Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Boys ( Boards.ie / Irish guild ) on Shattered Hand - Horde

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Uttik wrote: »
    Hi lads.

I was just updating the guild information tab in the guild profile but ran out of space.

Could the guild get a sub forum by any chance :D

Guild info has the wrong port on it for vent -- its default port (3784)

Is that vent server up all the time?

Just convinced a mate to start playing again - he is going to start a new char today / tommorow. Might even get him to start a new account for the inv a friend bonus....

How many individual members do we have with 80 chars now? Will we be able to start 25mans soon? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Uttik

Shougeki wrote: »
    How many individual members do we have with 80 chars now? Will we be able to start 25mans soon? :D

Hi Mate,

The plan is to start raiding 25m soon as we are ready, But first we need to raid 10m So we can get a better understand of each others skill lvl. To put it bluntly. I want to make sure we have no slackers/Retards and the like.

As i said in guild chat, People who think they can Xfer over in a few weeks when we are clearing ICC and think they are getting a raiding slot, Will get one hell of a wake up call.

Raiding slots will be going to the members who work, Week in and week out on progression.

Everyone is most welcome to join, I think i made that clear. But lately i have been getting alot of "/tells" ingame saying they will xfer over once we get to ICC. So i just wanted to make it clear.

As for vent, Its up anytime people need it.

If there is any more questions, Please fire away, get me here or ingame.

Take it easy

Uttik!

Little set back,

Just logged in to find i have been hacked! everything is gone. They even sold all my bags.

This just after i got my last bit of gear for raiding tomorrow .....

• Advertisement

Ouch. Happened to a mate and he got his gear back in 24hrs....

Either way, initiated my character transfer a few mins ago. see you there shortly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Uttik wrote: »
    Little set back,

Just logged in to find i have been hacked! everything is gone. They even sold all my bags.

This just after i got my last bit of gear for raiding tomorrow .....

That happened me and took 5 days for them to get all my gear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'm considering transferring over a character, what do you guys need most? I've a level 80 DK tank and rogue but not sure I want to play either of those as my main anymore. I was thinking either my mage or druid, both of whom are mid-70 atm so could get to 80 for the weekend. With the druid I don't mind going resto, feral tank or moonkin dps. What would fit in best?

Also, what days/times are you planning on raiding?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The 1st ToC raid is tonight, and we would generally schedule raids for around 8pm (if the calendar is anything to go by). As for what we need, we've plenty of tanks and healers i think. No rogues at the moment. Tbh, just transfer over whichever you would enjoy most. The server is fairly active, so finding parties is very easy.

Kiith wrote: »
    No rogues at the moment.

Why are you basing this information on UNTRUTHS and LIES!!!! :p

I transfered my rogue sucessfully yesterday from Vek

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    The 1st ToC raid is tonight, and we would generally schedule raids for around 8pm (if the calendar is anything to go by). As for what we need, we've plenty of tanks and healers i think. No rogues at the moment. Tbh, just transfer over whichever you would enjoy most. The server is fairly active, so finding parties is very easy.

Cheers, think I'll tranfer over my druid and decide later on a mainspec - moonkin could be fun as I've never raided as a moonkin - actually now that I think of it I haven't raided as caster dps since vanilla so definitely due a spin :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭briambi

Wreck wrote: »
    Cheers, think I'll tranfer over my druid and decide later on a mainspec - moonkin could be fun as I've never raided as a moonkin - actually now that I think of it I haven't raided as caster dps since vanilla so definitely due a spin :).
    come join the club!! ;)

Why are you basing this information on UNTRUTHS and LIES!!!! :p

I transfered my rogue sucessfully yesterday from Vek
    Oops. my bad :o

's ok. I stealthed in while you werent looking....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭briambi

's ok. I stealthed in while you werent looking....
    who are u in game?

Me?

Shougeki (transfer from Vek)
    Dessembrae (new shaman started0
    Kilmandaros (new warlock i started last night but didnt even get to play)

Probably transfer my resto/boomkin druid over as well soon, but dont really raid with him. Just play him for fun in short things, but he is about 4.9K GS in resto gear, so can be used if needed.

Im gonna throw the details up in the Character Info in game when ever i get out of the office today.

Shougeki (transfer from Vek)
    Dessembrae (new shaman started0
    Kilmandaros (new warlock i started last night but didnt even get to play)
    Someone's been reading their Steven Erikson books :P

Not in a while, but always good resource to pull names from. My Druid is called Karos :p

Ya, i have Aimless, Antsy, Quickben, Shadowthrone, Serrat, Korlat and Anomander on various realms. Great place when you cant think of one for yourself.

Have a Karsa and a Quickben myself :)

• Advertisement

So, did the ToC raid go ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

It did, but since uttik got hacked we were missing a tank. The replacement we had didn't show so we had to use a pala healer who's never tanked before. He did well, but had very little experience in tanking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Might be worthwhile listing out the players set down for main roles and backup roles, to see where we might be missing backup and with that, those that are dependable to turn up on time and prepared well in advance.

Can see we need another Tank with DPS offspec in the guild for sure and could well do with a well geared feral Druid for that spot.

What I'd say though is that don't get too disheartened at all, the guild was setup with rerollers in mind at the start and people are still levelling up and will have to be geared also. We could only start raids now because people transferred over some of their level 80 characters but we don't have the full compliment yet of available classes and players and not everyone it seems is fully sure of everyone elses availability for the raids (and why we do need backup for certain absolutely need roles, like tanking).

Is there any chance we could get a sub forum setup for the guild or a closed invite only forum on Boards for this ? I'm sure there's something somewhere on boards about allowing private forums, not sure if you have to be a subscriber to request this though.

dont think a closed forum is the right call - that way people cant see what we are doing :P A sub-forum is probably best

I think it would be a good idea to make HC grinding groups. Either pick something quick (toc5/AN0 for quick badges (3 in this case) or just go to the randoms for the bonus two. Here is a link with them and guesstimate times:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Emblem_of_Triumph

About 160-180 badges for 4T9 for people. Even if the 4T bonus isnt the best it will gear people for totc very quickly. You could grind a lot of badges quickly (i did it with my dudu for resto, and am currently doing it for boomkin when i bother to log him).

It would have probably been a better idea last than continuing with the raid, but regardless i had fun :D [and thats why i migrated]

i know a lot of ppl dont like GearScore, but 4T9 and by that stage you should be able to buy cloak/trinket/belt with frost from ICC. thats going to put your GS at almost 5k or there abouts.

I personally think it is a better idea to quick gear ppl and then we can learn peoples ability / preferences. aint much point in trying to gauge someone when they try to do totc10 with about 3.5K GS. Makes it hard for the healers, in turn making it hard for everyone else. That being said, i dont mind trying :D

Well, its just bad luck i was hacked,

I am TANK/DPS. And it is still unclear why the backup tank let us down. He knew he was tanking.

Anyways. I dinged 80 last Sunday, I did 263 Heroics to get my gear. My gear score was up to just under 5k. So it can be done easy!

Most days we have a Heroic farming grp. Its a bit of a laugh.

some people, not all, Just need to take the little extra step and go learn the content, There are tones of websites like bosskillers.com that show you vids and give you strats to read.

Anyways, Hopefully i get my gear back soon, Once i do we will be back on track.

well done lastnight anyways, it was a laugh! And thats the important part :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I personally think it is a better idea to quick gear ppl and then we can learn peoples ability / preferences. aint much point in trying to gauge someone when they try to do totc10 with about 3.5K GS. Makes it hard for the healers, in turn making it hard for everyone else. That being said, i dont mind trying :D
    Definitely. I really wasn't expecting to be needed so jumping in last night with a char in crap gear, having not raided in about a year, without my UI set up and never having been there before was.....interesting to say the least.

Still, I'll be up for grinding a load of HC's over the next while, so if anyone needs dps/heals give me a shout.

Blowfish wrote: »
    Definitely. I really wasn't expecting to be needed so jumping in last night with a char in crap gear which hadn't been played in about a year, without my UI set up and never having been there before was.....interesting to say the least.

To be honest, last night diidnt go badly at all for people who didnt know the content.Better gear just makes it a bit easier.

Uttiks comment on 263 heroics is a little over the top imo. Saying 5 badges per HC (average) for 4T9 ring and trinket, say 235 badges. Thats ~47 HCs. 263 scares people off. :P And dont forget weeklys (like tonight :D)

Ill be around to help grind HCs if ppl need me. Its better if someone who needs the badges goes, but i can go if ya need me. Otherwise ill be lveling my shaman or warlock. all i use the badges for are heirlooms / gems anyways.

To be honest, last night diidnt go badly at all for people who didnt know the content.Better gear just makes it a bit easier.

Uttiks comment on 263 heroics is a little over the top imo. Saying 5 badges per HC (average) for 4T9 ring and trinket, say 235 badges. Thats ~47 HCs. 263 scares people off. :P And dont forget weeklys (like tonight :D)

Ill be around to help grind HCs if ppl need me. Its better if someone who needs the badges goes, but i can go if ya need me. Otherwise ill be lveling my shaman or warlock. all i use the badges for are heirlooms / gems anyways.

Mate, I think you got the wrong end of the stick lol,

I said i did 263 Heroics, Not that i want others to do that many lol, I was just stating that it is easy to get a GearScore of 4500 npz.

Even tho Gearscore means jack $%^£.

as everyone in the guild knows. I am there to help in anyway i can, As are alot of other members.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'm here for the ****en bitchez...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Very strange though to here only Irish accents on Vent, expecting someone to ask me if I'd like to extend my sky subscription or make a donation to some charity :D

Advertisement