Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Yeah lol, i was impresed big time:)
    Mmmm vaping now halo freedom from thevapourstore.... Lovely... Does anybody have a recepie for making halo freedom DIY? Or there is no such a thing?:)

Im sure it's possible ,but that's their signature liquid I think so it's probably a secret recipe.i have never tried the freedom liquid ,I tried some of their other liquids alright

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

I should defenetely try their other halo juices. I think I just found my all day vape:) it doesn't taste as good on normal atty tho.
    And is it normal that I'm getting kind of warm vape out of LR atty? It's a much better thing IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Yes, vape of LR atty is much warmer.
    LR cartomizer beats everything! Works great for about week or two and is very cheap.

Where are you getting those cartomizers thingy? Can't find them on thevapourstore. Can you drip with them or you only can fill the cartridges? Never even seen them:)

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Where are you getting those cartomizers thingy? Can't find them on thevapourstore. Can you drip with them or you only can fill the cartridges? Never even seen them:)

Cartomizers are a combination of atomizer and cartridge in one. They hold 20-25 drops of fluid so you don't have to refill as often.

• Advertisement

I got them from thebestshop.eu
    I use them with black drip tip which fits perfect and I can top up with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭dubguy45

cc-offe wrote: »
    I think my boyfriends dad might give the e-cigs a go so we'll just give him the ones we don't like....I'll try that menthol next if I don't like this one! I'd like to find a flavour like the Jasper but noones really tried it so cant get any recommendations for a similar one.
    How many mls would you get through in a month?

As I have said before the small bottle of 18mg in Londis might do you. I find it similar to the Jasper, taste wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

dubguy45 wrote: »
    As I have said before the small bottle of 18mg in Londis might do you. I find it similar to the Jasper, taste wise.

Thanks, sorry I must have missed that :) Is it just in Dublin where Londis sells the liquid?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

http://www.thebestshop.eu/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2

What about this one above? I dont want to spend loads more money on another one
    Can I use liquid with above?

Thanks for the advice y'all:)

Thanks, sorry I must have missed that :) Is it just in Dublin where Londis sells the liquid?

Apologies, I phrased that last post incorrectly.
    http://ecirettesolutions.com/stores.php is from an earlier post and details the outlets. Please confirm when you can the status of your eGo as compaired to the Jasper. The git on utube has had a few mates promote the Jasper on top of my comments. Are we the only two people who know they are crap?

• Advertisement

Apologies, I phrased that last post incorrectly.
    http://ecirettesolutions.com/stores.php is from an earlier post and details the outlets. Please confirm when you can the status of your eGo as compaired to the Jasper. The git on utube has had a few mates promote the Jasper on top of my comments. Are we the only two people who know they are crap?

I'm expecting some menthol liquid tomorrow from the vapourstore so i'll test the eGo out properly then!

The eGo seems so effortless compared to the Jasper, you see all the videos on youtube where people are inhaling for 3-4 seconds with the eGo but even if you take a tiny drag you instantly get better vapour than the Jasper. With the Jasper cartridges it's really hit and miss whether you'll get a good drag or not which you know yourself.

There was some free cartridges with the kit but they're horrible and so I don't like either the marlboro or the dunhill liquids that I got with it so I haven't used it that much yet today. I don't want to just smoke it yet for the sake of it because it has a really dirty type of flavour and after being on the Jasper ones for a few days i'm after getting used to the mild flavour. My boyfriend hates the flavour too but also thinks first impressions of the eGo are excellent, he brought it down to a friends house and he instantly said he'd buy one.

The thing about the Jasper is I do actually like it, if there was nothing else available then I would stick with it because it's definitely satisfied my cravings but I used to smoke 10 cigarettes a day which isn't a lot compared to some people and i'm using at least 2 cartridges a day and that is using them very sparingly, a heavy smoker would probably need to use a full pack of cartridges a day and would be charging it constantly.

When you refill them are you filling the small plastic bit inside the cartridge or is there a way to fill up the bigger plastic bit?

Hopefully i'll get this menthol one early tomorrow and as soon as I do i'll test it properly and let you know exactly what I think and then I might leave a few comments on youtube myself to compare :D

What about this one above? I dont want to spend loads more money on another one
    Can I use liquid with above?

Thanks for the advice y'all

Yes, you can use liquid with Joye 510 manual just get some empty cartridges (510 or 901 - both fits 510 atomizer) or 510 cartomizers (NOT LR !). If you want ecig with automatic battery DSE 901 + spare atomizer will be better choice. 510 auto battery is not so good.

At the moment there is a Tornado (eGo) starter kit for only 45 euros which can't be better (49.99 pounds in TW UK) so think about it.

I'm expecting some menthol liquid tomorrow from the vapourstore so i'll test the eGo out properly then!

The eGo seems so effortless compared to the Jasper, you see all the videos on youtube where people are inhaling for 3-4 seconds with the eGo but even if you take a tiny drag you instantly get better vapour than the Jasper. With the Jasper cartridges it's really hit and miss whether you'll get a good drag or not which you know yourself.

There was some free cartridges with the kit but they're horrible and so I don't like either the marlboro or the dunhill liquids that I got with it so I haven't used it that much yet today. I don't want to just smoke it yet for the sake of it because it has a really dirty type of flavour and after being on the Jasper ones for a few days i'm after getting used to the mild flavour. My boyfriend hates the flavour too but also thinks first impressions of the eGo are excellent, he brought it down to a friends house and he instantly said he'd buy one.

The thing about the Jasper is I do actually like it, if there was nothing else available then I would stick with it because it's definitely satisfied my cravings but I used to smoke 10 cigarettes a day which isn't a lot compared to some people and i'm using at least 2 cartridges a day and that is using them very sparingly, a heavy smoker would probably need to use a full pack of cartridges a day and would be charging it constantly.

When you refill them are you filling the small plastic bit inside the cartridge or is there a way to fill up the bigger plastic bit?

Hopefully i'll get this menthol one early tomorrow and as soon as I do i'll test it properly and let you know exactly what I think and then I might leave a few comments on youtube myself to compare :D

Thanks for the info. I refill the small plastic container. Thats the only way. It takes 9 drops and you may need a tooth pick in the empty cartridge and let the drops roll down it into the cartridge.

Thanks for the info. I refill the small plastic container. Thats the only way. It takes 9 drops and you may need a tooth pick in the empty cartridge and let the drops roll down it into the cartridge.

Ah i see thanks, it just shows what bad value the cartridges are when you can only fit 9 drops in them.

The menthol is class and hits the spot ,especially with a few drinks at the weekend ,the real test.I think you'll like it especially the standard stuff.When you're re-filling just take one of those used up pre filled carts and drip directly onto the filler material inside.Im using the same one for the last 2 weeks and it's fine.You'll get the flavour of menthol after a few puffs:)

The menthol is class and hits the spot ,especially with a few drinks at the weekend ,the real test.I think you'll like it especially the standard stuff.When you're re-filling just take one of those used up pre filled carts and drip directly onto the filler material inside.Im using the same one for the last 2 weeks and it's fine.You'll get the flavour of menthol after a few puffs:)

I bought some empty cartridges and some of the lr cartomizers aswell when I bought the kit so i'm all prepared :D should have known the tobacco flavour ones would be horrible.

You can mix up some tobacco liquid with menthol. Do it in the cartridge not in bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I haven't posted on this thread for a while as, to be honest, it baffles me a bit:o However I follow the thread on a daily basis to hear how people are getting on.
    I got my E-Go 510 back in October/November and its still in the box:eek: I haven't even really looked at it. I so want it to be a successful substitute for cigarettes that I's scared it will be a disappointment. Pretty pathetic, I know, but it's the truth.
    I have a week off work next week (away from smoking friends etc) and I think it's time to give it a go. What I want to know, in simple terms, is if the tobacco flavoured liquid on sale in Londis will work effectively with my E-Go and if I need to do anything or buy anything else to ensure this?
    I feel at this point that I will need to use a good tobacco flavour to wean me over from the fags.
    Simple relpies only please - I'm a total novice here!!

Shazanne wrote: »
    I haven't posted on this thread for a while as, to be honest, it baffles me a bit:o However I follow the thread on a daily basis to hear how people are getting on.
    I got my E-Go 510 back in October/November and its still in the box:eek: I haven't even really looked at it. I so want it to be a successful substitute for cigarettes that I's scared it will be a disappointment. Pretty pathetic, I know, but it's the truth.
    I have a week off work next week (away from smoking friends etc) and I think it's time to give it a go. What I want to know, in simple terms, is if the tobacco flavoured liquid on sale in Londis will work effectively with my E-Go and if I need to do anything or buy anything else to ensure this?
    I feel at this point that I will need to use a good tobacco flavour to wean me over from the fags.

Hi Shazanne, I got my eGo yesterday and I love it,

I bought the Jasper and Jasper one last wednesday in the spur of the moment, I had a couple of cigarettes left when I bought it and I 'allowed' myself to smoke them on the first couple of days,

Anyway got the eGo yesterday and when I ordered it I ordered 2 tobacco flavoured liquids, they were both horrible and I couldn't use them,I got a mint one today and i'm loving it.

I thought (like you do) that I would stick with a tobacco flavour one but like a few people on here have said once you get sense of smell and taste start properly coming back after stopping smoking then you really don't want a tobacco flavour one at all.

It's been a week and I have no cravings for cigarettes at all, The Jasper cartridge is a nice flavour to start with and another poster on this thread has said the Londis eliquid is similar to that one, you won't need anything else with the liquid.

Give it a go, i'm guessing a week from now you could be really really delighted with your progress, I've found using an e-cig an effortless way to stop smoking (I know it's only been a week :)) but I am really over the moon, my boyfriend is the exact same, he found it just as easy, no cravings for cigarettes or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Hi Shaz

A couple of thoughts.

Don't worry too much about giving up the cigs totally at first if that is making you concerned and putting you under pressure. The first week I had the eGo I still smoked some cigs but as the week went on I found it was the eGo I was turning to rather than the cigs. I kept a pack of cigs for about 3 weeks after I quit but had no desire to use them and eventually gave them away. Now over 5 weeks smoke free :)

Flavour wise I have found over the last few weeks my tastes are changing all the time and I like to switch and change flavours. Get a few different ones to start with and you will find after a few days you will not want anything that tastes like a cigarette.

Best of luck with it, vaping is great, just jump in give it a try and don't get too hung up about it initially.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Anyway got the eGo yesterday and when I ordered it I ordered 2 tobacco flavoured liquids, they were both horrible and I couldn't use them,I got a mint one today and i'm loving it.

I thought (like you do) that I would stick with a tobacco flavour one but like a few people on here have said once you get sense of smell and taste start properly coming back after stopping smoking then you really don't want a tobacco flavour one at all.

The only thing I would say about this is be careful about definitives when it comes to e-cigs. One day all tobacco flavours are horrible, another menthol just isn't for you. You'll find yourself changing your mind regularly over time as to what is you preferred flavour.

I went from tobacco to only menthol, to fruity flavours and back to tobacco again. At each point I would have said only vape flavour x had someone asked because at that particular time I thought it was best. There are good tobacco flavours and bad, good menthol and bad and so on. Everyone will be different when it comes to flavours and everyone will go through different periods of preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RRaff

Hey Mewso, just want to say thank you for starting this thread all those months ago. I had looked into these over a year ago and got lost in the maze of info thats out there but thanks to this alot of things have been cleared up!
    Just ordered the Joye ego starter kit (mega version) from thevapourstore with some liquid so fingers crossed! Been smoking 20 a day for the last 16 years and i'm sick to death of them!
    Thanks again Mewso and everyone else who posted info, wish me luck!!!:)

mewso wrote: »
    The only thing I would say about this is be careful about definitives when it comes to e-cigs. One day all tobacco flavours are horrible, another menthol just isn't for you. You'll find yourself changing your mind regularly over time as to what is you preferred flavour.

I went from tobacco to only menthol, to fruity flavours and back to tobacco again. At each point I would have said only vape flavour x had someone asked because at that particular time I thought it was best. There are good tobacco flavours and bad, good menthol and bad and so on. Everyone will be different when it comes to flavours and everyone will go through different periods of preference.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind, If I do go back to tobacco I will prob try the one from Londis because it's supposed to be like the Jasper.

On a side note isn't thevapourstore so good for delivery? I ordered menthol on monday and they forgot to post it express but I still got it on tuesday and then they refunded me the express money (I would never have noticed that they had sent it standard post) so I put an extra few euro to it and ordered the double mint yesterday and got it today with standard delivery....great to deal with!

Mewso, I'd like to second what RRaf said and thank you for this thread, I literally saw the e-cigs one day, read this whole thread, bought some the next and am happily off the cigarettes now for a week with no cravings and I don't think i'll ever go back on them.

It is a real life changing thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

I bought the E-go starter kit for my mum(this one: http://www.thevapourstore.ie/new-joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit/prod_245.html), but she hates the flavour, and wants to try the menthol variant. Someone with some experience with these things might confirm for me that this: http://www.thevapourstore.ie/blank-cartridges/25-blank-cartridges-for-joye-510/prod_170.html and this: http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/menthol-e-liquid/prod_72.html would do the trick.

Thanks.

Got my ego today and the prefilled carts that come with it do not taste very nice! Mean't to taste like Marbloro Light but taste more like a whole pack of fruit gums and suger in your mouth! Very Weird!
    Mason Storm your spot on from everything i have read with the empty carts/liquid and you just fill them up yourself. Thankfully menthol tastes the same the world around! My question is does anyone know a liquid that actually tastes like a cig?! Any from the the vapourstore cos i don't have a visa so i can't by outside Ireland!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

RRaff wrote: »
    Got my ego today and the prefilled carts that come with it do not taste very nice! Mean't to taste like Marbloro Light but taste more like a whole pack of fruit gums and suger in your mouth! Very Weird!
    Mason Storm your spot on from everything i have read with the empty carts/liquid and you just fill them up yourself. Thankfully menthol tastes the same the world around! My question is does anyone know a liquid that actually tastes like a cig?! Any from the the vapourstore cos i don't have a visa so i can't by outside Ireland!

I suppose the closest on the vapourstore is the Halo Torque 56. The chinese stuff won't be what you want. I just bought the Torque 56 and it seems quite smokey to me but if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. People need to stop expecting these things to taste exactly like the real thing. In the long term you will prefer it to real smoke.

Why would you want that stinky bitter taste that makes you thirsty?:)
    I doubt there is such a flavor in e-cig world tbh. At the beginning I was chasing that real cig taste as well and I ordered a few marlboro liquids from different vendors. Non of them taste like a real thing. One of them taste like an old ashtray actually (not like I tried old ashtrays tho):)
    Another one taste like a....well try to imagine an unlit cigarette in your mouth...if you chew it for a while than you would get the same taste as after smoking that liquid:)
    I have an ego as well. Here's my advice: get some LR atomizers and RY4 liquid. It doesn't taste like a real cig, it's so much better:)
    Also halo freedom from vapourstore is quite good. Maybe there are liquids that taste like a real cigs but I've never heard of them even after searching through massive amounts of posts on both American and Russian e-cig forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Hi Shazanne, I bought the Riva around this time last month and I'm still smoking cigarettes. There's no harm in using both for a period of time. It does take a bit of getting used to getting your fix from a vaporizer instead of a ciggie, but it becomes less of a chore as time goes by.
    Today(or yesterday rather) I ran out of smokes at around 4pm, and have been vaping since without any bother to me.
    Regarding the liquid, I'd say pick anything because 80% of them are less disgusing than the taste of tobacco.:P

• Advertisement

Cheers guys, I'll try the Halo products you recommended and see what they are like. I know you will never get one that will be the exact same as a normal cig but I'm not a fan of sweet flavors so I'm looking for something more darker and smokey! (but not an ash tray) :)
    On a very positive note, for the first time I actually believe I can finally kick this damn habit! :)

Advertisement