half from Spurs,Liverpool giving us no time on the ball.hears hoping for a better 2nd half..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Awful first half performance. Improved in the second, but the age old story of us not wanting it as much as the other team in their place. Liverpool closed us down more, fought harder, and while I don't feel there is much between the teams, nothing worked tonight. Nikko was rubbish, the worst I've seen him play all season. Modric was practically anonymous. Defoe was almost always offside - again! There was hardly any link up between midfield and the front two.

Sure were were unlucky with the offside decision, and we should've had a penalty with Crouch, but at the end of the day Liverpool were better than us.

Shame. We just don't have what it takes at the moment.

Spurs team were all over the place tonight,most of the players didn't know what they were doing tbh.Wilson,luka,Jenas,Krancjar,Defoe,Corluka,all played awful.Not good enough for 4th simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ohdatlewis

Put Your Hands Up For Dirk Kuyt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Piss poor but I wasn't expecting any better. Let's stop all talk about Top 4. We're looking at 7th at best.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ohdatlewis wrote: »
    Put Your Hands Up For Dirk Kuyt!!!

Pool for the league title!:D

Same old story with us lads , all these false dawns , shockin performance by us.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

just didnt have the bottle to fight for the win. palacios cant win these types of games on his own. not enough from kranjcar or modric jenas not good enough again (he never is).
    very dissapointing:(

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

ruiseal wrote: »
    ......not tonight, please.......

....knew it.....worst game I've watched in a while!

curraghyid wrote: »
    just didnt have the bottle to fight for the win.You need plenty of bottle for big games like tonight,we don't have it,Pool had loads of it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We are sh*t, lets just accept it now and avoid heartbreak in May :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Out fought in every department, we really looked clueless out there. Before this game i couldnt see us finish fourth and this just re affirms it for me. Too many average players. For me the everton game was a defining moment cos it showed how far we have yet to go. I know people will come on here and say were still in fourth etc etc, but how anyone can see champions league in this side is beyond me. We have failed every big test this season.
    Hope we can pick it up for leeds on saturday.
    Still another two seasons away from champions league for me.

Harry will never learn. All these negative, long-ball teams (Stoke, Hull, Wolves and Liverpool etc) know how to nullify us. It'll be the same against Fulham next week. I'm guessing 0-0 or 0-1. :rolleyes:

Leeds will try to play football tomorrow so we should beat them.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Well got tickets for the away end, only to be let down by the performance. Harry has no tactical nous, the game was crying out for a Da Santos. A bit of tricky on the wing and someone to beat a man, but we bring on Hutton. Modric should have been deployed in centre midfield to add some creativity.

I still think we can finish fourth but playing like that we'd get embarrassed playing champs league football net year

• Advertisement

oppiuy wrote: »
    Well got tickets for the away end, only to be let down by the performance. Harry has no tactical nous, the game was crying out for a Da Santos. A bit of tricky on the wing and someone to beat a man, but we bring on Hutton. Modric should have been deployed in centre midfield to add some creativity.

I still think we can finish fourth but playing like that we'd get embarrassed playing champs league football net year
    I think 4th is slipping away. Liverpool are just a point behind and could go on a decent run and Villa and Man City are looking strong. So we could be looking at 7th or 8th (if Birmingham continue their good form). Hopefully a decent cup run though.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I think it also time to unleash the pav, im no fan of crouch and we are far to predictable with him in the side..

I don't think pav is arsed to tell the truth,he is more interested in getting out of Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tippspur wrote: »
    I don't think pav is arsed to tell the truth,he is more interested in getting out of Spurs.

Do you blame him, he has been treated like a 2nd class citizen by Harry.

Advertisement