Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Interfit EX150 Mark II - Help/Advice needed

• 12-01-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I just opened up my brand new Interfit EX150 Mark II Lighting this morning.
    Its my first time using home studio equipment so I was really looking forward to it.

After about ten test shots I was fairly pleased, everything was working well. I used the sync cable and tried triggering it with my off camera flash. Everything was then switched off and put down.

Just a half hour ago I tried to take my first “real” shots. Using my son as the subject I took a test shot, just to get a light reading. Then the trouble started. One of the light heads isn’t recharging. The red light at the back comes on, but nothing happens. It only charges if you switch it off and then back on again. And even then the green light comes on, then blinks off again after a few seconds – the flash still triggers, but it doesn’t seem right.

Had this happened straight away this morning I would have assumed a faulty head. But after 15 odd shots?

Has this happened to anyone before?
    Whats the best thing to do?
    Should I mail Jessops straight away and look for a new light head?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Contact Jessops and explain situation to them. They might just arrange a straight swap.
    I got mine from warehouseexpress.com just before xmas and it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I have this kit and no probs. I'd say you have a faulty unit so just look fir an exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

After posting the OP I left everything down for a few hours and then tried again.
    Would you believe that all worked fine? Both heads were instantly recharging.
    So I left them alone until just before going to bed and all was well.

I’m going to try a few more test shots later, then retry with my sons. Just to see what happens.

Have to say its taken the shine off my new toy…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

K_user wrote: »
    Have to say its taken the shine off my new toy…

You don't need Shine ..... just a Flash :D

This sounds like an annoying intermitent fault. It could be, and probably is, something simple like poor switch contact. The trouble is it may be fine for a while but Mr Murphy says it will fail permanently about two weeks after the guarantee has expired. It may be best to err on the side of caution & get it replaced.

Advertisement