Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Shulgin wrote: »
    Would this be a good starter purchase for someone quitting a 20 a day habit?

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html

Or this

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-starter-kit/prod_1.html

Or if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I'm kind of lost where to begin :o

You need to invest in a good one to start with, trust me I went through a whole load of shít ones

The Joye eGo is the best to start with imo

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Thanks lads :)

Shulgin wrote: »
    Thanks lads :)

I didn't realise they did the ego tank kit as posted above mine ,go with that one that's what i'm using now

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Heading off to London shortly for a few days, I was going to carry on my bag, but I'm just beginning to wonder what they will make of my tornado tank or screwdriver at the security checks? the liquid i have in bottles under 100mls but if they don't understand the concept will they just throw them away?

Anyone have any experience of taking their kits abroad?

Heading off to London shortly for a few days, I was going to carry on my bag, but I'm just beginning to wonder what they will make of my tornado tank or screwdriver at the security checks? the liquid i have in bottles under 100mls but if they don't understand the concept will they just throw them away?

Anyone have any experience of taking their kits abroad?

Ha ha Yep! Most times I've traveled I've had no hassel, but the last time I was in JFK they said "WTF is this"?, and I smoked it in front of them, after 5 mins looking at it and reading the ejuice liquid bottle, they waved me on.

• Advertisement

Ok guys, in relation to this article of death from oily substances in ejuice, I decided to "check" some of my liquids for oil.

Firstly I got the dekang menthol and dripped some of it onto a saucer then used a dripper to drip water onto the liquid..guess what the two liquids mixed and there was no beading as you will find if you're mixing an oil based substance with water.

I got some of the decadent vapours and did the same thing ,and some of these are oil based,really obvious the water is repelled off the top of the liquids ,not all of them.

I have no tobacco based liquids to try out but I think you guys should try this out and post results here.Maybe get a sticky for liquids for suspected low grade liquids and "trusted" liquids, just so everyone has the right info on safe liquid.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

Can anyone help me with this please,

I have 2 sets/pairs of batteries from different starter kits “Riva ego Mega 1100mah” and “Vaga ego 650mah”

The charger that came with the Vaga seemed to over heat and showed signs of the USB charger part slightly melting in on itself… it also killed the battery that was charging at the time,

The people I bought it from sent me 2 batteries / replacement wall charger / a tank and tank atomizer to try out, fair play to them I got them within 2 days… I didn’t have the heart to moan to them that they sent the wrong part of the charger.

Had the USB charger connected to the wall charger when the damage was done and I feel I must explain that I always use a timer plug to make sure the batteries are charged for the right amount of time,

The USB charger that came with the Riva says the out put is - 4.2volt - 200mA, and the wall plug that it came with says - output 300mA,

The new wall plug that they sent for the Vaga says output 500mA, I cant remember what #mah the USB for the Vaga was and I cant check it as I sent it back when they sent me the replacement parts,

Will it do any harm to the batteries using this charger for both the Riva and Vaga or should I order another charger for the Vaga ?

In anticipation of your kind help I thank you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ciaran_d_man

the joye ego that i bought previously and ego-t that i bought recently are genuine joyetech stuff. I got their dekang eliquid too and it seems to be the same as thevapourstore's but at a better price. it's €12 for 20ml at the vapour store, and it's €15 for 50ml at vapourireland. Anyone else used them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Ok folks really silly question, I bought some boge lr cartomizers over the weekend and Im wondering if I need a drip tip not to fill it but to put on the carto and vape, or is it something else im looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

You don't necessarily need a drip tip, you can just put back on the little white cap. I find a drip tip is a nicer feel though, and makes them easier to fill from the top...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

the joye ego that i bought previously and ego-t that i bought recently are genuine joyetech stuff. I got their dekang eliquid too and it seems to be the same as thevapourstore's but at a better price. it's €12 for 20ml at the vapour store, and it's €15 for 50ml at vapourireland. Anyone else used them recently?

I've been hoping for an answer to this, too.
    I'm planning to order a joye eGo from the vapourstore tomorrow. I'm really unsure where to order the e-liquid, though! (It's a very long thread, lol!)

I bought my OH a Jasper a few weeks ago, but it burnt out the first atomizer in about a week, and the refills are really unreliable, so, this thread has been a godsend.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. My OH needs to give up the cigs for health reasons, and every other method has failed. This seems to have a chance of working, though.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sky35

Hi guys
    I need to order juice in the next couple of days and the vapour store are still out of joye tobacco e-liquid. Has anyone got any suggestions for anything that's anyway similar? I tried the silk cut/silky stuff from best shop a couple of weeks ago and thought it was dire, almost no vapour and I'm to polite to type what it tastes like but its definitely NOT silk cut. Anyway, I'm looking for something like joye with a fairly light tobacco taste and I really dont want to waste any more money on crap liquid, so any suggestions gratefully accepted :-) thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

sky35 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I need to order juice in the next couple of days and the vapour store are still out of joye tobacco e-liquid. Has anyone got any suggestions for anything that's anyway similar? I tried the silk cut/silky stuff from best shop a couple of weeks ago and thought it was dire, almost no vapour and I'm to polite to type what it tastes like but its definitely NOT silk cut. Anyway, I'm looking for something like joye with a fairly light tobacco taste and I really dont want to waste any more money on crap liquid, so any suggestions gratefully accepted :-) thanks

I emailed VapourStore and they said they were expecting the Joye stuff early this week so should be there soon. Failing that the Titan Tobacco on Totally Wicked is the same stuff (but pricey delivery). Apart from that I can't be sure. I do remember thinking the iVapour Tobacco was good but it's been a while (it's possibly the same as the Joye but I can't remember for sure).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Forgot to say Liberty Flights is quite good for tobacco liquids but get a few 5 ml samples and try them out as there are quite a few. Tobacco and USA Mix have been long time favs of mine but the problem for me now is that liquids taste different in a tank to a cartridge so what was great for me in a cart might not add up to the same thing in the tank unfortunately. Personally I have ordered the 5*10ml pack from TW (all tobacco) and when VapourStore get more Joye I'm going to stock up as I think it's just fantastic stuff in the tank.

Mewso, have you ever tried to take one of your kits on board a flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

mewso wrote: »
    I emailed VapourStore and they said they were expecting the Joye stuff early this week so should be there soon.

I've been checking every day for that stuff to come back in eventhough Helen will probably email me anyway. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the xl clearomizers yet, any experiences?

Got test pack from TheBestShop. I got both, regular and XL ones. All I can say is woooow :eek:
    Great taste, great vapour. Only thing which I don't like is rubber tip. Thanks God 510 drip tip fits this thing :D
    That's CE2 Edition 5 so is newest version. Works exelent on Joye 510, Riva battery. My old eGo batteries (3,6V) wasn't so good but Im sure new eGo battery will do the job. On ProVari 3,9V is enough.
    Filling is not easy.
    733b6861c2f4dc2cmed.jpg

Thanks guys, think I'll try to drag out the half bottle I have and hold on another couple of days and see if Helen gets the joye back in, by the time I get delivery on anything from the uk, hopefully it will be back in stock and with next day delivery I should have it anyway. Helen said she'd mail when it's back in, but would really appreciate if someone could post it on this thread just in case, will definitely be stocking up this time!

sky35 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, think I'll try to drag out the half bottle I have and hold on another couple of days and see if Helen gets the joye back in, by the time I get delivery on anything from the uk, hopefully it will be back in stock and with next day delivery I should have it anyway. Helen said she'd mail when it's back in, but would really appreciate if someone could post it on this thread just in case, will definitely be stocking up this time!

If I spot the Joye liquid I will post here...right after I have ordered...

Mewso, have you ever tried to take one of your kits on board a flight?

I answered this earlier:-
    I've been through airports a couple of times now with e-liquid in the see-through liquid bag and battery/atomiser in my carry on with no issues whatsoever. I did keep atomiser unscrewed from the battery just in case it looks more threatening when together smile.gif

I have even taken discreet puffs in-flight. Inhale, hold in and exhale through the nose downwards. Hardly noticeable but I suspect it would be a problem if they did spot it.

In any case for a long holiday I would pack all my stuff in the check-in bag.

I just did it last weekend actually on a visit to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Opit wrote: »
    Got test pack from TheBestShop. I got both, regular and XL ones. All I can say is woooow :eek:
    Great taste, great vapour. Only thing which I don't like is rubber tip. Thanks God 510 drip tip fits this thing :D
    That's CE2 Edition 5 so is newest version. Works exelent on Joye 510, Riva battery. My old eGo batteries (3,6V) wasn't so good but Im sure new eGo battery will do the job. On ProVari 3,9V is enough.
    Filling is not easy.
    733b6861c2f4dc2cmed.jpg

I ended up ordering some 510 boge cartomizers so ill see how i go with them first, how long are getting out of one of the clearomizers?

• Advertisement

I got them about 3pm so I can't really say too much about them.

Here's the small one:
    e8129e9a916a939amed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Sorry for being ignorant and not reading all the posts but i REALLY want to give up smoking and think the e-cig is the way to go, my sister got one in Kilkenny and i have been looking around Cork but cant find them anywhere to buy so want to go online to get one, just want the easiest one that is the best for staying off them, sorry if im being rude but any help would be much apprieciated :o:o

I answered this earlier:-
    I just did it last weekend actually on a visit to the UK.

Thanks, sorry I didn't spot your earlier reply...

Elevelyn wrote: »
    Sorry for being ignorant and not reading all the posts but i REALLY want to give up smoking and think the e-cig is the way to go, my sister got one in Kilkenny and i have been looking around Cork but cant find them anywhere to buy so want to go online to get one, just want the easiest one that is the best for staying off them, sorry if im being rude but any help would be much apprieciated :o:o

The Ego-T is the current top recommendation but there are no guarantees on it being the easiest. Everyone is different.

Joye e-liquid back in stock at Vapour Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I got the Ego-T from vapourireland.com
    €71 delivered with a 50ml bottle of e-liquid.

So far so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

hey everyone,just ordered a joye 510 from vapour ireland and was wondering what their deliveries like should i expect it this week? also they dont seem to stock much in e-liquid had to get the 50ml menthol 0mg as the others were out of stock! couldnt get some from the vapour store because they dont take laser. cheers for any info :D

Joye e-liquid back in stock at Vapour Store.

Woohoo, thanks Mewso!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Elevelyn wrote: »

I ordered the eGo T from the vapour store for my OH yesterday, with 50ml e-liquid from Vapour Ireland.
    Both arrived this morning. He's very happy with the Joye eGo, and says it's a huge improvement on the Jasper kit he got from the local chemist.

I have to say, I'm impressed with the speed at which the order was processed, by both the Vapour store, and Vapour Ireland.

Check out their websites, and see what you think. I know I will order from both these companies again.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement