Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys ( Boards.ie / Irish guild ) on Shattered Hand - Horde

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭hk797

Nehaxak wrote: »
    For those of you thinking about transferring over and the cost etc., You don't really have too, or don't feel the need you have too. Remember there are still a lot of people levelling up (myself inc on the Druid) and there will be plenty of time to gear up a new toon once you hit 80.
    I know it's an arse to level up another character again from scratch but you might enjoy it a lot this time playing with others from Ireland.

The whole game to buy now is fairly cheap also so keep that in mind with regards Refer a Friend, would probably be cheaper than transferring one of your characters over if a few of you referred each other and levelled together. Just a thought anyway.

Nice one. Forgot all about RAF. I play on a US server so no hope of transferring a leveled toon over anytime soon. Picked up the battlechest for e13 on Play.com so will be up for a RAF partner when it arrives. Free to play anytime after 8pm Mon-Thurs. Anyone up for some RAF powerleveling send me a pm. What classes are needed most? Happy to play any class but a rogue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Having a look around the server at the moment, very very tempted to come back to wow :o
    Might join up on an alt and see how it is then maybe transfer over my holy priest if I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RopeDrink wrote: »
    PvP Server! Delicious...
    Mmmmm... Makes me want to consider a secondary ShadowPriest, then!

I've 20million Heirloom items on Khadgar, though, considering I've so many characters and it'll be hard to get the drive/will to level from scratch. I'd much rather transfer... Just too lazy to bother :confused:

Bleehhh.

I'm the exact same

I've a 70 priest and 80 dk on the maelstrom, no intention of levelling again (currently levelling a mage)

So I'm going to throw the death knight over to your server tonight, is there many DK's in guild? I've no intention of really tanking, just wna dps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Hmmm tempting, myself and the mrs had just got to 80 when the guild we were in faded to nothing. Although I think the PvP server could cause the Mrs some trouble.

Might just roll a toon and say hello for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I am interested in this, but havn't played WoW in a few months. I have an undead lvl80 mage. Which I started on a PVP server and moved to a PVE server, but AFAIK I can't transfer from PVE to PVP or is that changed now?

I might also have another friend who alos has an 80 mage who might be interested.

We are both more PVE oriantated, but we did have good fun in some BG's over the year's, so I don't mind doing both, but prefer raiding, with the right group ofcourse ;)

And that streaming vid thing is cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

kayos wrote: »
    Hmmm tempting, myself and the mrs had just got to 80 when the guild we were in faded to nothing. Although I think the PvP server could cause the Mrs some trouble.

well if you are x-fer'ing your gonna spend most of your time in dalaran ect so getting ganked wont be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

hk797 wrote: »
    Nice one. Forgot all about RAF. I play on a US server so no hope of transferring a leveled toon over anytime soon. Picked up the battlechest for e13 on Play.com so will be up for a RAF partner when it arrives. Free to play anytime after 8pm Mon-Thurs. Anyone up for some RAF powerleveling send me a pm. What classes are needed most? Happy to play any class but a rogue :)

Hi Mate,

We are in need some some DPS and Healers, We have Tanks sorted.

We could use some Hunters/Rogues/warlock Resto Druids/Shamans.

We have two Mages, But one more would be welcome,

Check the guild out yourself and pick

Boardsie Boys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Levelling my Warlock was probably the most fun levelling experience i've had. Cool pets, cool mounts, cool spells. Would almost consider rolling a new one, but ill stick with the Mage for now.

Good to see even more people are interested in the re-roll.

no way i could lvl from scratch again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Streaming is only showing me mostly levelling up mining/herbing at the moment :)
    Apologies about the quality at times, have fantastic download speeds on the broadband but UPC only give 1mb upload speeds so I'm lucky to get away with broadcasting in low quality :(
    It's a nice addition though, don't mind doing it. Took a while to sort out the lag in game while streaming, just have to set the affinity between wow and the streaming server correct and it's been fine since.

I also can't chat while streaming in game, I have to alt-tab out. I can see the chat though in game, little window pops up the top right in wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

settings wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I quit wow about 1 year ago but have been messing around with a trial account lately (very stupid of me:p). Half thinking of reactivating my account - i got a 70 hunter and druid. If I did activate I would love to transfer over to boardsie boys.
    Many here do Pvp? bg/arenas? got 120k kills between the two - quite partial to killing the pink skins

We're going to have some pvp nights each week aye. I think at the moment it's going to be one day for city raids / world pvp and one day for bg premades. Nothing stopping people from making a few arena teams too.
    kayos wrote: »

If she's already 80 it doesn't really matter about the PvP since cities are mostly safe and you can get summoned to instances and auto enter battlegrounds.

Hopefully the two of you will join us. :)

Just a reminder to everyone, most people in the guild can invite so if you're looking to join just give someone a whisper if Mujumbu, Uttik or Kiith aren't on.
    bubonicus wrote: »
    I am interested in this, but havn't played WoW in a few months. I have an undead lvl80 mage. Which I started on a PVP server and moved to a PVE server, but AFAIK I can't transfer from PVE to PVP or is that changed now?

I might also have another friend who alos has an 80 mage who might be interested.

We are both more PVE oriantated, but we did have good fun in some BG's over the year's, so I don't mind doing both, but prefer raiding, with the right group ofcourse ;)

And that streaming vid thing is cool.

Yep you can transfer from PvE to PvP if you want now. It was changed a little while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

So ive decided to transfer my char (Only one atm :D) What you think you'll be in need of most. Have a shaman (Ele main/ just as good resto gear), warlock and rogue, all have good gear(Not that it really matters these days :D

Let me know and i'll transfer as soon as i get my laptop up and running again (Few days).

Also whats the server like in general ? what sort of exp do you guys have when it comes to leading guilds etc ?

Magill wrote: »
    So ive decided to transfer my char (Only one atm :D) What you think you'll be in need of most. Have a shaman (Ele main/ just as good resto gear), warlock and rogue, all have good gear(Not that it really matters these days :D

Let me know and i'll transfer as soon as i get my laptop up and running again (Few days).

Also whats the server like in general ? what sort of exp do you guys have when it comes to leading guilds etc ?

The server is pretty good, AH prices can be steep at times, Gems are fairly cheep , THERE IS ALOT of swedish people here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just transfer over whichever character you enjoy the most. Dont worry about places just yet, as most of us are still levelling.
    TechnoPool wrote: »
    THERE IS ALOT of swedish people here.
    Swe????? :pac:

no u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Right, anyone fancy taking 50 notes off me to transfer my huntard across?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Anti wrote: »
    Right, anyone fancy taking 50 notes off me to transfer my huntard across?

22 euros for the transfer? wow thats alot of gold with the change:)

transfer, and race change :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

oh what race you going as? must be orc hunter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Got Cankerour to 10 last night, voidwalker quests tonight, still undecided about schlepping the Shaman over from Terokkar.

• Advertisement

if you somehow get the 50e to me i can do it.

settings wrote: »
    oh what race you going as? must be orc hunter ;)

I was thinking troll for the increased attack power racial, whats the orc one?
    if you somehow get the 50e to me i can do it.

Sounds good, how are you fixed for me posting the money to you?

I was thinking troll for the increased attack power racial, whats the orc one?

Sounds good, how are you fixed for me posting the money to you?

Orc is the Increased AP racial and also your pet does 5% more dmg, Troll is Attk Speed increase.

Ye can do if you want. Or if your northside i can meet ya.

Troll Hunter is the ONLY way to go, They are the best PVE Hunters in the game from both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

322 attack power for 15 secs
    +
    pets dmg increased by 5%.
    +
    hardness

Pretty sure orcs are the best race ingame for hunters, they look the best anyway.

Not sure actually trolls are great also, the increase in dps is minimal however, so i'd just go with whatever looks the best !

Orc is the Increased AP racial and also your pet does 5% more dmg, Troll is Attk Speed increase.

Ye can do if you want. Or if your northside i can meet ya.

Orc it is then i think. And yeah im on the NS, based out in blanch close to the center.

Orc it is then i think. And yeah im on the NS, based out in blanch close to the center.

im in artane/coolock ****ed if im driving ta blanch:D

PM me and you can mail me it.

Aye mailing it to you is no probs, send me your address and ill pop it in the post.

Magill wrote: »
    322 attack power for 15 secs
    +
    pets dmg increased by 5%.
    +
    hardness

Pretty sure orcs are the best race ingame for hunters, they look the best anyway.

Not sure actually trolls are great also, the increase in dps is minimal however, so i'd just go with whatever looks the best !

Ok you want to get in to this, Fine.

As i am sure you know(even tho its clear you dont) At end game raiding its VERY VERY rare your going to keep your pet alive for more then 15% of a boss fight.

And if you focus to much on keeping him alive its taking away from your own DPS rotation.

Yes on paper orcs are better. But having played a hunter for 3 year. A Orc hunter in fact.

I can tell you first hand that trolls give more DPS over the length of a boss fight.

AP you can replace with buffs/trinkets. So that replaces the AP buff you get

The 5% dmg via pet is useless as stated above.

Hardness is great for PVP.

Now troll on the other hand

Berserking - instant - 3 min cooldown minisubheader-end.gif Increases your attack speed by 10% to 30%. At full health the speed increase is 10% with a greater effect up to 30% if you are badly hurt when you activate Berserking. Lasts 10 sec.

Back in the day, if you made a macro to start this long side your TBW/Rapid Fire/Berserking + Your DPS trinket. you owned everything! You could do that every 3 mins, So in most cases two times per boss fight.

Regeneration - passive minisubheader-end.gif Health regeneration increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.

Comes in handy

Beast Slaying - passive minisubheader-end.gif Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%.

Speaks for its self

Bow Specialization - passive minisubheader-end.gif Your chance to critically hit with Bows is increased by 1%.

Also handy

Da Voodoo Shuffle - passive minisubheader-end.gif Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

again nice!

And you get a fecking Raptor :P, I know you can get the PVP one. But still.

At end game raiding Trolls make better PVE hunters!

I can go in to alot of the Class mechanics. But whats the point.

Enjoy!

Go troll :D

• Advertisement

lol ok, still anything is a improvement of my nelfs imba shadowmeld.. Comes in so handy.

Advertisement