Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

ye i think your right about the habit part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Is there anywhere in dublin that sells the e-liquid or athey all web shops? ,just ran out today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Quick google search and www.smokeless.ie
    They have some TW eliquids.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Is anyone else having problems with the checkout page on http://www.thebestshop.eu/ ?? Every time I get to the checkout page it empties my basket.

Seems like cookies related issue in your browser.
    Try FireFox or clean your browser cache.

• Advertisement

Yeah I did that and tried 2 different browsers. Oh well. I'll try again later. Thanx :)

I just found some solution for www.thebestshop.eu
    Hopefuly this will fix shopping cart problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Hi All,
    Been browsing this thread a few days now and i am getting info overload.
    There seems to be some great experiences from people who have got off them.
    I am going to give it another try to get off them, the last time i got close i tried Champix and did manage to stay off them for a few days.
    I was wondering if anyone had tried the E-Cig along with Champix and what results they found?
    I have been smoking for 25 years and really want to give them up (this is the first time i have ever really wanted). I'm on between 20 and 40 a day and maybe a bit more if i was on the beer, there seems to be a lot of different brands maybe some suited to different levels of smoking.
    I know personal taste comes into it alot but I would like recomendations on the best set up, I want to give this a good go and don't want to try something that will fail.
    Any help will be appreciated and all suggestions taken on board.
    Regards
    Theblueirish

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I was wondering if anyone had tried the E-Cig along with Champix and what results they found?

I can't speak to that one I'm afraid but I would assume that if it's ok to consume nicotine while on Champix then it should be safe. Than again isn't Champix dodgy enough on it's own what with possible depression etc.?
    I have been smoking for 25 years and really want to give them up (this is the first time i have ever really wanted). I'm on between 20 and 40 a day and maybe a bit more if i was on the beer, there seems to be a lot of different brands maybe some suited to different levels of smoking.
    I know personal taste comes into it alot but I would like recomendations on the best set up, I want to give this a good go and don't want to try something that will fail.

My recommendation would be the same for you irish. Get an Ego/Tornado/Riva with perhaps a 5ml bottle or two of some tobacco flavours (even some menthol maybe). Get them at 18mg (or high) strength for starters. The way to approach it imo is to get a kit, try it and see if you think it has enough promise from your point of view. If it does then you can concentrate on trying some flavours, buying stronger liquid (24mg +) or higher voltage battery setup if the throat hit isn't enough.

Just dive in. 50 quid or so is worth a punt to check it out and see if it might work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Vaping some Ultra High (38mg) OK Smokey liquids (Old Holburn and B&H) at the moment and loving them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

nesf wrote: »
    Vaping some Ultra High (38mg) OK Smokey liquids (Old Holburn and B&H) at the moment and loving them.

Blimey 38mg. Hope you are lying down when you do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mewso wrote: »
    Blimey 38mg. Hope you are lying down when you do that :)

Normally vape 32mg+ (and chain vape at that) so it's merely pleasant. :D

I don't know what it is, but I only get a kick off the higher strength liquids.

Like mewso said get an eGo or 510 with two batteries and PCC case. Get some basic flavours for start like Malboro, Camel, Dunhill, Hilton etc. Is really hard to say what flavour will be good for you. I tried over 50 flavours and i like maybe 5-7 of them. You can mix them as well.
    Now i'm on 24mg Fluecured Tobacco.
    I was smoking 30-50 a day for over 18 years. Only e-cig help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

thudd wrote: »
    Will report back soon!

Alright guys,

8 days into my vaping now, haven't touched a cigarette in that time and have had little to no cravings. Its crazy how so few people know about these e-cigs. The community itself is fairly big, but I mean, finding it in the first place is the problem.

EVERYONE needs to know about it. And if Mustard has its on forum on here, we definitely should have one for Vaping.

The Vapour Store lads were very quick with the delivery of my first order, then stocked up on some more menthol a few days later which also arrived the next day. (Menthol for the win Mewso, thanks!)

@theblueirish, just go for it. Its worth taking a chance on the e-cigs for the sake of 50 quid or whatever. You will be pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

thudd wrote: »
    Alright guys,

8 days into my vaping now, haven't touched a cigarette in that time and have had little to no cravings. Its crazy how so few people know about these e-cigs. The community itself is fairly big, but I mean, finding it in the first place is the problem.

EVERYONE needs to know about it. And if Mustard has its on forum on here, we definitely should have one for Vaping.

The Vapour Store lads were very quick with the delivery of my first order, then stocked up on some more menthol a few days later which also arrived the next day. (Menthol for the win Mewso, thanks!)

@theblueirish, just go for it. Its worth taking a chance on the e-cigs for the sake of 50 quid or whatever. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah it's class im 4 weeks vaping and have had no cravings.I have just ordered the Halo menthol liquid and vanilla flavor.I can't wait to try them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Just got a DSE 901 and some stuff from the vapourstore.ie there last Thursday. Been smoking 20+ a day for a good number of years and am quite impressed so far. Down to about 5 a day already and will probaby be off them totally by the end of the month (please god! :D) For anyone who is mulling over geting one Id say go for it, the amount of cigs I havent smoked is already nearly the price of the starter kit. While its not exactly the same as smoking(tastes more like dry ice) the sensation is close enough that you wont want to spark up and havent had any cravings since cutting down! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

just checked out the vapour store,this will be my third attempt at quitting,last time I nearly killed myself on champix,they should be banned!
    anyway Im an amberleaf smoker and thinking of kicking the smokes to touch,I looked at ordering the starter kit but couldnt see where I choose the flavours or do you have to order these seperately?

Yes, you have to get some eliquids and empty carts. Starter kits comes with few prefilled carts like Malboro, Tobacco or Menthol.

Look here:
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/e-liquid/cat_15.html
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/halo-premium-e-liquid/cat_57.html
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=6

and empty cartridges:
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/blank-cartridges/cat_51.html
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=32

Which kit you gonna get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

think the joye ego starter kit,will check out them links Opit,thanks
    I never heard of e cigarettes,the seem like a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

...this will be my third attempt at quitting,last time I nearly killed myself on champix,they should be banned!...

That stuff is crazy, heard more bad than good. Anyways let me know what juce you got and what you think. I got 15ml of Marlbro med' strength, its alright I guess but would like to hear what other people would reccomend for a n00b like me.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know any good sites (preferably Irish or English) that sell VG liquids? I was getting VG RY4 from Liberty Flights but they've been out of stock for ages. Also, has the e-smokey treats Irish site closed down?

O'Prez wrote: »
    Does anyone know any good sites (preferably Irish or English) that sell VG liquids? I was getting VG RY4 from Liberty Flights but they've been out of stock for ages. Also, has the e-smokey treats Irish site closed down?

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/peg-liquid/vg-liquid/ry4-vg-liquid.html

thanx mewso :D

Decided to start mixing my own stuff. Ordered some 52mg nicotine and VG from Liberty Flights and some flavouring from Cloud 9 Vaping. Who else mixes their own stuff and is it really much cheaper than buying the pre-made stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 toniadmas05

Nice to see this stuff and whole info about stop smoking. Thanks for sharing the great post.

http://www.quitsmokingeasiestway.com/

^ Spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

I suppose it is cheaper to make it yourself. A liter of PG or VG doesnt really cost much, you can get it pure lab grade many places. The way I see it, I use about half 40ml per month, and its really not worth the trouble for me to go mix myself.

Id rather go to enjuice and select a few flavors per month

O'Prez wrote: »
    Decided to start mixing my own stuff. Ordered some 52mg nicotine and VG from Liberty Flights and some flavouring from Cloud 9 Vaping. Who else mixes their own stuff and is it really much cheaper than buying the pre-made stuff?

I've mixed a bit but less now. I like to have some VG and PG around simply to mix with straight PG or VG liquids because I prefer an 80/20 PG/VG mix in general so I'll often buy a PG liquid I like since PG is the more prevelant and put a little VG in just to gloop it up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I could not have found this thread at a better time! I am seriously on the brink of quitting (again!) but had a really bad experience with it the last time I tried over three years ago.
    These e-cigs could be the answer! I was strongly considering hypnosis but think I'll give the e-cigs a go.
    Where is the varpourstore located and can you buy over the counter from them?

• Advertisement

Shazanne wrote: »
    I could not have found this thread at a better time! I am seriously on the brink of quitting (again!) but had a really bad experience with it the last time I tried over three years ago.
    These e-cigs could be the answer! I was strongly considering hypnosis but think I'll give the e-cigs a go.
    Where is the varpourstore located and can you buy over the counter from them?

The vapourstore is online only as far as I know but it's normally next day delivery which is fine.

Advertisement