Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys ( Boards.ie / Irish guild ) on Shattered Hand - Horde

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Blazher wrote: »
    Ok you want to get in to this, Fine.

As i am sure you know(even tho its clear you dont) At end game raiding its VERY VERY rare your going to keep your pet alive for more then 15% of a boss fight.

And if you focus to much on keeping him alive its taking away from your own DPS rotation.

Yes on paper orcs are better. But having planned a hunter for 3 year. A Orc hunter in fact.

I can tell you first hand that trolls give more DPS over the length of a boss fight.

AP you can replace with buffs/trinkets. So that replaces the AP buff you get

The 5% dmg via pet is useless as stated above.

Hardness is great for PVP.

Now troll on the other hand

Berserking - instant - 3 min cooldown minisubheader-end.gif Increases your attack speed by 10% to 30%. At full health the speed increase is 10% with a greater effect up to 30% if you are badly hurt when you activate Berserking. Lasts 10 sec.

Back in the day, if you made a macro to start this long side your TBW/Rapid Fire/Berserking + Your DPS trinket. you owned everything! You could do that every 3 mins, So in most cases two times per boss fight.

Regeneration - passive minisubheader-end.gif Health regeneration increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.

Comes in handy

Beast Slaying - passive minisubheader-end.gif Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%.

Speaks for its self

Bow Specialization - passive minisubheader-end.gif Your chance to critically hit with Bows is increased by 1%.

Also handy

Da Voodoo Shuffle - passive minisubheader-end.gif Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

again nice!

And you get a fecking Raptor :P, I know you can get the PVP one. But still.

At end game raiding Trolls make better PVE hunters!

I can go in to alot of the Class mechanics. But whats the point.

Enjoy!

Go troll :D

LOL, dont freak out or anything m8 :D. Like i said, i wasnt sure (I havent played a hunter since 70). At 70, orcs were far and away the best hunter race.

You sure you know what your talking about when it comes to bloodfury ?

I know it used to stack with trinkets, its a use effect like you get with some trinkets, unless they changed that recently ? And im pretty sure its still better than the trolls beserk because hunters dont really get the same benifit from haste as say..... a caster or rogue, the scaling on bloodfury is pretty poor tho, but they'll probably change it when cata comes.

Also, you must not be very good if you have trouble keeping your pet alive (Got taunt off ?). On some fights where theres alot of raid dmg... yeah maybe but didnt blizzard fix the pet dying issue like... ages ago ? And if they ever buff BM up to scratch again, that 5% will be pretty nice.

The passive dmg vs beasts is awesome, or should i say... was ? Since icc and nearly every raid instances besides toc have non-beast bosses.

Either way, like i said i would go for looks over something so small (Theres probably less than a 1% difference between them). I prefer orc looks, trolls are skinny looking dying creatures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Anti wrote: »
    lol ok, still anything is a improvement of my nelfs imba shadowmeld.. Comes in so handy.

True that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Anti wrote: »
    lol ok, still anything is a improvement of my nelfs imba shadowmeld.. Comes in so handy.

WTB SHADOWMELD !!!! its actually awesome.

Sorry Mate,

Don't miss understanding me, I was not having a go or freaking out as you put it. I was just stating the facts that i had.

:D

At the end of the day, it comes down to, What you want and what you like.

I haven't done ICC yet. I am only back playing after i quit(well i thought i quit)

But in any case, It is my understanding that BM is not the be all of raiding specs like it used to be.

What ever you do. DONT GO COW!

Now get back on Topic! :D

PS :: Trolls with bows look imba :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'll have a look later and might join you guys if you are still lookin for members - I've no problem building up an Alt so just let me know what you guys need most....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Yes on paper orcs are better.

Yes..
    its VERY VERY rare your going to keep your pet alive for more then 15% of a boss fight.
    Back in the day, if you made a macro to start this long side your TBW/Rapid Fire/Berserking + Your DPS trinket. you owned everything! You could do that every 3 mins, So in most cases two times per boss fight.

Dont go BM if you can't keep your pet alive ;)
    seriously your pet shouldn't die much. 5% is alot esp with scaling.

Orcs got trinkets too. If trolls can add AP then orcs can add even more.
    I can't imagine getting too many +30% beserking during a raid - you are not gonna be walking around with low hp.
    Also blood fury ties in really well with rapid fire, esp with improved rapid fire - with beserking gcd will probably interfere too much.

Trolls are still great hunters but imo orcs better for pvp and pve.

Although I did make a troll myself:p (for a change)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

You should always and I mean always pick your race based on the /joke /flirt etc. Everything else is second place....

Mooo, you happy now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I think im gonna go and check EJ to see which has the proven beter end game dps. And as for keeping a pet alive, i do TotC and Icc and my pet never dies, its not hard to keep them alive since the whole aoe nerf patch.

I got a troll hunter 'Settings' on the server too, lvl 13 right now - if ye are dishing out the invites

argh, sorry I forgot im using a trial account right now and couldn't join. thanks for the inv will get back to ya when I get the proper game:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

settings wrote: »
    I got a troll hunter 'Settings' on the server too, lvl 13 right now - if ye are dishing out the invites

Will do. ;)
    NIBBS wrote: »
    I'll have a look later and might join you guys if you are still lookin for members - I've no problem building up an Alt so just let me know what you guys need most....

We're pretty all rounded at the moment so roll whatever you want. We'll take any classes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Got a low level shaman in the guild but dont think ive the energy to level another char especially not without heirlooms so if this takes off would transfer my lock over just a pity locks cant be trolls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Got a low level shaman in the guild but dont think ive the energy to level another char especially not without heirlooms so if this takes off would transfer my lock over just a pity locks cant be trolls :(

anno what you mean, luckily i had a 70 here so SLOWLY lvling that atm. Plus im in a Swedish guild aswell on here with some lads from my old server.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Right, bullet bitten, faction change in progress...

A good friend of mine just let me borrow his CC so iive gone ahead and done the char transfer, as soon as i get there ill do the faction change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm struggling with the levelling tbh, so i might just wait till i can afford to transfer over one of my lvl80's. Its just tough to go through the levelling process again. We'll see.

And im there. Havent a clue where to go since ive done a faction change, gonna take time to learn this.

if you need some money give me a shout and ill hook you up.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Well RopeDrink is level 11 (I think) and would be very grateful of any/all linen donations for her Ench/Tailoring Combo (Never levelled Tailoring before so I figured I may as well, should be handy later) or any Ench Mats / ANYTHING for that matter which people may stumble across.

Starting with zero cash, zero bagspace and zero materials is going to annoy me to NO end but oh well.

Hi mate, There is lots of cloth in the guild bank, and low lvl ench mats, take what you need.

I have enching also. So il pass down what ever matts i dont need. :D

take it easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭briambi

welcome aboard guys

• Advertisement

Haven't finished the FC, so I can't transfer over yet.
    I'm guessing that for shaman of the Ele/Resto variety Troll>Orc>>>>Tauren (funny cow names aside)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I might wait til i get my priest to 80 to do a faction / server change, gonna be easier levelling Alliance which I know.

agh can't log in server is locked with the queue getting longer and longer (since I am still a trial).
    Hunter is a couple of bars from lvl 20 now. Just doing the odd wsg while im waiting on the wknd when I activate my account-20 is the limit on trial acc. also the following is pretty annoying: not being able to buy/sell from AH, cant /w anyone, can't join boardsie boys, cant skin anything over 100 to make some gear, can't mail a drop to my other char, having to kill 100+ tumors to get 5x earthroot for a druid quest:D etc etc. You'd swear they dont want people to buy the game with them trial restrictions...:rolleyes:
    Cant believe they put a timer on wsg! was having a deadly one earlier, was 2-2 against a load of twinks and we just got a 19 druid who was making some great runs - very close game. then it just ended out of nowhere - we did get the win though;)

You know what, in the year and a bit I've been playing I've never done a WSG...
    Maybe some guildies can show me the ropes!

Faction change completed, so moving the Orc to Shattered hand now...

move urself over ;)

Transferring my warlock right now.

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Transferring my warlock right now.

About time :D

bloody slow goin, lol,

Haha yeh, better late than never I always say.

Anway, we're up to 43 members now, things are looking great!

• Advertisement

Spent most of last night tweaking macros (goodbye Gift of the Naaru, hello Blood Fury!) and finding my way around Ogrimmar again. Forgot to rescan the AH before posting all the loot I'd brought with me from the old server, and while it all sold, it was way under-priced!

Advertisement