Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Mezamo wrote: »
    I must echo Mewso's comments regarding the vapour store. I had a faulty battery from my ego-t kit. I emailed them and they replaced it straight away, they even sent a stamped addressed envelope to return the faulty one back to them. Its not always soley down to price, service is also important. Fair play to the vapour store +1 on service!

similar thing happened to my sister when I got her to try e-cigs, I forget exactly what her problem was but she was very impressed with their customer service and it was resolved very quickly.

nesf wrote: »
    The hotness is related to the low resistance. Lower resistance = more heat. Run with a lower voltage battery to get around this.

hrm, i was trying it on an almost dead battery like you suggested but it was still running incredibly hot.. it negatively affected the quality of the flavour in my opinion and I never noticed that with my lr510's. ill just keep plugging away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sky35

I ordered the silky/silk cut liquid from the best shop and it arrived yesterday. Very disappointed, tastes a bit strange after my joye tobacco juice and little or no vapour from it, I've tried dripping it also and it's no better, so i think it's back to the joye for me. Has anyone else tried it and what have they thought of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

i'm not a fan of it either...didn't see any difference between silky and congress at all. They taste the same to me...i'd love to try joye tobacco liquid tho...

It's great nonamigo, I'm not an expert, I've only been vaping a month, and ita the only one I've used so far but silky is so c**p in comparison. It's currently out of stock in the vapour store though, ive just mailed them to see when they're expecting it back in

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is not the first time I hear good things about Joye tobacco. Makes me wanna try it even more:)
    I was told the vapourstore will have it in stock by next week. So hopefully I'll order some to try:)

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Yeah, this is not the first time I hear good things about Joye tobacco. Makes me wanna try it even more:)
    I was told the vapourstore will have it in stock by next week. So hopefully I'll order some to try:)

Hmmm, hope I can drag the bottle I have out till then, not looking forward to trying to vape with silky if it runs out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Found this site. honeyvillevapor.com It's in usa. They offer 5ml juices now for 0.30 cents! I've ordered 12 juices, paid 8 euro in total with delivery! They say it's usa/italy made stuff, so no Chinese crap. Hope it's good:)

Those juices arrive for you yet Nonamigo? Any use?

just got an email from them that it's shipped. will wait and see:)
    some people got their juices already. you can read short reviews here on recent pages

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Well first month over and Im really enjoying my vaping, a little bit too much methinks. Was on totally wicked last night ready to order some flavours until i came to checkout to look at the £10 shipping charge..has anyone ordered liquids from them? I was interested in the extra stout and green cow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Well first month over and Im really enjoying my vaping, a little bit too much methinks. Was on totally wicked last night ready to order some flavours until i came to checkout to look at the £10 shipping charge..has anyone ordered liquids from them? I was interested in the extra stout and green cow..

I've ordered stuff a few times from them. Normally the delivery charge is sufficient to make me go elsewhere for juices etc. EN-Juice is my standard port of call these days for e-juice.

any reccomendations for a really strong flavour, preferably coffee/chocolate from enjuice? I have the coffee supreme premium and i'm really liking it, but with the tank sometimes the flavour isn't very strong. was thinking of going for one of their espresso flavours next

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

any reccomendations for a really strong flavour, preferably coffee/chocolate from enjuice? I have the coffee supreme premium and i'm really liking it, but with the tank sometimes the flavour isn't very strong. was thinking of going for one of their espresso flavours next

I like their Espresso and their Coffee, Chocolate and Caramel mix. My sense of taste is really poor though due to medical reasons so can't really say whether they're very strongly flavoured. Other people who've tried them on my e-cigs find them lovely though.

Got my new atomizers and some ry4 delivered today. The taste of the atomizer is rank but ill persevere. One thing i did notice is that the ry4 was a different colour an had a pg sticker on the back of it, vg pg mix is the best?? Anyone smoke the pg liquids? Cant really tell what its like because of the new atomizer..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Got my new atomizers and some ry4 delivered today. The taste of the atomizer is rank but ill persevere. One thing i did notice is that the ry4 was a different colour an had a pg sticker on the back of it, vg pg mix is the best?? Anyone smoke the pg liquids? Cant really tell what its like because of the new atomizer..

PG is the standard. Unless you went out of your way to buy VG before now thats what you have been vaping all along. The new atomiser taste shouldn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Interesting, i always thought if it didn't say one way or the other, it was a 50\50 pg\vg mix. Not based on anything, just an idea I got in my head :rolleyes:

mewso wrote: »
    PG is the standard. Unless you went out of your way to buy VG before now thats what you have been vaping all along. The new atomiser taste shouldn't last long.

Thanks Mewso.
    Gryzor wrote: »
    Interesting, i always thought if it didn't say one way or the other, it was a 50\50 pg\vg mix. Not based on anything, just an idea I got in my head :rolleyes:

Me too!

just saw this on the beeb...

not sure what type of juice this guy was vaping, or maybe the doc was talking ****e???
    Dr Allcock said that the brand Mr Miller had been using seemed to involve a mixture of nicotine and some oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Yeah I don't like this bit
    There's extensive literature in the medical world on damage to the lungs due to inhaling oil, which looks very similar to his disease,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

• Advertisement

was just about to post that article!!
    It may be scare-mongering but, coming from the bbc, alot of people will believe it...

Here's another one on the oily side of things...

Gryzor wrote: »
    was just about to post that article!!
    It may be scare-mongering but, coming from the bbc, alot of people will believe it...

Here's another one on the oily side of things...

Well I'm referring to it as scare-mongering for the benefit of people reading this thread. Yes it will have a negative affect but the ECITA are doing good work at jumping on this stuff and getting the right message out. Despite all of this it is a reminder to use reputable liquid suppliers as a sensible precaution and not use oil based supermarket flavourings for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Well I'm referring to it as scare-mongering for the benefit of people reading this thread. Yes it will have a negative affect but the ECITA are doing good work at jumping on this stuff and getting the right message out.

Hardly an un-biased source though. The tobacco associations did a great job of jumping on all the 'scaremongering' surrounding cigarettes and tobacco too. I would take anything an organisation who's sole purpose is to make as much money as possible for their members, from their industry, skeptically. They are propaganda merchants. Not just the ECITA specifically, all trade associations, it's their reason d'etre.

strobe wrote: »
    Hardly an un-biased source though.

Hey if there was an alternative source for the media I'd be all for it. For now the person acting on behalf of the ECITA has simply been telling the truth based on facts from what I've seen. She is on UK Vapers and wouldn't get an easy time of it if she didn't.

Has anyone tried the xl clearomizers yet, any experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Not yet, but I'll try them soon.

Been looking at these aswell....

Seems to be very mixed reviews on the clearomizers....they appear to be pretty fiddly yokes. From what i've seen the giantomizers are very similar, but with alot less problems

haven't tried either yet though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Beasty.

not yet but intend to

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Would this be a good starter purchase for someone quitting a 20 a day habit?

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html

Or this

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-starter-kit/prod_1.html

Or if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I'm kind of lost where to begin :o

• Advertisement

Shulgin wrote: »
    Would this be a good starter purchase for someone quitting a 20 a day habit?

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html

Or this

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-starter-kit/prod_1.html

Or if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I'm kind of lost where to begin :o

I was the same as yourself a month ago...and picked up the ego tank starter pack....for ease of use and a good introduction to vaping, you can't go far wrong with it....
    You'll get two very solid ego batteries in the kit. That'll allow you to branch off and experiment with different types of atomisers or cartomisers
    Don't forget some juice!!

Advertisement