Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My job may be in limbo...

Options
  • 12-01-2010 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Just got back from a meeting with my Floor Manager in which he told me that most of the staffing jobs in the Food Section are possibly in limbo. Apparently, there will be a new manager taking over in the next number of days and it's unclear as to who will or won't be keeping their jobs.
    The new bloke has called for a staff meeting on Thursday and I'm told that he's been chatting to the owner about possibly implimenting his own team of staff, incluing a new Head Chef.

This basically means that if it goes ahead, myself, my Floor Manager, the current chefs, waiting staff and bar-maids could all be without a job next week.

I'm not really cut up about the prospect of losing mine, though-at only 4 hours a week, I'm easily expendable. Still, i'm not very happy about this and as I've never been faced with the prospect of being let go due to staffing cuts, I really don't know what to expect from this situation.

Still, I'm not optimistic. Come Thursday, I'll know more but right now, the odds are against me that I'll be unemployed this time next week. Arse bandits. :(

Advertisement