Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

hi all ,
    got my first e cig today , bought in chemist , its a jasper and jasper ( dont know if this is any good but seems to work ok , fair amount of vapor and enjoying it 2 a point .

i have read from page 1 as far as i can get ( my head is spinning with all the info :eek: )

basically i used 2 smoke 20 silk cut purple a day until a trio of heart attacks stopped all that but love the act of smoking ,
    what is the closest combination of products that will get me to my old silk cut purple ?

again im not being lazy , its just the avalanche of information is 2 much and have no idea what way 2 turn !!!

if any body has a idea / formula ( ie - this vape with this cart and these refills ) i would be delighted with your suggestions or help

Great thread :D here is hoping !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Noreen1 wrote: »
    I ordered the eGo T from the vapour store for my OH yesterday, with 50ml e-liquid from Vapour Ireland.
    Both arrived this morning. He's very happy with the Joye eGo, and says it's a huge improvement on the Jasper kit he got from the local chemist.

I have to say, I'm impressed with the speed at which the order was processed, by both the Vapour store, and Vapour Ireland.

Check out their websites, and see what you think. I know I will order from both these companies again.

Hope this helps.

The eGo is what they should be selling instead of the gimmicky jasper cigs.You wouldn't believe the amount of people I know that went back on real fags because of e-cigs like the jasper and jasper

dj jarvis wrote: »
    hi all ,
    got my first e cig today , bought in chemist , its a jasper and jasper ( dont know if this is any good but seems to work ok , fair amount of vapor and enjoying it 2 a point .

i have read from page 1 as far as i can get ( my head is spinning with all the info :eek: )

basically i used 2 smoke 20 silk cut purple a day until a trio of heart attacks stopped all that but love the act of smoking ,
    what is the closest combination of products that will get me to my old silk cut purple ?

again im not being lazy , its just the avalanche of information is 2 much and have no idea what way 2 turn !!!

if any body has a idea / formula ( ie - this vape with this cart and these refills ) i would be delighted with your suggestions or help

Great thread :D here is hoping !!

Get This post 1082, trust me you'll never go back on the fags again

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mower

hi, any shops or chemists selling joye 510? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

mower wrote: »
    hi, any shops or chemists selling joye 510? cheers

Genuine Joye Tech products only on:
    1. http://www.thevapourstore.ie/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-mini-e-cig-starter-kit/prod_159.html
    2. http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-manual-starter-kit/prod_2.html

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-starter-kit/prod_1.html I'm really not sure if they have orginal product.
    Maybe some one can show real photo of the eGo or eGo-T starter kits from vapour ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Opit wrote: »

I bought an Ego-T for my mum from vapourireland, I can get a pic of it if you want. Is there some chance of it being fake of something?
    The only thing I noticed about it compared to the vapourstore is that it didnt come with a pouch, it wasn't advertised as being with it either though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Shulgin wrote: »
    I bought an Ego-T for my mum from vapourireland, I can get a pic of it if you want. Is there some chance of it being fake of something?
    The only thing I noticed about it compared to the vapourstore is that it didnt come with a pouch, it wasn't advertised as being with it either though.

I'm not aware of any copies of the Tank system so I would be surprised if it wasn't the real thing. Even if it was a copy it wouldn't worry me too much as a lot of the 510 copies, for example, are just as good if not better in some cases.

mewso wrote: »
    I'm not aware of any copies of the Tank system so I would be surprised if it wasn't the real thing. Even if it was a copy it wouldn't worry me too much as a lot of the 510 copies, for example, are just as good if not better in some cases.

Is all about the price.
    Look at regular eGo on vapour ireland. Main photo is ok but two other images shows riva styled ecigs, so what's truth?

There is few copies of tanks at the moment in china.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Is all about the price.
    Look at regular eGo on vapour ireland. Main photo is ok but two other images shows riva styled ecigs, so what's truth?

There is few copies of tanks at the moment in china.

Hey if they work they work. The Riva is just as good as an eGo by all accounts.

Hey if they work they work. The Riva is just as good as an eGo by all accounts.

So you wanna buy my Ford Focus in price of Mercedes? They work the same.
    So again what ecig I will get if I take Joye eGo from vapour ireland?
    I can post here 1000 examples of ego, ego-t or 510 copys.

You right some copys are good or maybe better as orginal products but I would like to know that before I click "BUY".

• Advertisement

One example of ego-t copy:
    http://www.eastmall.net//Products/ShowProduct.aspx?pid=100015656&name=Ego-T%20%20kits-On%20Sale%20!

You want more of them much much cheaper? No problem I can post all links.

Very cheap copy of Joye 510 is here:
    http://www.bigboxstore.com/best-selling-electronic-cigarette-joye510.html

Only 21 euro + shipping (trusted shop from china). Box looks exactly the same as one here : http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-starter-kit/prod_1.html
    Orginal Joye Tech has plain white box with specification on the bottom of the box (all about color, auto/manual etc.) where copy has all details on the sides of the box.

I'm speaking specifically about known copies that are proven to work as advertised. If you think I'm suggesting people buy the cheapest knock off they can find then you are wrong. Am I correct in thinking you are the owner of thebestshop Opit?

I'm speaking specifically about known copies that are proven to work as advertised. If you think I'm suggesting people buy the cheapest knock off they can find then you are wrong. Am I correct in thinking you are the owner of thebestshop Opit?

No I'm not but I wish to be. Good money and easy job. You can get me here http://www.oranprecast.ie/index.htm on twin wall department.
    I told you before I'm just doing some jobs for them with website and from short time also product photography - not for free. All photos with thebestshop logo that's my work.
    I'm living close to both vapourstore and thebestshop and yes I am polish.

No I'm not but I wish to be. Good money and easy job. You can get me here http://www.oranprecast.ie/index.htm on twin wall department.
    I told you before I'm just doing some jobs for them with website and from short time also product photography - not for free. All photos with thebestshop logo that's my work.
    I'm living close to both vapourstore and thebestshop and yes I am polish.

I was just curious because payments to thebestshop go to an Opitek but it's no big deal either way.

I was just curious because payments to thebestshop go to an Opitek but it's no big deal either way.

My nick name is very old. In polish is mean person which drinks a lot (in slang) :D. Old times ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Funndy

any one know how long the egot atomisers should last?

Can anyone recommend a good site for a beginner?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭rockdrummer4

Funndy wrote: »

thebestshop.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mcguffin

How do you know is made in EU?
    viks75 wrote: »
    I use this one> http://e-cig.ls-shop.eu/

Great service, customer service and lots of options/items/flavours to choose. They have even the electric pipe to offer... :D

in 3 languages, lots of payment options and delivery within 3 - 4 working days. And what I like the most - it's made in EU not China... I would rather pay a bit more, than get cheap and you newer know what chemicals are in there. It's all about your health and you are the ones who inhale the vapour.

Sorry, but somehow I don't trust the manufacturers from Asia, especially for items you consume. :(

Best of luck

viks75 wrote: »
    I use this one> http://e-cig.ls-shop.eu/

Great service, customer service and lots of options/items/flavours to choose. They have even the electric pipe to offer... :D

in 3 languages, lots of payment options and delivery within 3 - 4 working days. And what I like the most - it's made in EU not China... I would rather pay a bit more, than get cheap and you newer know what chemicals are in there. It's all about your health and you are the ones who inhale the vapour.

Sorry, but somehow I don't trust the manufacturers from Asia, especially for items you consume. :(

Best of luck
    Nearly €100 for what looks like a an eGo knock off
    and €99 for this!!!!:eek: what a rip off, tell me again why you buy from there???:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mcguffin

Hi hunter,

I normally vape in my flights with Iberia and aerlingus after explaining what an e-cig or personal vaporizer is and asking permission from the flight attendants.
    So far no problems at all.

Cheers

Mewso, have you ever tried to take one of your kits on board a flight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Funndy wrote: »
    any one know how long the egot atomisers should last?

4-6 weeks seems to be what people are finding to be average. I'm using the same one for the last 6 weeks and it's working as good as it was straight out of the box.
    Funndy wrote:

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/

and

http://www.enjuice.co.uk/magento/default/

are both good sites. Pretty reasonable prices, fast delivery, good selection of stuff, easy to navigate websites etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Anyone ever seen another vaper, not a mate or someone you know. I'm only at this game about 2 months, so its not something i was looking out for or probably would have noticed before....haven't spied my first vaper yet though...

Gryzor wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen another vaper, not a mate or someone you know. I'm only at this game about 2 months, so its not something i was looking out for or probably would have noticed before....haven't spied my first vaper yet though...

No I haven't and the odd time I go to the pub I still get funny looks when I'm vaping out the front.The bar manager said I can vape in the pub if I want but it gets a bit annoying when people keep staring at you all night so I just go out the front like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Hopefully if/when we get our own forum we will be able to have a section for vape friendly bars.

My local is ok with it, I am the only vaper in there, I don't blow smoke rings in the air or anything but I do vape constantly the whole time I am there.

Haven't seen any other vapers though.

Just got the eGo-T and 50ml from vapourireland.com this morning for a total of €73 including shipping ,I'm impressed with the service.I ordered that at 16:30 yesterday and I'm vaping it now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Does anyone find liquids going "off" after a week?

It seems to me that after a week the liquid seems to lose its flavour. I usually vape about 20-25ml a week, last week I bought a 50ml bottle from Thebestshop.eu ans it seems to have lost its buzz.
    I am breaking in a new atomizer now to see if it will make any difference.

Theblueirish

You need to keep the bottle in a fridge - and only carry a small amount around on your person

Does anyone find liquids going "off" after a week?

It seems to me that after a week the liquid seems to lose its flavour. I usually vape about 20-25ml a week, last week I bought a 50ml bottle from Thebestshop.eu ans it seems to have lost its buzz.
    I am breaking in a new atomizer now to see if it will make any difference.

Theblueirish

As well as leaving the eliquid in a fridge - Another thing you should do is wash through your atomizer with denatured alcohol ( Metalated Spirits for example) using a large syringe about once a week - I have been using the same atomizer for over 3 months now and it is going great.

• Advertisement

You should bear in mind that you'll get mixed opinions on both the fridge and the atomiser cleaning suggestions. I see a lot of recommendations for keeping the liquid in a cool place, not a fridge. Cleaning is down to the person. If it works for you great but if you are lazy like me I simply couldn't be bothered bearing in mind the mixed results people seem to have.

Advertisement