Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for indicator relay and someone handy with a soldering iron.

• 12-01-2010 5:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 265 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well it seems the indicator relay has gone in my '03 Hyundai Coupe. The entire right hand side indicators are stuck on permanently, even with no key in the ignition and will until turn off until I pull the fuse, so it's understandably dangerous for me to drive it (especially as no one in this country seems to understand hand signals).

Apparently this is a common enough problem with the coupes but one that Hyundai themselves won't acknowledge. That's the bad news, now for the really bad news, the relay is attached to the car's BCM meaning that to replace it properly I would need to replace the whole BCM, something Hyundai are very happy to do, for a mere €700 or so euro which is not something I can afford. Now for the better news, there is a workaround to this that involves desoldering the old relay and soldering a new one in its place. The relay in question is this one, but I don't have a credit card so I can't order online.

So the questions are:

1. Does anyone now where I might be able to get hold of one of these within Ireland.

2. Does anyone now where I could go to get the soldering job done in South Dublin. People on other forums have suggested a TV or Radio repair shop but I wasn't even aware there was any of these left at this stage.

Thanks for you help,

Beta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You could try Hamiltons just off Capel St, they're an old-school auto electricians. I've used them before, i've always found them good and cheapish. Ph: 01-4755157

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

betafrog wrote: »
    Sounds good, would they be able to get the relay in as well do you think?
    Hang on till I check my crystal ball.;)

Advertisement