Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 12-01-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Basically my broadband connection is paid montly on the 13th. (tomorrow)

I want to terminate this agreement immediately as i have procured another more reliable bradband setup. My question is, if i rang / e-mailed / sent a registered letter from today should i have to pay next months bill or do i have to give them some sort of notice?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It will be outlined in the T&Cs you signed when accepting the service. If you're outside contract, then one month's notice sounds reasonable. If you're still in contract, then you may have to pay for the balance of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

dudara wrote: »
    It will be outlined in the T&Cs you signed when accepting the service. If you're outside contract, then one month's notice sounds reasonable. If you're still in contract, then you may have to pay for the balance of the contract.

Yes, i have definately served my contract. So you are saying i will have to pay for next months service? Seems reasonable alright but was hoping i wouldn't have to if i informed them before tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Most broadband companies have 1 month notice and since you give notice today you're due to pay up to the 12th of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Degag wrote: »
    Yes, i have definately served my contract.
    Good, this means that you don't have to pay off the contract balance.
    Degag wrote:
    So you are saying i will have to pay for next months service? Seems reasonable alright but was hoping i wouldn't have to if i informed them before tomorrow.

I only used one month as an example. The cancellation period will be outlined in the T&Cs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its likely 30 days notice but as you haven;t mentioned the ISP we can't really say, you'd have to check the T&C's

• Advertisement
Advertisement